• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If infidelity is to become a dis-qualifier for police work we're about to have a drastic shortage of cops in this country.

To tread lightly on this... I'd just as soon that the folks tasked with maintaining law and order be "above reproach" kind of folks. But that's me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If infidelity is to become a dis-qualifier for police work we're about to have a drastic shortage of cops in this country.

I'm a Sherriff Campbell fan, but infidelity is a problem for any elected administrative official. It brands them as dishonest which brings question of what job related honesty problems there could be.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    To tread lightly on this... I'd just as soon that the folks tasked with maintaining law and order be "above reproach" kind of folks. But that's me.

Sure. I'd like all cops, elected officials, priests and doctors to be more honorable than Abe Lincoln and George Washington combined. Unfortunately they're all made of meat and that ain't gonna happen on this planet. Stepping down was the right thing to do and he's obviously taking ownership of it but to believe that he is in the minority of elected officials in this country is naive.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

i see a difference between a tryst w/the cashier at village pantry and a patrolman to be markedly different from an elected sheriff knowingly engaging in that type of behavior with a "working girl".

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Was he aware of her activities? Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't, I don't know. I was told there was another article posted stating she made $200/hr doing what many here (and elsewhere) feel should be perfectly legal. That tells me she more than likely wasn't a strung out crack whore and perhaps he feels the same as many others do about prostitution (assuming he was aware).

I have no problems agreeing with those who say he should no longer be Sheriff. What I'm not prepared to do is condemn the man for life.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And dont forget you can be a good X but a lousy Y. We arent all encompassing in our existence.

I've known some good people that just arent very good at stuff beyond existing and being a good, upstanding, honest citizen. I've also known of some serious wastes of skin that were VERY talented in their profession (Michael Vick, for example).

So this officer can be one of the best instructors, top defender of the 2a, and an excellent LEO, all while being a bad husband, father, etc.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Robots are the answer. Because if we continue to employ humans, they will fail.

robocop_poster_p_2013.jpg

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I am grateful to Ken Campbell for his support of the 2nd Amendment, and for the quality firearms training he believed was his DUTY to make available to the eople. And personally I like Ken Campbell, the man.

Having said that, I received yesterday's news first with disbelief, then with abject disappointment. I believe he has at least done the honorable thing of relinquishing his position of trust, rather than deny, blame a "conspiracy", and argue over "what the meaning of the word is is". May he get his personal life in order, and begin to undo the harm he has done to his family and friends.

I support Mike Nielsen as sheriff, and hope he continues with the good things that Ken Campbell did at the BCSO.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I've always considered Ken a friend, mentor and role model. I'm saddened by this, but I have no reason to change my views towards him.

The last time I spoke with Ken, he said the new sheriff will continue to bring open training to Boone County.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    What goes around comes around. KC made his bed let him lay in it.

In my interactions with Mike Nielsen I believe him to be a decent and honest guy.

Some City officials and connected citizens tried to get a business I had shut down. He came and spoke to me about it, telling me he asked them what ordinances or law I was breaking. They had no answer for his questions.

I believe this is his first step in cleaning Boone County up!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    local officials

"lets see if i have this corrrect.......sherif who has prostitue as mistress......fire departmant who fire chief and make new postion as fire marshal.......city zoning building imspector who gets busted for dui and pot in his car and they hire him a driver so he ca proform his duties......wth is next? "

HD: If ya'll only knew what goes on in Boone County, Indianeer!!!! LOL

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    It hurt my brain to try to read this....glop...

local officials

"lets see if i have this corrrect.......sherif who has prostitue as mistress......fire departmant who fire chief and make new postion as fire marshal.......city zoning building imspector who gets busted for dui and pot in his car and they hire him a driver so he ca proform his duties......wth is next? "

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    local officials

You forgot to add...poster who has a personal problem with the subject of the discussion, and cannot make a rational statement about perceived corruption.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "It hurt my brain to try to read this....glop..."

'
    You forgot to add...poster who has a personal problem with the subject of the discussion, and cannot make a rational statement about perceived corruption. '

EVERY forum has a Harley Rider.

Everything the poster has tried to convey HAS happened . Nothing is "perceived".

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Not sure what the Harley rider comment means, but if you're going to go off on a tear, at least use spell check, and construct a sentence so it is readable.

Top Bottom