• ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Guido

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Glocks don't have "armorers". Glocks have parts changers.:D

The OP might want to consider ordering the part online and watching you tube for the video that shows how to install it.
    Sometimes it is fun to learn and do it yourself , the worst case is you will have to take it to Bradis anyway.:D

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    The OP might want to consider ordering the part online and watching you tube for the video that shows how to install it.
    Sometimes it is fun to learn and do it yourself , the worst case is you will have to take it to Bradis anyway.:D

Just watch out for the video about changing the rear sight on a glock , I am sure the guys at Bradis won't use a rusted old screw driver and a hammer to remove the old one or to put in the new one like the idiot in the video did. I bet they have the actual sight tool needed for the job
    just my :twocents:

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Are you kidding me? I read the whole friggin thing and just assumed they were talking about Kenny! :laugh:

In all seriousness, to the OP: Bradis is well-staffed with with Glock Armorers; at least one is usually on duty any given day of the week.

kenny_mccormick.jpg

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Yea Im sure I can do it myself, Ive messed with my other glocks enough. This is my limited gun and I may need to get a new trigger job depending on if I need other springs changed. We'll see.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So, these folks work on Glocks only? I bought a new Beretta from Bradis a few weeks ago and discovered the rear sight adjustment screw had been installed with an impact wrench. I broke a screwdriver on it trying to adjust it. When I called Bradis the next day I was told they did not have anyone who could help me and I needed to call Beretta. I can't tell you how badly that went! No one from Beretta has answered my calls or emails. So, I took it to a smith and paid for it. So much for service and a Beretta warrenty. Ask me if I'm a happy camper.

NRA Lifer since 1971

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So, these folks work on Glocks only?

Glock Armorers are, not surprisingly, only certified to work on Glocks. Bradis also has a couple AR armorers on-staff. For "real" gunsmithing tasks, the shop uses and recommends Russ' Gun Repair in Martinsville.

Sorry to hear about your Beretta experience, but glad you finally got the problem resolved.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    I went in to Bradis and bought a smooth trigger for my 27. The serrated triggers are installed on smaller Glocks for import points. I don't like them. I was given a trigger for a 21 by mistake. I get it home and installed it. Wrong part trigger bar was too long. It was an honest mistake, the shop was swamped that day.
    I returned the next day to exchange the part, and buy a few other small parts for other pistols I have. I explained the situation and was asked if they could look at my pistol. I brought it in for them to look at. I had to wait for the armorer (tall older guy) to finish what he was doing, to come over and look at it. He takes my new 27 into the back room and proceeds to pound on my new 27 with a punch, and hammer.
    I ask one of the other guys behind the counter "what he is pounding on back there". He replies " sometimes you have to use a hammer to remove the trigger pin". I tell him at no time do are you to use a hammer on a Glock pistol. He just gives me a look like I don't know what I'm talking about, and walks off. From what I was told he is another in house Armourer. At this point I'm seriously honked off. I went outside to grab a smoke. Come back in and HE IS STILL POUNDING ON MY NEW PISTOL.
    He finally comes out of the back room, and says he cannot get the pin out. He hands the frame back to me, I asked to see his Glock tool. The tall older guy gives it too me. I removed the pin for him. They figure out they sold me the wrong part, and exchanged it for the correct part.

So I ended up taking my 27 to a police armorer and had it checked out. The pistol is fine. He replaced the beat up trigger pin, and slide lock. He even showed me in the Glock Armorers manual, where Glock specifically states not to use a hammer for trigger pin removal.

Here is one I found online. It's on page 23.
    http://stevespages.com/pdf/glock_armorers_manual_update.pdf

I have no other experience with other Bradis armorers, but I know of two that will never touch anything I own.

Any time you have work done on your Glock pistol. Ask to see a Glock armorers certificate before any work is done to your pistol. If they don't have it, or fail to produce it. Don't let them touch your pistol.

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I don't know about armorers, but they got Glock parts!
    I went in today, aint been there in a long time and happened to ask if Shooter521 was there (no he was off saving the world) he works the weekends. And if they had any NY-1/NY-2 trigger springs (Yes $3 ea) and then I saw a G-27 mag for $17, and it had a Pierce bottom, so I asked if they hada floor plate # 3206 to fit and they did $2.49 ea, so I took all they had, and will never need any more in my lifetime. So I am happy and by the way, they were selling out the clam shell metal Center of Mass secure gun lock boxes for $22 ea! I have one in my car and they are worth it, get one to secure your GLOCK while your in there, before they are gone.

Friendly as ever too, old guy was telling me they (Braddis) had a shoplifter steal a revolver over the weekend................that Oxygen Thief is now behind bars looking at serious Felonies..........(Good for him).

I will have to stop by again next pay day and get me some more Glock stuff.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I have no other experience with other Bradis armorers, but I know of two that will never touch anything I own.

Any time you have work done on your Glock pistol. Ask to see a Glock armorers certificate before any work is done to your pistol. If they don't have it, or fail to produce it. Don't let them touch your pistol.

Not knocking on anyone else, but there is only one guy in Indy that will work on mine.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Let's get it straight.

I was the one who eventually actually had time to stop and figuire out that Minigun had been sold the wrong part. I repaired the firearm with the parts he requested. I even gave him a couple of free parts. I guess he didn't realize that he had already had a POLICE armorer look at his Glock because I also do that for the Marion County Sheriff's Dept. If he had been that upset when he left or had a problem with one of the parts I would have been glad to have taken care of it. CUSTOMER always comes first.

If I am one of the 2 that you would not like to work on your firearm that is No problem we have several other armorers and I have plenty to work on between the 2 jobs.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I never did ask what you were going to do with it.

here's mine :rockwoot:

dsc06495.jpg
    Looks good with those accents and the magwell. I have a heavy Ice mag Well, tungston guide rod, dawson sites, extended mag release, and a 2.5lb trigger from Ralph Sotelo (triggerkit.com). Only thing is Ralph isn't selling those anymore, at least the site doesn't exist anymore and I haven't shot with him in quite some time, so I don't know if some of the springs I need changed are going to require me to get a new trigger set up or not. I probably do need a new striker spring since the one from Ralph has been on their for a 3 or 4 seasons now, and Ive had a couple of lite primer strikes. Im hoping if I do need a new trigger set-up the Bradis boys will be able to drop in one as good as the one I have now...last time I checked it's down to 2.3lbs.
    oldandnewaug-2009058-1.jpg

Top Bottom