Bought my first 1911 on suggestion from INGO members (pic)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    picture.php

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    See, that's one of the things I like about my Sigs. Most come with nightsights installed, and you can pop your sight picture into shape in almost total darkness, not to mention quickly. That said, my old Springfield ultra compact only has windage adjustment, but I just can't talk myself into giving it up just yet.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    to answer the first question i payed 749.99 for it. as for the sights to be honest i am not absolutely thrilled with them. though i absolutely love the fact that i can adjust them, and yes i did have to adjust elevation upon first firing, the sights do not have dots for quick sight aquisition so i'll be changing them out for night sights (still adjustable). thanks for all the input guys..

Thanks for the response. I am new to 1911's and to night sights. I bought a new/used Kimber Stainless II with night sights. I absolutely love the night sights but was still curious how a newbie liked target sights. Good luck with your new purchase!

Congrats,

David

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Nice. I finally made the jump as well. I haven't got mine yet (still at the smith) but I am anxious to break it in. How does the Springer shoot? (sorry if I missed your post about that--I didn't see one)

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    this range officer shoots consistently. I've taken it out twice now without a single malfunction. I have big hands so I have to get some grip extensions but otherwise great gun to shoot.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I usually don't comment on these kinds of threads but that is a very nice 1911 for the price. Are these new or have I just been missing them? Very nice though!!

panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Can I ask where you picked up your RO? I called several gun stores around Indy and was told no one had any. I searched the Indy 1500 today and couldn't find one. I even asked gun dealers there. I was ready to drop down the $750 today if it was available.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    Can I ask where you picked up your RO? I called several gun stores around Indy and was told no one had any. I searched the Indy 1500 today and couldn't find one. I even asked gun dealers there. I was ready to drop down the $750 today if it was available.

21st century firearms in Bluffton had a Range Officer as of Friday anyways if you are up for a drive. Maybe it's at the 1500?

Top Bottom