• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    You know... as unfortunate as this is, and as GREAT of a guy as he is... just goes to show great people make mistakes.

I take away no credibility or respect to him for what he's done in the community as well as for 2A supporters... but it is definitely very disheartening news.

Best of luck to his family.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well, ya own what ya do, and Ken Campbell IS doing that. Respect to him for that.

Now, how about Obama, Holder, Reid, etc., etc., etc. doing the SAME?
    As far as the owning what he did part. He didn't have a choice. Sure he could have chose not to resign, but he got caught red handed. It's not like one day the guilt I his heart made him call a press conference and confess his personal sins. Let's all be clear and honest here.
    i won't comment on my beliefs and such on personal matters regarding the oath of marriage. It's his business. As far as prostitution, I think it should be legal.
    I just hope Ken Cambell keeps helping people and advances our cause and advocates for us with the Leo community. My thoughts go out to his family for such a public embarrassment and betrayal. We are all sinners and if he truly asks to be forgiven I think he should be.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I have posted on INGO how Ken Campbell was a total unprofessional jerk . How he caused a public scene at a local school accusing my wife of illegal activites when in FACT she had done nothing illegal much less wrong.

To me this is just more of the same .

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The article(s) claim his involvement with a prostitute and Ken himself says he believes he has done nothing illegal. Being a career LEO I'm going to guess he knows that prostitution is illegal. Taking those two into consideration it doesn't sound to me like he was paying for sex. He's smart enough to know that if this was an FBI investigation and he was breaking the law it would come to light and it would not help his cause to lie about paying for sex.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Yea, he did not pay a know prostitute for sex. (chuckle)

Wonder if he charged her for follow up training classes?
    Bartering is legal , right?

Can't wait for the using his gun for free jokes.......

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I'll wait for the details to come out before passing judgment. He might have stepped down because he was cheating on his wife and it came out and he felt it was the right thing to do, and perhaps he's not violated any law. Or perhaps criminal charges will be brought forth, and perhaps he has broken the law. Who knows.

All I know is that his training classes were top notch, and he always came off as a professional and advocate for the Second Amendment.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I would like to qualify my statement for those who disagree. I am angry about this because I have met Ken and had time to talk to him about various subjects, numerous times. I prefer not to throw him under the bus because, although we are not friends or buddies, I like the man and believe this could have been handled differently, especially since it wasn't an offense that hurt his department in any way. This is my feeling based on emotion; however I get the point that people who are non-law enforcement are arrested for the same offense and the standard should be the same. In this case, I don't think he was arrested (was he?), but given the opportunity (deal) to step down. I'm not a fan of political comparisons, but at least he owned up to it and understood what "is" is.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I've locked up more than a couple of married prostitutes, I'm guessing their husbands or boyfriends didn't drop them a $20 spot after sex. I get it, you don't like the man and you're free to make whatever assumptions you want. Just don't forget that everyone else is free to judge you just as easily. For me personally, I'd have to categorize anyone who doesn't like him right along side anyone who doesn't like dogs.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Misconduct with a prostitute, so instead of trading sex for let's say, dinner, gifts, movie, trips, they just decided to do a cash transaction and it's illegal.

Per the woman in question no money changed hands. She supposedly talked to the Indy star. They mention it in the video but not in the text.
    Boone County sheriff retiring amid prostitution allegation | WISH-TV

This thread is hilarious. I mean, he is such a good guy! Multiple counties, drug task force, the FBI...such a good guy.

Certain allegations have recently arisen in regards to my conduct. While I believe I have committed no illegal acts, I must apologize for serious errors of judgment in my personal life.

So...serious errors in judgement. Remember that one the next time you shack up with a crack-whore, folks.

I also realize that some might believe that all my previous words about honor, duty and responsibility now seem hypocritical.

You think so? Is your wife still buying that while pictures of you sticking it to a crack-whore run through her head?

I will also work to again be worthy of the trust that so many placed in me over the years.

How cute. He just needs a second chance. What does Shari have to say?

Considering that her normal rate is $200 an hour I kinda doubt she is a crack whore. And how is it any worse than any case of infidelity? It was a consensual not a professional relationship.

He sure isn't the first to succumb to this temptation and I won't be one who disregards the good he's done on account of something which (apparently) isn't illegal and took place behind closed doors. If info comes to light painting him as a criminal that would change things but I suspect that won't happen.

I agree.

the same thing is going on here at this very moment?....waiting to hear someone call on his pension to be forfeited

Why should his pension be forfeited? From my understanding no laws were broken.

I have posted on INGO how Ken Campbell was a total unprofessional jerk . How he caused a public scene at a local school accusing my wife of illegal activites when in FACT she had done nothing illegal much less wrong.

I haven't seen that. Do you have a link?

The article(s) claim his involvement with a prostitute and Ken himself says he believes he has done nothing illegal. Being a career LEO I'm going to guess he knows that prostitution is illegal. Taking those two into consideration it doesn't sound to me like he was paying for sex. He's smart enough to know that if this was an FBI investigation and he was breaking the law it would come to light and it would not help his cause to lie about paying for sex.

Per the lady it was consensual not professional, no money changed hands.

Per the lady in question, he didn't. And since he states he didn't do anything illegal, and since pretty much everyone knows that prostitution is illegal. He is saying the same thing.

This is my feeling based on emotion; however I get the point that people who are non-law enforcement are arrested for the same offense and the standard should be the same. In this case, I don't think he was arrested (was he?), but given the opportunity (deal) to step down. I'm not a fan of political comparisons, but at least he owned up to it and understood what "is" is.

He says he didn't do anything illegal, the woman says that it was a consensual relation and no money changed hands. I don't think he cut a deal, just decided that stepping down would be the best choice. How many people are arrested for adultery in this state?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    The part that I found interesting about the very abbreviated TV news story that I saw was the statement that the investigation of Sheriff Campbell had been ongoing for "three to four years." As a disclaimer I am not a lawyer, a police officer, nor have I even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express but why would an investigation take that long ?

Seems like an awfully long time, especially for an agency like the FBI with their top notch capabilities, to determine if there is any wrong doing. Also, it seems curious to me that apparently no charges have been filed (?). At this point, if I understand it correctly, "someone" uncovered Sheriff Campbell's alledged wrongdoing, brought it to public light, and he has made a personal decision to resign.

There seems to be quite a bit of information surrounding this issue that hasn't been brought out. I, for one, am curious to see what informaiton will follow in the days to come. I am also amazed at the speculation that is ongoing on this thread. Lots of conjecture without fact. Not surprising but also disappointing.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I havent really been following this, but it sounds like she got caught up in an FBI probe, and it came to light they are in a personal relationship thanks to the feds keeping an eye on her... Whoops! So now we only have to worry about infidelity and adultery, not prostitution. Not that it makes it much better, but now we are down to ethical questions, not legal ones.

And as to "cheating on your kids" as questioned earlier, You can. While the term isnt quite appropriate, what was intended I think is that he violated trust between parent and child. Kids expected dad to love mom, protect her, and respect her. By his infidelity he broke that trust with his kids.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    I agree he is/was a great man. I was at one of his training classes and it was the best thing I ever did to learn how to handle a side arm. It's to bad his personal life has caused him to step down!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I wonder how he figured out / found out that she was/is a hooker? Does the shooting academy Google folks? Or at least do a search for arrest records before allowing them to train?

Female registers for a class - trainer/host do a b/g search and determine that she's been arrested for such behavior in the recent past... Be overly friendly/helpful to her during class and develop a rapport...

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    And for what its worth I will support a man who is simply looking to get laid compared to a purposely corrupt sack of stuff. Slick willy was a joke and in the after action report mostly harmless other than exposing the world to log legs. Tell ya what every man who condemns this man without fessing up to owning a playboy, jerkin the gerkin to your sisters friend or in some cases brother take a step forward and raise your right hand which Im SURE will be calloused.
    He may not be spotless but would you like to see him respond to a emergency at your place or the pope wanna be's here? Was he banging a married woman? A fellow LEO's wife? If its a simple transaction who cares? I bet there is a new guy in the wings and HE wont be the guy who supports the 2A like this.
    How many of you self righteous "pucks" would like to have your REAL dark secrets exposed? Self righteous pukes like you make me want to vomit.

so you would rather us overlook ethical lapses because he shares favorable views of the 2nd amendment?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Because that is the standard INGO response, regardless if an LEO has been convicted of an offense.

Not generally. The usual response is that should be stripped of their pension if they are convicted and sometimes opinions that they should be charged and/or convicted. Especially in regards to misuse of authority. I see no evidence of that in any of the news stories. Do you have any info regarding that?

so you would rather us overlook ethical lapses because he shares favorable views of the 2nd amendment?

Have you ever had any ethical lapses? While I have never had an affair outside of marriage, I'm no saint. And there is also a difference between an ethical lapse in his private life and one regarding his office.

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    My personal opinion is that it was a case of extortion. I could be completely off base, but here's the scenario I see coming to light. Extramarital affair turns into "give me (insert money, gifts, etc here) or I am going to tell your (wife, boss, media, etc.)" When said exchange didn't happen badda bing, "this has been happening for three to four years...."

I personally don't find the correlation between a persons personal life and professional life, as long as one doesn't interfere with the other. If I worked at Taco Bell and I had an affair on my wife, would that cause me to lose my job? No. Now, if I was having an affair on my wife on the case of cinnamon twists in the back, well...then maybe there is just cause. Just because he's in the public safety position, he has no personal life? Now...I'm not condoning his actions, nor condemning them. I'm just saying personal is personal, and professional is professional.

Flame suit has been donned.

Top Bottom