• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    A while back I bought my first semi-auto, always was a revolver kind of guy. I went with the SW40VE which I didn't love and never shot and had second thaughts and sold it. Today I took a ride to Bass Pro Shops and was looking at the XDM-40 and was helped out by an (no other word comes to mind) awesome and knowlegable guy behind the counter. He swayed me away from the XDM-40 showed me a few different ones. After all that still couldn't decide, then he goes well this one over here is a bit more expensive but I think you'll like it. As soon as he put it in my hand; I was sold, I am a proud new owner of a Sig Sauer P226. All I have to do is "play" with it for a while to get more familiar with it before heading to a range. Just wanted to share, 'cause I am a bit excited.:):

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    LOL, I'm probably the only person left without a digital camera, unless you count the one on my cell phone, But I have the Internet access blocked. I may buy one just so I could post photos.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I fondled a 226 when I was looking for a 40 in November, but I went with the XDm for the capacity among other things. I hope to pick one up down the road because they feel so nice in my hand...:cool:

Bulgy74

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Congratulations! Nice pistol and I'm glad you found a knowledgeable salesperson behind the counter- although he could have just been trying to sell a more expensive gun, he DID sell a MUCH more impressive pistol. You ended up with 9mm? Another great choice!

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Congratulations! Nice pistol and I'm glad you found a knowledgeable salesperson behind the counter- although he could have just been trying to sell a more expensive gun, he DID sell a MUCH more impressive pistol. You ended up with 9mm? Another great choice!
    I understood it as the OP picked up the 226 in a 40... :dunno:

Bulgy74

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Oh I didn't think they made the 226 in .40 and 357SIG but I guess they do.

Maybe he'll spill the beans ;)

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    Congrats on the new gun! I think you made a great choice with the Sig. And you are not alone on the lack of a digital camera... been saying I'm gonna get one for 2 or 3 years now and always manage to get something else when I have some extra spending money.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN

I went with the 40. I wish i could remeber the guys name but I can't. He was great I'm guessing he spent about an hour and a half with me. He field stripped, let me feild strip...talked about clearing , filled me in on what to clean/ oil and what not. Actually he was showing cheaper guns first and they weren't really doing anything for me, thats when hes like lets look over here. Then I brought up the fact that I wanted a S&W 500 and he almost had me buying both...but I'll get the 500 next week. haha.

Django

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2009
    New Haven
    I am a proud new owner of a Sig Sauer P226.
    Hope you enjoy it.
    Everyone should have at least one sig ;)
    Congrats on the new gun! I think you made a great choice with the Sig. And you are not alone on the lack of a digital camera... been saying I'm gonna get one for 2 or 3 years now and always manage to get something else when I have some extra spending money.
    Couple hundred for a digicam or another gun/more ammo, firearms always seem to win hands down. :)

For ease of stripping, accuracy, and reliability I love the sig format.
    :horse:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Congrats on the new pistol

Why spend the money to take a picture of a gun you already have?
    Put that money towards your next gun purchase.:rockwoot:

Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    You can take the pic on your cell phone and send it as a picture message to your email. No internet access required. Just put your email address in like a phone number.

bcleven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Whiteland
    Very nice choice! Let us know how it does when you get to shoot it. Would love to see pics if you can figure out a way...

:cheers:

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    You can take the pic on your cell phone and send it as a picture message to your email. No internet access required. Just put your email address in like a phone number.

Crap, I never knew you could do that!

It works, I just hope I dont get charged for Internet access, I have unlimited messaging..

rrmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Avon
    I purchased a P229 in .40 several months ago. One of the best guns Ive bought. I just received a Browning Hi-Power in .40, another great gun

Top Bottom