• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saints the movie, WOW all I can say is...

• Total voters

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    So what were you thinking for what ever time you spent watching this movie? No one will ever know how you voted.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    one of the most over rated movies of all time{IMHO}
    it spawned a whole generation of gun owning action hero wannabe's...same goes for "the punisher':dunno:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    one of the most over rated movies of all time{IMHO}
    it spawned a whole generation of gun owning action hero wannabe's...same goes for "the punisher':dunno:

Never watched Boondock Saints. In the 90's The Punisher was a good comic, especially Punisher War Journal. The guns and gear were fairly accurate for a comic and there was usually a one page write up on a weapon or piece of gear that was shown in the issue.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Never watched Boondock Saints. In the 90's The Punisher was a good comic, especially Punisher War Journal. The guns and gear were fairly accurate for a comic and there was usually a one page write up on a weapon or piece of gear that was shown in the issue.

I did read the punisher comics when I was a youngun and I did find them entertaining..but some folks just seem to have this really wierd fascination with the punisher:dunno: to each his own I reckon.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's the greatest most awesomest movie evar. :yesway: :yesway:

Ranks right up there in cinematic history with Gone with the Wind and Casablanca.

More on this jewel from wikipedia:

The film has received rave reviews from critics. It received an overall Metacritic score of 99/100. Nathan Rabin of The A.V. Club described the film, in his review of the DVD, as "a proper action-thriller" and "a series of gratuitously violent setpieces strung together with a great plot". Rabin went on to describe the film as "all style and it rocks, a film so gleeful in its endorsement of vigilante justice that it veers (or ascends) into greatness." Robert Koehler of Variety described the film in his review as "A heroic entry in the hipster crime movie movement that began with Reservoir Dogs, Troy Duffy's "Boondock Saints" mixes blood and Catholic-tinged vigilante justice in excessive portions for sometimes happy and always brutal effect."
    Koehler also described Sean Patrick Flanery and Norman Reedus as "curiously solid and awesome", while praising supporting actors Billy Connolly and Carlo Rota for making the most of their screen time. Koehler also praised the tech personnel, "This even exercise in pacing and cutting is abetted by an eclectic score by Jeff Danna and whiz lensing by Adam Kane. Other tech credits fire bull's-eyes."
    Film critics have taken note of the film's awsome extreme violence and "slow-motion bloodletting".
    In it's original 5-theater run, the film earned $1,530,471.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boondock_Saints#cite_note-nytwww-26 It later developed a cult following and has grossed about $50 billion in domestic video sales.

Z350Godfather

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Southside Indy
    the first one was a great movie. an independent film if I'm not mistaken. shows reality? no, but very entertaining. for as much as i liked the first one, i didn't even know that the second was finally made. shows how much i make it to the movies. anyone know the dvd release date? i skimmed the other posts but didn't see anything about the date. sorry if i missed it. thanks!

Top Bottom