• ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Shooters,

Our Bowling Pin Shooting match will be next Saturday, January 23rd at 1 pm. We will begin setup at 12:30 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have a shooters' meeting (required for new shooters) at 12:45 pm to explain the rules. At 1:00 pm sharp, we will begin shooting. We'll be charging $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members, with all money going towards the club or making the competition better. Youth (under the age of 18) shoot free with a paid adult. Thanks to everyone that has been coming out recently; we just bought a new table, whistles, and a bullhorn to make the competition run more smoothly!

Bowling Pin Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

Rules are posted at www.IndyRange.com: If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at:

www.IndyRange.com (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins")

If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rules, please feel free to email us. Please let us know if you are willing to help as an RO, or as a scorekeeper for the match. Volunteers are the lifeblood of our sport, and of our club. With our numbers continuing to grow, we ask that everyone does their part to help the match run as smoothly as possible. Please be ready when it is your turn to shoot, help reset the pins, and volunteer to keep score.

If you're new to competitive shooting, we encourage you to check out the following site. It shows upcoming shooting events for 3-gun, Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup), Bowling Pin Shooting, Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS), ICORE, IDPA, Multi-gun, Steel Challenge, and USPSA.

www.IndyGunRacers.com

See you at the Range!
    Chuck
    BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

"As to species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with a ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson 8 Papers of Thomas Jefferson 407 (J. Boyd ed., 1953)

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Revolver handicap....

Sweet! I'm glad to have you coming to our Bowling Pin Shooting match. I'm probably shooting revolver this time, so take it easy on me!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Warmer temperatures!

It looks like it should be 45 degrees tomorrow! I'd recommend you wear your waterproof shoes though; the turf can be a little soggy by the bowling pin tables. See you there!

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I'm sitting as well - despite the fact that I'm itching to try out my 686 (in minor, of course) I'm driving to Kentucky instead.

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    :rockwoot:As much as I would like to shoot Can't make it, tempting to shoot against chizzle with revolver. How about F N S too Chizzle? Two men enter one man leave. Gauntlet is thrown, winner buys chicken wings the next month. Don't worry I will take my optics off.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm up for the challenge, but I'm not sure if I have ammo for FNS. I've got a bunch of bowling pin loads, but that's about it. Let me see what I can come up with, and I'll bring it if I can find the ammo.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for coming out today!

Thanks to everybody for coming out today! The weather was pretty good, and we had good competition. I really appreciate that so many people were willing to help RO, keep score (thanks Chris W!!!) and set pins; it makes the match run so much more smoothly.

I also really appreciate that people took so much time to help the new folks today; it was really great to see people taking time to go over the basics of stance, grip, etc., with new folks to help them improve. Hopefully the word will spread that this is a fun, helpful competition, and we'll continue to grow!

See you all next month!
    Chuck

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the video Matt! It showed up fine in my window, but if anybody has trouble, they should be able to search for "Marion County Fish and Game Bowling Pin Shooting" on YouTube.com and they'll come up with the same thing.

I especially like that competition at the very end.... We both couldn't hit anything, I just lucked out :)

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Daturbokat you the 1 with the cam?......if so thats some fine shootin'!!!... what you shootin' a 45?

last time i shot pins was in the late 80's...used a S&W 686 6" 357M.....looked like a hellve good time!!!

Daturbokat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Clayton IN
    Yeah, six inch .45. Glock 21 frame with Lone Wolf slide and barrel, and Dawson/Heinie sights. The gun worked well as long as I did my job. Yesterday was my first time with the new setup. Come on out next time ghitch75. 4th Saturday of the month at Marion County Fish and Game (indyrange.com).

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Thanks for the Video Matt!!! Pins are fun I will be back but I really need some practice. I think I am going to try to steal some from the local bowling alley!

swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I have read the rules and have a couple of questions - how many rounds will you shoot for this outing, how long does this last and is it timed or how do you "win"? I am guessing the time depends on how many show up but any more detail would be appreciated. It sounds like a good time - not sure I could hit any of the pins:):

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I have read the rules and have a couple of questions - how many rounds will you shoot for this outing, how long does this last and is it timed or how do you "win"? I am guessing the time depends on how many show up but any more detail would be appreciated. It sounds like a good time - not sure I could hit any of the pins:):

My first time was Saturday but I will give you what I figured out. They rules on the website are a little hard to understand until you do it.

You are set up in brackets(like an NCAA tourney bracket) 16 people and you shoot against another person. There is 4 people shooting at a time. 1&2 against each other and 3&4 against each other. When the first person knocks all pins down you then its over, but only for the 2 people shooting against each other. If 1 beats 2 then 3&4 just keep shooting til one of them wins.

As far as round count it depends on how good you are.:D I shot 8 rds and knocked down 3 pins and I was happy! But I sucked. Some guys(matt and chuck) shot less then 8 rds and knocked down 5 pins. Like I said I sucked and I may have shot 100-150 rds total all day. Maybe less I didnt really check yet.

You get two chances to shoot per bracket and we shot 3 brackets Sat. I hope that helps.:ingo:

Top Bottom