• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Something might be up with what used to be Marion Counties go to gun shop... Bradis Guns.

It started with a vague post about being closed Temporarily. Now I am seeing other posts elsewhere that staff have been let go?

Anyone know what is going on?

1721075461007.png

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Bought 2 guns there. Wasn't a favorite place of mine and really never went back. Never did see what many INGO'ers saw in it.

I do remember a new member saying pretty much the same and ran off.

Fiddle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Fishers
    Purchased a Mosin Nagant (full of cosmoline) back in the early 2000's at Bradis, but have never been able find a great deal there since then. Regardless - I am always sorry to lose a Local Gun Store - I hope they stay open

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have purchased infrequently from them for years. The revolver area used to be the gun store ( the whole store) and they mainly soldchainsaws and mowers ect. my first rifle new purchase ever was from them a Winchester 9422 XTR .22 mag price new with a rather cheap 3x9 scope and box of ammo was 262.62. Most likely 1984.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Purchased a Mosin Nagant (full of cosmoline) back in the early 2000's at Bradis, but have never been able find a great deal there since then. Regardless - I am always sorry to lose a Local Gun Store - I hope they stay open
    Agreed! Never want to lose a gun store. I've never had any dealings with the place, but let's keep it going.

So, can we find out from someone in the know if it would help if we all go buy as much as we can from them.
    I mean, I need a gun.

I know that doesn't always help a failing business hanging by a nail.

Hate to lose a gun store, though.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It was the place to go.. or should I say, places.

1721080989669.jpeg

Time was you had the main Bradis guns, always wondering what was in the Mosin room (which in 2013 wasn't much)
    Then you walked around to Bradis II and looked at all the ammo, supplies, surplus, and other gun stuff...

I think I bought an M14 and an M1911A1 there. Plus countless mags and ammo, and whatever... heck the wife wanted a zombie target for haloween decor one year.

1721081091480.jpeg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Man that is a shame. I remember going there with my dad as a kid. I remember not being able to see over the checkout counter. The first gun I ever bought for myself, I bought from there and many many more. Sad to see it go but I'm not surprised either. Last time I was in there I could count the pistols in the counter on both hands and have a finger or two left to pick my nose. Rifles were basically out of stock and very little ammo to speak of. All employees were pretty much just sitting around and there were only me and one other customer in the store. That place used to never not be packed with customers and had a huge inventory of all kinds of cool stuff. Seems the last couple year though all the good guys left. Starting with Mark (Shooter521) then Dave left, I don't think he was an INGOer, then Jeremy and before long I didn't know anyone there anymore and it just wasn't the same. Didn't seem like the crew really enjoyed working there anymore and everyone kinda gave up. I think I heard new owners were involved and weren't particularly gun friendly but somehow inherited the shop. Not sure if that's true or not but something definitely changed and not for the better. Sad

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Sorry to hear it. They have gone downhill in the past several years, I’ve not been in much lately.
    you guys calling the back room the mosin room make me feel old, when I was in HS, you could get a Chinese SKS for $59 and they had racks of them. A Chinese ’paratrooper’ or a Russian SKS was $69.
    I had bought many guns from them over the years including my first personally purchased on my 18th birthday, an 18” 12 ga Maverick 88. I called Mark (Shooter 521) before my 38th birthday and bought the same exact shotgun as a 20th anniversary of me buying my first gun!

As has been said, hate to see a gun shop go under, especially one that has been around for 30+ years.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I didn’t make it in there much but when I did years ago it seems a lot of locals (one some deputy that probably needed his A1C checked) were sort of I. The way and you couldn’t really look.

I was in there last late summer early fall and some older dude working there at the ammo was ranting about Biden this and Biden that which while I am not a fan of Biden he was like deranged on it so o left.

I hate to hear any shop have to close but I was never really impressed there.

Top Bottom