• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    At this time, I can only contribute to 1 organization (got laid off and I'm between jobs).

I was a member of the GOA. However, recently I have seen far more activity, especially in court, from the Firearms Policy Coalition. I am now a member of the FPC

IMHO, our funds should go to those who are actively fighting to protect and regain our rights. As best as I can tell, FPC seems to be doing the heavy lifting right now.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Throw your money at who you wish. I'm sure it does something, maybe, kinda?

In this election, the absence of our only real gun rights lobby organization was noticeable and it appears as though we have lost.

Did the absence of a strong loud gun lobby play a factor in the election?

Should we concentrate on fixing our only effective gun rights organization as opposed to boycotting and trashing it?

:dunno:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

In this election, the absence of our only real gun rights lobby organization was noticeable and it appears as though we have lost.

Should we concentrate on fixing our only effective gun rights organization as opposed to boycotting and trashing it?

My friend when an organization becomes so bloated and self serving it is near impossible to fix. From our Gov all the way down to the Red Cross.
    Look at how much money Brownells and Midway have given the suck butts in the NRA. Millions. Where has it gone. Why did it go there.

I have lost all faith in it as an organization to protect the 2A for we the people.
    We soon will have no voice at all but they let us down. We did not let them down.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My friend when an organization becomes so bloated and self serving it is near impossible to fix. From our Gov all the way down to the Red Cross.
    Look at how much money Brownells and Midway have given the suck butts in the NRA. Millions. Where has it gone. Why did it go there.

I have lost all faith in it as an organization to protect the 2A for we the people.
    We soon will have no voice at all but they let us down. We did not let them down.

It's hard to tell, but what infringements did they stop that no one is talking about?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The NRA itself has a lot to do with that you know.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not arguing the the NRA doesn't have it's problems.

What I am asking is; Has their lack of presence cost us a loss? Has "our" abandoning of the NRA taken them out of the influential role that won us elections in the past?

Would the 2A been a regular top level topic had it been forced to be discussed by the NRA, as they have in past elections?

How many times did the MSM give the Biden/Harris's NRA rating. Consequently, how many times were they pushed to say "NRA" with the same disgust that their down ballot libs do?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't believe the 2nd amendment issue was paramount to Trump losing the election. People didn't vote against him because of that.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    The NRA saved money on this election. They didn't have to work hard to try and prove the "other side" is anti-gun and will try to enact restrictions because the candidates were, (feeling emboldened), blatant and open about it this time...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not arguing the the NRA doesn't have it's problems.

What I am asking is; Has their lack of presence cost us a loss? Has "our" abandoning of the NRA taken them out of the influential role that won us elections in the past?

Would the 2A been a regular top level topic had it been forced to be discussed by the NRA, as they have in past elections?

How many times did the MSM give the Biden/Harris's NRA rating. Consequently, how many times were they pushed to say "NRA" with the same disgust that their down ballot libs do?

Do you know why the NRA doesn't seem to have been very active in the election? Do you think it's because we've "abandoned" them? Maybe it's that WLP is trying to lay low-profile to stay out of jail. :dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What I do know is that we've lost. And that the NRA wasn't a factor in the election as they have been for most of our lives.

The 2A was way down on the list of discussion/controversy compared to years past.

Sure, it's the NRA's fault. Maybe it's ours too? Maybe we should learn from this? :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What I do know is that we've lost. And that the NRA wasn't a factor in the election as they have been for most of our lives.

The 2A was way down on the list of discussion/controversy compared to years past.

Sure, it's the NRA's fault. Maybe it's ours too? Maybe we should learn from this? :dunno:

And do what? Suck WLP’s twinkie? I kinda think he’s too busy spending money on lawyers and expensive suits.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    After a quick read, the proposed options appear to be register the braced pistol as an SBR, remove the brace and replace the barrel with one 16" or greater, or surrender the firearm. So simply putting it back to pistol configuration is not an option? This is totally geared towards AR pistols and screws thoroughly AK pistol owners, CZ Scorpions, etc, etc, etc.

And yeah, WILL NOT COMPLY!

Top Bottom