Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    There isn't one

Here is the atf according to tfb

"After examining a sample Q Honey Badger Pistol, the ATF’s Firearms and Ammunition Technology Division (FATD) concluded that “the objective features of the Honey Badger firearm, configured with the subject stabilizing brace, indicate the firearm is designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder.” FATD further concluded that it is a SBR as defined by the National Firearms Act (NFA) and Gun Control Act (GCA). Yet, ATF does not explain how it arrived at this conclusion other than vague generalizations that the firearm was “designed” to be fired from the shoulder and by virtue of its barrel length meeting the definition of a SBR. "

They literally have themselves this power under order of trump. There is nothing about a bumpstock that makes it a machine gun, but here we are.

Let me preface my response to the part I highlighted by saying that I fully support the total repeal of the NFA and GCA. Repeal without replacement, and nullification of all state level gun control through federal preemption.

However, I never believed for a second that pistol braces were designed to be anything other than a shoulder stock that skirts the NFA. I don't have a problem with that. I didn't have a problem with AWB ban-era neutered ARs either. The government makes a loophole, I'm all in favor of driving a freight train through it.

But let's be honest. Braces were designed to be shouldered, while thumbing our collective noses at the letter of the law. If you claim otherwise, you're being disingenuous.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let me preface my response to the part I highlighted by saying that I fully support the total repeal of the NFA and GCA. Repeal without replacement, and nullification of all state level gun control through federal preemption.

However, I never believed for a second that pistol braces were designed to be anything other than a shoulder stock that skirts the NFA. I don't have a problem with that. I didn't have a problem with AWB ban-era neutered ARs either. The government makes a loophole, I'm all in favor of driving a freight train through it.

But let's be honest. Braces were designed to be shouldered, while thumbing our collective noses at the letter of the law. If you claim otherwise, you're being disingenuous.

Bingo.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Yuck

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Get rid of the unconstitutional NFA and all these worries disappear overnight. We need to start pushing for this with our representatives and the president.

I don't think enough people are pushing to get rid of the NFA that's why its still law.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Get rid of the unconstitutional NFA and all these worries disappear overnight. We need to start pushing for this with our representatives and the president.

I don't think enough people are pushing to get rid of the NFA that's why its still law.

What do you do when you elect someone running on removing suppressors from the NFA then they turn around and do this?

PicsArt1007095416.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Please explain your yuck.

Are you yucking about about my opposition to all gun control, or my honesty about the creation of the pistol brace? Honestly, I'd like to know and discuss it with you.

Yuck to your uneducated take on braces and actually using one vs a stock.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No. But Are you suggesting we should accept infringement from any politician? The simple fact is that over the last 12 years trump has proven more effective at delivering damaging gun control than obama/Biden.

Uh....what math are you using there my friend. "Obummer"=8 years. Trump=4 years. Are we combining the 2 of these POTUS.
    I need to understand the rules of engagement.

No worries.

"O" was the best gun salesmen to ever waste the office.
    Trump has stepped on his manhood in this arena.
    But his ability to set the SC to a more rational balance may well in the end play out for us.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    No. But Are you suggesting we should accept infringement from any politician? The simple fact is that over the last 12 years trump has proven more effective at delivering damaging gun control than obama/Biden.

You won’t convince many here. Also about braces on “AR pistols” Oh yeah let me tell you, people are buying a 10.5” barreled AR “pistol” with a “brace” with no intention of shouldering it...duh

I’m not demonizing that intention. i think the whole SBR rule is pretty useless. If anything braces have proved it’s not a problem and should be abolished. Same goes for sbr shotguns.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You won’t convince many here. Also about braces on “AR pistols” Oh yeah let me tell you, people are buying a 10.5” barreled AR “pistol” with a “brace” with no intention of shouldering it...duh

I’m not demonizing that intention. i think the whole SBR rule is pretty useless. If anything braces have proved it’s not a problem and should be abolished. Same goes for sbr shotguns.

Well said and yes. On all points.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The Bumpstock Mental Gymnastics part 2 going on in here. I like how everyone saying that brace users have criminal intent are getting praise. I'll see you all at the assault rifle turn in, we all know that people have semi autos just to shoot fast and simulate full auto anyway.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

And over the past 12 years, the Louisville Police Department has killed more people than O.J. Simpson.

(I will wait while you perform mental gymnastics on that)

The RCP poll average has been showing for some time that not only is Trump likely to lose the election, but the GOP is better than even odds to lose the Senate, too.

My guess is that once the Teachers' Unions have been tamped back down in their place, kids are back in school, and we get our first new school shooting in a Joe Biden world - especially if Amy Barrett is not seated on the court - crap is going to change real quick, and these puerile, intellectually-embarrassing comparisons to Obama/Biden's record while in prison behind a GOP House are going to seem even sillier than they do now.

If anyone longs for the good old days when we had a Democrat President welcoming hordes of refugees and illegals into the country, when you could spend long, dreamy golden afternoons on the range with them, teaching them to shoot your collection of bump-stocked brace pistols, just me and god watching Scotty grow...well, the good old days are about to return. But this time, half that picture is going to be missing, because there is not going to be any GOP House to stop the Sandy Hook crap.

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    What I have learned from reading here ............ I must be the only person that thought the brace was stupid, took it off and shoot the gun as a pistol. I always was the oddball and a handgun guy.

Top Bottom