• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Yes i said it...im bored with it. Ive put lots and lots of rounds down the chamber and now im ready to try something else. No i dont want to sell it. I do love this gun its a great shooter so i was thinking of modifying it somehow. Maybe cutting the barrel down to 16"? Putting an upward cant on the muzzle to help with recoil? Maybe a red dot?

Whats some weird stuff youve seen done to a Mosin? Im just looking to spice it up a bit.

Here it is..... Overall Length is 37"

Its nothing too fancy but i like it!

sfjbt3.jpg

2zdsrux.jpg

10hls42.jpg

2l9k2ud.jpg

Last edited:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    When I think I'm getting bored, my Mosin gives my shoulder a good kick and I remember again why I love the simplicity and reliability for a rifle I got for under $100.

Can't wait to see what you end up doing to yours though. For the money, it is a good start for a project rifle if you have the ability and ingenuity.

Post pics...

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    You need to Pm 2cool9031, If its been done to a Mosin Ithink he's either done or he probably thought about doing it to one

Im sure he'll chime in sometime soon so ill pm him then for sure. I dont think ive seen any of his stuff

SBR and/or suppressor?

Those are expensive. Im a broke college student

When I think I'm getting bored, my Mosin gives my shoulder a good kick and I remember again why I love the simplicity and reliability for a rifle I got for under $100.

Can't wait to see what you end up doing to yours though. For the money, it is a good start for a project rifle if you have the ability and ingenuity.

Post pics...

Oh ill definetly post pics for sure! Its gonna be this weeks project

I would turn your Mosin into a AK47. It really is magical once the transformation is made.

Is that even possible? :dunno: Im guess that was supposed to be in purple?

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Sir, I was not being sarcastic. I would turn your Mosin into a AK at the first opportunity.

Your happiness quotient would go up rapidly.

And how do i go about doing that?

Here is mine.
    IMAG0153.jpg

That is one interesting looking Mosin ill give you that

Not a big fan of scopes or putting a bent bolt into it. Not my cup of tea

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Maybe take the stock of, sand it down, and refinish it a different way. You could even change the shape of the stock some if you'd like. For example, I took the stock off my pellet rifle, refinished it, put finger grooves in in, and sanded the stock to make a different looking shape. I liked the way it turned out, and was a cheap project to make it look different.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here's a cool modifiaction, heat the barrel up and put a 90 degree curve on it so you can shoot around corners. The Germans tried this in the last days of WWII and the barrels lasted about 10 or 20 shots. Don't think any one has suggested that one yet! :laugh:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    "And how do i go about doing that? "

You could start with the INGO classifieds in the long guns section. Your ad would say something like; "WTT Mosin for an AK". Or something like that

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    "And how do i go about doing that? "

You could start with the INGO classifieds in the long guns section. Your ad would say something like; "WTT Mosin for an AK". Or something like that
    If someone is willing to trade an Ak for a mosin...please point me in their direction :D

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Maybe take the stock of, sand it down, and refinish it a different way. You could even change the shape of the stock some if you'd like. For example, I took the stock off my pellet rifle, refinished it, put finger grooves in in, and sanded the stock to make a different looking shape. I liked the way it turned out, and was a cheap project to make it look different.

Hmm i might look into that. Ill probably refininsh the stock for sure though

Here's a cool modifiaction, heat the barrel up and put a 90 degree curve on it so you can shoot around corners. The Germans tried this in the last days of WWII and the barrels lasted about 10 or 20 shots. Don't think any one has suggested that one yet! :laugh:

Yea...i will probably pass on that one because i like being able to shoot lol

Google Fu'ed Mosin conversion and found these three interesting...

imagesCAQQ3VKG.jpg

imagesCAP56DER.jpg

I believe this one is fake because it doesnt look like you can work the bolt at all....still interesting though
    MN_whitefront_op_554x233.jpg

The bottom one is pretty sweet.... Reminds me of Star Wars

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I did most of my machining at work...but now I have my own milling machine and will be getting a lathe pretty soon. Now all I need is some new ideas. Yep, I got bored with the Mosins too, so I figured I would change them. This is 5 of 10 I have done....from wild to mild.

picture.php

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Google Fu'ed Mosin conversion and found these three interesting...

imagesCAQQ3VKG.jpg

imagesCAP56DER.jpg

I believe this one is fake because it doesnt look like you can work the bolt at all....still interesting though
    MN_whitefront_op_554x233.jpg

Last one is real. I believe the part above the bolt is a cover that flips open so you can work it. This is their website.
    Home

Top Bottom