• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Do we not also wonder whether a 100 page thread educates the anti's about an obscure item that they really didn't know existed?

After the Dayton shooting the Antis became well aware of the pistol brace and their propaganda machine started moving. Trust me. I work with one and suddenly, after Dayton, he was an expert on how gun manufacturers were, "circumventing the spirit and intent of the law".

We had a bit of a verbal dust-up over it.

What is going on with Q might very well be the result of those bits of machinery that started moving a year ago.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After the Dayton shooting the Antis became well aware of the pistol brace and their propaganda machine started moving. Trust me. I work with one and suddenly, after Dayton, he was an expert on how gun manufacturers were, "circumventing the spirit and intent of the law".

We had a bit of a verbal dust-up over it.

What is going on with Q might very well be the result of those bits of machinery that started moving a year ago.

We have had several of these dustups with those who become over night experts in a field that is limitless and takes years to become deeply involved in.
    You can not make enough sense/push enough info/make any difference at all in how they think. If you can even call that thinking.

The best one was describing what a machine gun was in reality.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do we not also wonder whether a 100 page thread educates the anti's about an obscure item that they really didn't know existed?
    Anti-gun zealots aren’t looking for information that counters their beliefs. I think if they saw this thread they would more tend to react negatively about “brace guns” and cheer the ATF for trying to ban them. I’m sure they would see it as the manufacturers trying to exploit language to make what is really an SBR fit the technical definition of a pistol. An anti-gun zealot that would be “educated” to switch to our viewpoint would probably have ridden into this thread on a unicorn. (Not CM’s unicorn, an anti-gun one)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    speaking of "overnight experts" this is one of my favorites from the past. Just goes to show how well educated the people are on the bills they're writing/passing

[video=youtube;WhNkIsP59pM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNkIsP59pM[/video]

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    If want to convert one of my grendels to a sbr that has a barrel shorter than carbine gas system.. how would I control early unlock? There is only so much you can do with buffer spring and weight

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    If want to convert one of my grendels to a sbr that has a barrel shorter than carbine gas system.. how would I control early unlock? There is only so much you can do with buffer spring and weight

My 13.7 uses a standard weight vltor a5 buffer with a carbine gas system. No issues

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    My 13.7 uses a standard weight vltor a5 buffer with a carbine gas system. No issues
    Isn't it 3/4" longer than standard carbine buffer? If so, I wonder if a standard A2 rifle length buffer would be a good choice.. do they make sbr braces for A2 buffer tubes?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Isn't it 3/4" longer than standard carbine buffer? If so, I wonder if a standard A2 rifle length buffer would be a good choice.. do they make sbr braces for A2 buffer tubes?

No such thing as an sbr brace. Mine is pinned and welded to 16.1. I have shot a braced 12.5 Grendel pistol that used an Sba3 with a standard buffer it shot fine. Lots of 12.5 grendels out there

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Expanding on this more. It is more important than ever that gun owners get vocal and stay vocal. Every inch is important, anymore 3d chess will result in irreparable damage. There is no winning in the courts post rule making. There is no more room for compliant "common sense" gun owners. We aren't doing anything wrong so we shouldn't hide in back corners of dingy conservation clubs to discuss issues. Out loud and proud, public silence is conceived compliance.

The overwhelming amount of awareness social media allows works in our favor. Representatives have been bombarded with letters opposed to the atf's actions because of the open information sharing. Multiple people here, on a gun forum, had no idea this backroom rule making was even going on. It's sad how many in here still defend and justify the atf's overreach on this topic, but that is more reason why these threads are a key asset in fighting for our rights.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    With millions of people shouldering braces on short barrel AR and AK etc. That should show that the NFA needs revised at least. Where is the crime sprees with people using braces on AR and AK shotguns etc?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    ATF issuing cease and desist orders for private sales???

So....the videos below are from an individual who the ATF said is dealing without a license. I know that this happens and there are those who do this.

I am taking these videos with a grain of salt and will need further information. This individual has not posted a scan/pic of the letter he received. It is basically his word and I don't know this person to accept that without evidence. It will be interesting to see his future videos.

However, this does fall in line with the disturbing trend we are seeing from the ATF in 2020. First I heard was the truck guy they visited for purchasing a gun and to many oil filters thinking he was making silencers out of them. Now this.

I find it interesting that they had a list of the firearms he has purchased in the past. I thought a gun registry was illegal. If this information is accurate, then that is disturbing as well.

Similarly when a gentlemen was recently visited because he bought to many oil filters, the ATF had a list of all this internet purchases. For those who don't thing the government is potentially illegally collating all our data, I think this is strong evidence that it is happening.

Here are the vids of the ATF private sale visit:

[video=youtube;sC6vRjo82II]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC6vRjo82II[/video]

[video=youtube;9mGsDvRx3kI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mGsDvRx3kI[/video]

Here is the vid of the ATF oil filter guy visit:

[video=youtube;270sLN5WL2I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=270sLN5WL2I[/video]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So i'm cheering new legislation? You mean the laws that are already on the books for no buttstocks on pistols..
    You dont know me at all son. But thanks for the laughs....
    I know this, none of the ya'yas i hang with in the nfa world, never would have bought or put any adjustable buttstock with a shoulder pad on a pistol without having a stamp. One is asking for trouble....
    You better sell all of those adjustable buttstocks before the taxman sends you some letters....

Since I am treasonous, just put me on ignore.....

I have a couple of pistols with braces on them. I know they are braces because the ATF say that they are. I suppose if I drive the speed limit, I am also "asking for trouble?"

:rolleyes:

What are you and your ****ing ya'yas gonna do when NFA items are simply prohibited? Better sell them now and not push it, those things are military grade and don't have any business in the hands of civilian ya'yas. Doesn't matter if you bought it legally, just like I did with my braced pistols.

"Hang with in the NFA world." Boy, you really think you're something special, don't you? You're special, alright.

:rolleyes: :):

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    You and your stupid strawmen...
    I dont have any braced pistols or sbrs, no worries here. Me special, naa just smarter than a few here and smart enough to have a great career and buy well in the eightys...
    Feel free to put me on ignore too..... #Makebetterdecisions

Ultimate Fudd comments.

I believe in the 2nd Amendment as long as you shoot what I shoot.

As new infringements are introduced, I'm sure that you will be the first in line to "smartly" give whatever is being demanded. Except for that single shot 12 gauge that you bought in the 80s of course... THEN they'll cross your Fudd line!

Top Bottom