• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    The Soviet Empire was one of the largest in the history of the world and we beat them without firing a single f'ing shot. The things that were symbolic of that empire are now reduced to being trinkets bought and sold. I view these things as trophies.

My sentiments exactly! Very well put.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just because you see a 16 year old kid wearing this hat in a mall, it doesn't mean he's a Lenin/Stalin ballwasher. We know there is a 77% chance he can't name our first president so what is the likelyhood of him knowing what the hammer and sickle represent? Sure, he's a useful idiot but Stalin reicarnate, not likely.

We all need to stop being so quick to judge on first impression alone. Imagine you were one of the original Band of Brothers and you had a Nazi patch you cut off a dead German you just killed but got some of your friends first. You have a guest over who sees it but doesn't know you are a vet. What would you do if he called you a Nazi?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I've got a huge crush velvet Soviet flag that has Lenin on it that I had hanging on my wall for years. I took it down when we redecorated my computer room. I will hang it back up when I get my new house built and my man cave set up. I bought it in Hungary. I also have all kinds of other stuff with the the hammer and sickle on it. Does that make me a commie?
    :+1:

Does Glen Beck's poster make him a communist?

becks-commie-logo.gif

I'd still like to see where the hats are actually for sale. :dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    'Kay, I'll boycott 'em.

I'm not sure they'll notice, though.... I can't recall having ever bought any of their stuff anyway. :D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If you guys saw a teenager wearing this hat, would you:
    a: rip him a new one and move on feeling better about yourself
    b: ask him if he understands what it represents and educate him
    c: ignore him

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If you guys saw a teenager wearing this hat, would you:
    a: rip him a new one and move on feeling better about yourself
    b: ask him if he understands what it represents and educate him
    c: ignore him

C.

Like purple hair, such things are just designed to garner attention, and help them express their individuality by dressing like all the other rebels their age.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I would like to think B. However, most teenagers could give 2 you know whats about what an adult thinks. Let alone an adult they do not know. Their answer to you would probably be along the lines of, "whatever man, I just think it looks cool so who cares".

So in reality. C.

joker7037

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    How is this much different than the rebel flag? I personally think anyone wearing either is ignorant. To boycott a company for selling symbol, that to most has lost it's meaning, is a waste of time. The loss of income from a boycott is insignificant. I personally do not agree with selling of merchandise of this nature, but I will not boycott the company either. Historic memorbilia is different if collected for the sake of preserving history.

Chris

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    How is this much different than the rebel flag? I personally think anyone wearing either is ignorant. To boycott a company for selling symbol, that to most has lost it's meaning, is a waste of time. The loss of income from a boycott is insignificant. I personally do not agree with selling of merchandise of this nature, but I will not boycott the company either. Historic memorbilia is different if collected for the sake of preserving history.

As much as liberals wish that communism and the hammer & sickle emblem was forgotten, it isn't. It means something. It represents the most horrific regime of mass-murderers the modern world has known.

It is not historic, or collectible. It wasn't produced from back-in-the-day, in some remote part of the world. It is being manufactured today, in America, to indoctrinate today's generation or Americans.

Swastika hats aren't historic or fashionable either. As someone pointed out the Soviets murdered more innocents than the Nazis.

Top Bottom