• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Sadly, I'm aware. I have 4. If I didn't have a man in the house I would probably be considered a crazy cat lady...or at least close to it.

I've got a sister that is a crazy cat lady. She's also has her Masters in Child and Family Counseling, is a conflicted liberal and also plays for both teams.

Needless to say we don't have long conversations about guns.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    If my significant other cant handle it when I tell her what I think I wouldn't want to be with her. Was it your delivery and how you said it? That's what really matters. If you we're just telling her what you think in a calm way and she just disagrees and is being a ***** about it she is the one who is the problem. You sound like my sisters boyfriend. She keeps stringing him along and he is getting put in the dog house all the time because he is pathetic and weak with low self esteem. He gets blamed for everything and is always telling me "he needs to change and he messed up". Not once have I heard that she is taking some responsibility. A relationship is about working together not blaming the other person for everything.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I agree with him but in a sense its a little too late at this point I can only work on myself and show her that I am the same person she fell in love with and not the jack ass I have been the past few weeks.

I don't know your particular situation but you have probably been being a jackass longer than that for it to get to this point.

I'm not flinging an insult, just attempting to shed a little light for you.
    Sometimes you just can't see it from the inside.
    I've been guilty of that myself. It kind of creeps up on you.
    For my case, it was unrelated to my family, work stress making me miserable and therefore a miserable person to be around.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'm guessing he meant the companionship thing and nothing weird. Cats are like Pringles, you can't have just one.

Actually, cats are like grape candy. They're disgusting and me wanna puke, but for some reason, others still like them. :D

OP, take hoosierdoc's advice. Go back to dating, win her over again, then when the time is right, propose again. If she says no, I'll take the ring for $20.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Quite wasting your time on here explaining to guys that live in the dog house. If you can't get out of the dog house on your own you're gonna be in for a rough marriage. Gotta learn to bite that tongue you'll make it a lot further in life professionally and socially just don't let it compromise who you are.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So I have tendency to let my mouth over ride my ass and just say wahtever is on my mind and well I ended up knit picking my fiancee to no end and being down right mean boy did I do the damage needless to say I have a 3k engagement ring on my dresser... Guess I need to take it as a lesson learned.

There are a lot of things my gf and I don't agree with but I just shrug my shoulders and let them pass. It ain't worth the drama. You either love them for who they are or you don't.

Just as long as she lets me see her naked everything will be AOK!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    She took the ring off because she thought you weren't ready to fulfill the commitment it represents. Base on what you've said yourself, she was right. She sounds like a smart lady that would be worth the effort. She doesn't want to get rid of the ring so she's not willing to give up yet. Maybe you shouldn't be either. Relationships and/or marriage don't just happen on their own. We have to make them happen, and sometimes it can seem like work. But when its done right nothing is more worth it.

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    Wait...

So she gave you the ring back, and said not to return it because she might want it back???

So instead of working through the problem, she's making empty threats to try and scare you into being a better man?

Once that ring goes on, it should have stayed on. What happens a year from now, or 10 years from now when she gets annoyed with you? Is she going to threaten divorce every time things get tough?

My wife and I have been together 8 years, we're still young, but it's a partnership we agreed upon, if something is broke we fix it. Neither of us have ever threatened to leave one another, once those threats come out, it's time we leave each other.

I wish you the best, but be careful with the drama...

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    So she gave you the ring back, and said not to return it because she might want it back???

So instead of working through the problem, she's making empty threats to try and scare you into being a better man?

You don't know women do you? :n00b:
    When a woman takes an engagement ring off, she is NOT thinking about how much it costs. She is thinking about what a jerk the guy was.

When a guy says "should i return it?" She hears "i care more about money than I do about you"

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    must of been a pretty good argument for her to hand back a 3k ring.... I think my wife would keep the ring no matter even if she didn't want work it out... not that should would ever want too leave me** or so I believe

Top Bottom