• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    First let me say that I have never had a bad experience at Bradis until today.Customer service has always been top notch and the prices fair.I still think that is the case,and will shop there in the future.

Now for what happened.I went in to pick up a firearm that came in today for me.Receipt in hand I walk in to the cash register and am waiting to be helped.
    On the counter directly to my right is an employee with a customers pistol and they are talking about the pistol.From my vantage point what I saw was the employee hold the pistol and pull the trigger(with it pointed down at the counter and toward the customer). You guessed it POP.One heart attack later the employee says "it was a blank".

Turns out it was a starting pistol loaded with blanks.The employee thought they where all spent.He was wrong.

Work on better training of employees.

:ranton:

Around 11:00 Am on 11/01/2011

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Must have happened just before I got there! Picked up a rifle that Mark ordered for me. Seemed like business as usual when I was there. I hope the demonstrator got a good talking to!

Bradis Guns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    While this incident was most unfortunate, the gun was not pointed at the customer; the "round" would have impacted a large catalog laying on the countertop. However, that fact does not excuse our employee's poor gun handling or lack of judgement, and he has been counseled on the matter by management.

We appreciate your concern and feedback; we are continually working to make Bradis a safe and enjoyable shopping environment for our customers.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Very odd for Bradis. They have always been very safe when I have been there, but it just goes to show you that you can't let your guard down when dealing with firearms. You just never know what could happen.

Now if this were about Don's, I wouldn't be surprised.:D

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    thats crazy considering every time i got there, i feel like im in a safe enviroment for as far as gun stores are concerned. i just dont get as to why an employee was "dry firing" a customers weapon. was he doing some sort of function check or was this just a guy playing with a gun??

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Mistakes happen. I'm glad no one was hurt and especially glad to know it wasn't some kind of practical joke.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Don't know, but the only unsafe things I ever notice is the rubes who roll through looking for "matching numbers" :laugh: on Mosins that flag everyone in the rifle/shotgun room while dry firing.

As far as employees, I usually see them acting overly safe (if there is such a thing) when handling firearms. Except for Shooter. That guy is always AD'ing.:D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    was he doing some sort of function check or was this just a guy playing with a gun??

AFAIK, he was attempting to help a customer troubleshoot the blank-firing pistol, and was cycling what appeared to be spent casings (primers had been struck), provided by the customer. One had evidently been a light strike, and it's the one that went off.

Where can I get me a couple of them catalogues seems cheaper than plates and a plate carrier.

Yep; they're certified Level 0, rated to stop multiple spaced hits of blanks, spitwads, rubber bands and staples. :):

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    While this incident was most unfortunate, the gun was not pointed at the customer; the "round" would have impacted a large catalog laying on the countertop. However, that fact does not excuse our employee's poor gun handling or lack of judgement, and he has been counseled on the matter by management.

We appreciate your concern and feedback; we are continually working to make Bradis a safe and enjoyable shopping environment for our customers.

I have always found Bradis a safe and enjoyable place to purchase my firearms.I will continue to view it as such and purchase from you again.Mistakes happen.My point of the thread was more one of never let your guard down,and always follow the rules.Glad to hear it was taken care of in house,and I am looking forward to my next visit to pick up another order in the next few days.
    :patriot:

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Sorry, but jokes about a situation were this a non-blank firing pistol could have discharged if the employee had used similar judgment isn't filling me with confidence in the establishment.

I'm glad it was just a blank and nobody got hurt. I see enough poor discipline at gun stores in general between the customers and employees and to think an employee either didn't check or decided that dented primers were enough to start pulling the trigger scares the hell out of me.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Anyone can be a Monday morning quarterback, and from my expierence many people who preach that they are holier then thou when it comes to safety are really pretty pathetic at it.

All I can say is +1 to Bradis for owning up to the fact that a problem occured and that steps have been taken to prevent the problem in the future. That is the best that a business can do.

Many businesses would have just ignored the thread or denied fault.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Anyone can be a Monday morning quarterback, and from my expierence many people who preach that they are holier then thou when it comes to safety are really pretty pathetic at it.

Wow, really? Attack the messenger huh? Whatever. I'm not the moron who effed up. I'm sure he felt bad, I'm sure he got a stern talking to, but trigger pulls aren't a bell you can un-ring. I'm not calling for pitchforks and torches, but joking about such a horrible lack of judgement is disconcerting to me. Your attack on me personally befuddles me and I can only assume that one store owner is rallying around another, brotherhood if you will.

Doesn't sit well when cops do it when one of their own muffs the kick and doesn't sit well here either.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Yep; they're certified Level 0, rated to stop multiple spaced hits of blanks, spitwads, rubber bands and staples. :):

joke all you want all it would have taken is some debris or something in the barrel of any gun with a charge behind it and it could hurt someone. I think its great you came hear and owned up to it and should have left it at that. People have been killed by blanks, at least one I can think of is very famous as it killed Bruce Lee's son.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Wow, really? Attack the messenger huh? Whatever. I'm not the moron who effed up. I'm sure he felt bad, I'm sure he got a stern talking to, but trigger pulls aren't a bell you can un-ring. I'm not calling for pitchforks and torches, but joking about such a horrible lack of judgement is disconcerting to me. Your attack on me personally befuddles me and I can only assume that one store owner is rallying around another, brotherhood if you will.

Doesn't sit well when cops do it when one of their own muffs the kick and doesn't sit well here either.

My post was in no way a response to your post, but I am glad I was able to assist you in turning this thread into the normal run of mill cop bashing post which seems all to normal on INGO.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am very thankful nobody was hurt. If it serves to reinforce the Gun Rules not only for those involved but for all of us then I guess some good comes from it. Bradis is one of my favorite places to go and will remain so. I find it amusing that even a thread where everyone agrees on the principle involved there is still sh%& being flung. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

Top Bottom