• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    It sure does - thanks. So I have a 9mm, is there special ammo of would the 115 grain be fine? Also, how long did the competition take?

I used 115 gr factory winchester ammo. You would be better off with a .45 but If you have a 9mm use it. Using the 9mm your pins will be set 2feet off the back of the table instead of 3 feet.

As far as time I got there about 1240, shooting started shortly after 100 and i think it was about 3-330 when we got done but really you could leave when you wanted. I know one guy just shot one bracket and left.

It is a really good group of guys and they are very good to new guys. Nobody cares how bad you shoot. Most guys will help you anyway they can. I think you would have fun. But it is harder then it looks. But definitely fun and friendly atmosphere.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It sure does - thanks. So I have a 9mm, is there special ammo of would the 115 grain be fine? Also, how long did the competition take?

For 9mm shooters, the pins are placed closer to the back of the table than those who shoot 40, 44, 45, etc. 115s are fine if you can hit the pin square. 147s would be much better.

Bowling pin shooting is like drag racing - this is no replacement for displacement. ;)

trafalga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy
    I shoot the first round and then left...that is generally accepted. I really wasn't planning on shooting, but got to the range to late and really needed to test my extractor on my .40. Wound up shooting that and 9mm, didn't do very well with either.

Each Bracket takes about 45 minutes to an hour to shoot. The shoot generally last for number of people that show up and how long everybody wants to shoot.

Chizzle would have a better idea of how long he expects the whole match to last.

Hope that helps.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think I am off when the next pin shootout comes up and I may just have to go. It looks so fun. I am a beginner so i will have to bring 500 rounds and my cleaning kit but what the hey. working on getting some more Mags for my PT99 and I will be ready. Hope to see you guys. Jim

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Jim,
    You won't be the only "new guy" at the match; we usually have a few new guys at every Bowling Pin Shooting match. It's a great way to get into the shooting sports, as Bowling Pin Shooting matches tend to be pretty easy going, while still emphasizing the importance of safety, accuracy, and speed. If you show up early to the match, we'll even give you a free practice run (where you'd be shooting against other new people).
    We look forwardy to seeing you in February!
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The bowling pins sit about 25' from the firing line (depending on whether you're shooting "Major" or "Minor"), but they do seem smaller in the video!

Top Bottom