• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Has the ATF reclassified weapons like this before? Just curious, I do not own this particular weapon.
    Streetsweeper shotguns, open bolt semi Macs, swing down lowers on HK rifles and who can forget the back stabbing over the Atkins Accelerator for the Ruger 10/22. They darn near re-classified the Model 12 Winchester shotgun due to "slam fire".

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    How can a pistol have a LOP? LOP= distance from trigger to back of stock. Pistols dont have a stock.
    The ATF has stated before that a fully extended brace with a LOP over 13.5" may constitute a re-design of the brace into a stock. Then it's no longer a pistol according to them, it's an un-registered SBR.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The ATF has stated before that a fully extended brace with a LOP over 13.5" may constitute a re-design of the brace into a stock. Then it's no longer a pistol according to them, it's an un-registered SBR.

Never heard that. I may have just measured a bunch. An SBa3 on a standard carbine buffer is well under. CZ Scorpion with factory folding brace is like 13.3". I may have shortened up a Kak blade, not saying.

ETA. I did notice that my 9mm AR pistol w/ +/-8" barrel and SBa3 brace is about the same length when extended as my basic Beretta CX4 9mm rifle.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Never heard that. I may have just measured a bunch. An SBa3 on a standard carbine buffer is well under. CZ Scorpion with factory folding brace is like 13.3". I may have shortened up a Kak blade, not saying.

ETA. I did notice that my 9mm AR pistol w/ +/-8" barrel and SBa3 brace is about the same length when extended as my basic Beretta CX4 9mm rifle.

Off topic, but the cx4 is underrated. Great carbine smaller footprint ready to go than a folded keltec. I like the cx4

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana

"MAY" constitute..... is that like being "kinda" pregnant? Either you're in or out. Leave it to the ATF to leave ambiguity in their bs

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    ATF doesn't make laws. And they can't enforce something that's not public knowledge. If it was ok when they sold it, something has changed. And I'm not going to ask what. Keep us in the dark and it can't be enforced.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    ATF doesn't make laws. And they can't enforce something that's not public knowledge. If it was ok when they sold it, something has changed. And I'm not going to ask what. Keep us in the dark and it can't be enforced.

Ignorance isn't a defense. So this is not the first reversal on a gun that has been sold. See my thread in general "brace ban". The last couple basically the manufacturer provided sale docs to the atf, then the wholesalers provided next sale, then local gun shops provided 4473s. The honeybadger is more popular than the previous two, but the agency is well practiced at this point.

To the feds this is no different than having your pappys grenade from Grenada. You had no idea it was real but you will still catch the charges

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Ignorance isn't a defense. So this is not the first reversal on a gun that has been sold. See my thread in general "brace ban". The last couple basically the manufacturer provided sale docs to the atf, then the wholesalers provided next sale, then local gun shops provided 4473s. The honeybadger is more popular than the previous two, but the agency is well practiced at this point.

To the feds this is no different than having your pappys grenade from Grenada. You had no idea it was real but you will still catch the charges

:yesway:

Top Bottom