• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saints the movie, WOW all I can say is...

• Total voters

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have started carrying a length of rope in the truck as a result of the first movie. I have not seen the second one yet.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I'm assuming that you're talking about the first movie, and yeah, it was all kinds of awesome. I haven't seen the second one yet, but I intend to and hope its at least CLOSE to as good as the first.

"I can't believe that just HAPPENED!"

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think the obsession people have with this movie, as well "The Punisher," is the idea that someone is righting the wrongs. Evil people are getting away with terrible things but then someone stands up and fights back and makes them pay for what they've done. It's sort of like the old Clint Eastwood westerns. Sure they are out exacting their own brand of vengeance and taking the law into their own hands, but the bad guys are being held accountable for their actions. People feel helpless in the face of evil and want to see someone fighting back.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    It is one of my favorite movies. They use the F-word 246 times! So, us college kids have made a drinking game out of it, very very difficult to make it through the movie.

The second movie was released in limited theaters, but the closet one was Chicago, I cannot wait till it is on DVD.

So make like a tree....and get the f out!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Have always wanted to see the movie. Just ordered the DVD on Ebay. Have heard a lot about it and decided it is time to see what all the fuss was about. I like quirky movies along the lines of "The Professional".

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    It's my second favorite movie of all time. I thought the sequel was almost as good as the first. The girl (Dexter's Girlfriend...not sure of real name) did a great job hitting on the goofyness that Smecker (Willem Dafoe) brought to the first one. I thought it was fantastic. People who think it spawned a revolution in gun toting wannabes...get real. Stop blaming violent movies and violent video games for everything. It was a movie. I loved the way it gets people thinking about right and wrong.

First favorite is V for Vendetta...

To the post above...I enjoyed "The Professional" as well!

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have started carrying a length of rope in the truck as a result of the first movie. I have not seen the second one yet.

You and your effin' rope, would do you think you are, Charlie Bronson?

eta: Most people who don't like BDS, usually don't have a sense of humor either. I haven't seen the second one yet, but will when it becomes available.

Dennis0130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Goshen, IN
    I ended up seein the second one on a first choice fall through at the theater. I wasn't dissapointed at all. Still haven't seen the first yet tho.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It's official. I now hate this thread almost as the movie.

It was stupid. The plot was stupid. The acting was bad. The dialogue is stupid every time they use the f word ten brain cells die.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom