• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I am very thankful nobody was hurt. If it serves to reinforce the Gun Rules not only for those involved but for all of us then I guess some good comes from it. Bradis is one of my favorite places to go and will remain so. I find it amusing that even a thread where everyone agrees on the principle involved there is still sh%& being flung. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

Yes, this thread is going well. :cool:

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    For the Nostradamus' (Nostradami??) here who know exactly what happened without even being there, I salute you :bowdown:

There are two kinds of gun-people in the world; Those who have had an ND, and those who will. In your rush to judge, take a gander in the mirror. It'll happen to YOU sooner or later.

To the OP; Your "vantage" point? Your back was toward me when the incident happened. If you have eyes in the back of your head, then I salute you, too.

The starter pistol in question was an old RG, and the cartridges face downward in the magazine (which loads from the front of the pistol, under the "muzzle"). The mag advances rearward with each trigger pull, ejecting out the rear of the device. There is no way anything could exit the muzzle of this particular "pistol".

Yep, I should have removed the empties (or what I thought were empties) from the mag. With multiple firing pin strikes to all of the cases, I wrongly assumed all were spent.

I SCREWED UP, AND IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!

As a rangemaster for close to 10 years, and shooting enthusiast for 30+ years, I know all too well that ND's can happen. I have no excuse, and will make none.

Most of you people sicken me beyond words. Currahee put it so well with the Monday Morning QB post.

We sure as hell don't have to worry about anti-gunners tearing us down, we do it to ourselves.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    From the starter pistols I've used, I was really confused as to why there was a problem. The ones I know are revolver-type, have a solid steel "barrel" with no bore and all spent gasses are forced out the sides, meaning a "safe" location with respect to the hot gasses and particulates would be behind or directly in front of the pistol but not to the sides.

Thanks sjstill for naming the starter pistol in question.(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh_TMSz-VKY) I've never seen one like that. I'm forced to admit that I'd be very concerned to hear a loud noise and see that in someone's hand, too. I won't pile on any more. You seem to have grasped the situation perfectly.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    WOW - Guns AND a Show. I'm never invited. :(
    Glad only grey hairs and skid marks were the only results.
    I've seen a lot of blank firing incidents on set. Starter pistols, blank firing semis and MGs, plugged and unplugged with one common thing. Actors being Morons.

It shouldn't, but It can happen to anyone.(except me)
    N.D. is fair game for all to get chastised for it. Don't defend them, that's just how it works. Lesson learned.(I hope)

I still would have pulled on him.

So - Does Bradis Firearms have any slightly used Starter Pistols for sale? :D

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    For the Nostradamus' (Nostradami??) here who know exactly what happened without even being there, I salute you :bowdown:

There are two kinds of gun-people in the world; Those who have had an ND, and those who will. In your rush to judge, take a gander in the mirror. It'll happen to YOU sooner or later.

To the OP; Your "vantage" point? Your back was toward me when the incident happened. If you have eyes in the back of your head, then I salute you, too.

The starter pistol in question was an old RG, and the cartridges face downward in the magazine (which loads from the front of the pistol, under the "muzzle"). The mag advances rearward with each trigger pull, ejecting out the rear of the device. There is no way anything could exit the muzzle of this particular "pistol".

Yep, I should have removed the empties (or what I thought were empties) from the mag. With multiple firing pin strikes to all of the cases, I wrongly assumed all were spent.

I SCREWED UP, AND IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!

As a rangemaster for close to 10 years, and shooting enthusiast for 30+ years, I know all too well that ND's can happen. I have no excuse, and will make none.

Most of you people sicken me beyond words. Currahee put it so well with the Monday Morning QB post.

We sure as hell don't have to worry about anti-gunners tearing us down, we do it to ourselves.

My vantage point was from directly in front of the cash register,angled toward you.To have by back to you I would have had to be looking out the front door.As I was waiting for help,that does not make much sense.So to say my back was to you is total bull****.

I made no attacks on anyone.I even stated this thread was to simply remind people of safety.To try and some how shift focus onto me you make a snide comment about me having eyes in the back of my head.Nice.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    All I saw was the back of your head, and the customer I was dealing with was between the two of us. You couldn't have even seen the gun from where you were at the counter.

I'm not trying to shift anything.

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    All I saw was the back of your head, and the customer I was dealing with was between the two of us. You couldn't have even seen the gun from where you were at the counter.

I'm not trying to shift anything.

Wow! Are trying to guarantee that the OP never buys at Bradis again? I think I'd go lick my wounds somewhere and stop arguing about his integrity.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Starter pistols can still get you in trouble....

When I was much younger my cousin and I were lighting firecrackers over at his house one afternoon.
    A neighbor did not like that we were doing that so instead of asking that
    we stop or calling the cops he decided that the best course of action
    would be to get his starting pistol, get in his car, drive up to us and
    call us over to the car then stick the gun in our faces and pull the trigger. :n00b:

Yeah, the police were called at that point.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starter pistols can still get you in trouble....

When I was much younger my cousin and I were lighting firecrackers over at his house one afternoon.
    A neighbor did not like that we were doing that so instead of asking that
    we stop or calling the cops he decided that the best course of action
    would be to get his starting pistol, get in his car, drive up to us and
    call us over to the car then stick the gun in our faces and pull the trigger. :n00b:

Yeah, the police were called at that point.

What did he (the idiot neighbor) get charged with? Anything?

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Starter pistols are potentially as dangerous as small calibre handguns when used improperly. If I remember correctly, there was a televsion actor back in the late 60s or 70s that accidently killed himself by acting like he was going to commit suicide with a starter pistol as a joke on the cast and crew. He fired it at his head, I recollect at his ear. The impact was enough to cause severe brain damage and he died shortly thereafter.

In this particular case, a mistake was made and a lesson was admittedly learned. Luckily, no one got hurt this time. It is doubtful that this will ever happen again to either the present or future employees of Bradis or to those of us who have read this message string. Let us quit hammering on each other and just let this one go and get back to arguing over the quality of DPMS or Taurus weapons. Now, I would really be pi$$ed if someone from Bradis badmouthed either one of those brands, because they have sold both of them to me NIB and recommended them highly as quality weapons.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Starter pistols are potentially as dangerous as small calibre handguns when used improperly. If I remember correctly, there was a televsion actor back in the late 60s or 70s that accidently killed himself by acting like he was going to commit suicide with a starter pistol as a joke on the cast and crew. He fired it at his head, I recollect at his ear. The impact was enough to cause severe brain damage and he died shortly thereafter.

In this particular case, a mistake was made and a lesson was admittedly learned. Luckily, no one got hurt this time. It is doubtful that this will ever happen again to either the present or future employees of Bradis or to those of us who have read this message string. Let us quit hammering on each other and just let this one go and get back to arguing over the quality of DPMS or Taurus weapons. Now, I would really be pi$$ed if someone from Bradis badmouthed either one of those brands, because they have sold both of them to me NIB and recommended them highly as quality weapons.

Your right and I'm sorry.

I'll start - Taurus Sucks! :rockwoot:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    First let me say that I have never had a bad experience at Bradis until today.Customer service has always been top notch and the prices fair.I still think that is the case,and will shop there in the future.

Now for what happened.I went in to pick up a firearm that came in today for me.Receipt in hand I walk in to the cash register and am waiting to be helped.
    On the counter directly to my right is an employee with a customers pistol and they are talking about the pistol.From my vantage point what I saw was the employee hold the pistol and pull the trigger(with it pointed down at the counter and toward the customer). You guessed it POP.One heart attack later the employee says "it was a blank".

Turns out it was a starting pistol loaded with blanks.The employee thought they where all spent.He was wrong.

Work on better training of employees.

:ranton:

Around 11:00 Am on 11/01/2011

I would like to know if you spoke with anyone at Bradis about what happened before you posted this thread.

Top Bottom