• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I hate to be a stickler but TV shows and movies don't count as folklore...

True Blood is based on the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlene Harris. Blade is based on the Marvel comic book character. The Witcher is based on the various books by Andrzej Sapkowski.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    True Blood is based on the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlene Harris. Blade is based on the Marvel comic book character. The Witcher is based on the various books by Andrzej Sapkowski.

I think you have just sprayed this thread with your nerd musk.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I think you have just sprayed this thread with your nerd musk.

Geek, not nerd. I don't speak Klingon, Elvish, or Dwarfish. :) Besides, Geralt of Rivia is an awesome character. Just imagine Van Helsing in Game of Thrones.

And who do you want building your AK rifle? The geek/nerd that reads too much about weapons and monsters or some hairy fat dude playing with his hummer?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

A series of fiction books don't count as folklore either, even if they are marginally based on vague references to folklore. Just because someone mentions an elf or vampire in a book does not make it actual folklore.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    A series of fiction books don't count as folklore either, even if they are marginally based on vague references to folklore. Just because someone mentions an elf or vampire in a book does not make it actual folklore.
    QFT.

Werewolf and Vampire folklore goes back centuries, much further than comic books and Stephanie Meyer novels.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Does zombie ammo have to be silver too? I learn valuable info all the time on INGO. It's a shame I wasted all the money on college. Maybe not. Lots of booze and broads was fun.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Does zombie ammo have to be silver too? I learn valuable info all the time on INGO. It's a shame I wasted all the money on college. Maybe not. Lots of booze and broads was fun.
    Nah, you just have to make sure it's a head shot on a Zombie. Be sure to write this stuff down. Killing imaginary monsters is serious business.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Nah, you just have to make sure it's a head shot on a Zombie. Be sure to write this stuff down. Killing imaginary monsters is serious business.

I'm printing it out on paper. Most of my training is imaginary so I'm on track with the monster stuff. Zombies=head....Vampires=heart....werewolves=silver bullet in normal kill zone...Got it.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Which one can drink the most vodka and is named Ivan?

So your rifle will work as well as the Saiga shotgun known as a Drunk Ivan?

Werewolf and Vampire folklore goes back centuries, much further than comic books and Stephanie Meyer novels.

Elements of the vampire legend are centuries old, but the vampire creature is from Bram Stoker, who embellished the Easter European version of the myth. The vampiric legends in old Mesopotamia and Middle Ages were believed to be blood-sucking demons/Efreet or possessed humans (pagans if you were the Church). Diseases like rabies (light sensitivity) also contributed to the legend.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    So your rifle will work as well as the Saiga shotgun known as a Drunk Ivan?

Elements of the vampire legend are centuries old, but the vampire creature is from Bram Stoker, who embellished the Easter European version of the myth. The vampiric legends in old Mesopotamia and Middle Ages were believed to be blood-sucking demons/Efreet or possessed humans (pagans if you were the Church). Diseases like rabies (light sensitivity) also contributed to the legend.
    That doesn't answer my question though! Do they sparkle or not?!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Do we have hunting seasons on said creatures? I didn't see it on the DNR website. Copy and Paste please. I'll probably need Kirk to interpret as well.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Do we have hunting seasons on said creatures? I didn't see it on the DNR website. Copy and Paste please. I'll probably need Kirk to interpret as well.

First, I've had a great time on this thread. Now I want to rewatch "Monster Squad."

You might not find vampires on the DNR website, but you will find goblins (the Col. Jeff Cooper type) locally.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

But let's be clear- Bram Stoker is a reliable source.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom