• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I've got no problem with how they did him in. He declared war, they responded in a way that kept them safe. For goodness sake, they had almost a dozen of their officers killed or wounded in the hours before. Cops must have the equipment to deal with the potential threat. I've no issue with that. It is how and where they use that equipment that should be kept under watch. If they abuse it, take it away. I don't view what they did with that as abuse. I think it was a smart way to take this guy down in a terrible situation that had already claimed innocent lives.

I think it would be morally wrong to ask our police to protect and serve without the proper equipment, as long as it is not abused.

Just my humble opinion.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So, we're supposed to fight another peaceful war with rules?
    I am NOT in favor of sitting in a candle light vigil singing Kum-ba-la and wishing for the best under a rainbow on the back of a unicorn while smokin' a joint.
    IF you come after me I will show no mercy and give no quarter. You opened the can of worms so you'll see how it tastes. Screw that shooter or anyone that goes after an innocent person.
    These Dallas cops aren't the ones that did shootings in LA or MN.
    Do we have guilty cops? Maybe? probably? I don't know. I don't trust video I do know that. Even on NFL instant replay it sometimes takes 5 angles to see the details.
    IF it took an explosive device to take down this azzwipe then so be it.

Who exactly do you think you're addressing here?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, we're supposed to fight another peaceful war with rules?
    Actually, yeah, sorta. As a free society, we've adopted certain rules for everyone's benefit.

Fighting crime, and even fighting criminals - like REALLY fighting directly with them - involves rules. In this case, the rules allow deadly force. Doesn't matter the mechanism that releases the force causing death. Could be jackboots or sidewinders. If deadly force is allowed, then it's allowed.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Looked a little like combat from my perspective. You know, people shooting at each other, snipers, people running and ducking for cover, five good guys dead on the ground. You know, the really complex stuff to figure out.

Oh it looked lIke combat, you said Afghanistan.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    as long as it is not abused.

That's great. You going to keep track of that? Make sure it doesn't happen again? Using something like this "rarely" or "every now and then" doesn't make it less of a concern...

I'm glad they stopped the guy without any more officers being hurt. That's excellent, that's the number one priority.

Blowing him up, though, is a new territory that maybe needs some level-headed discussion. I can already see one side of this isn't going to be able to discuss it neutrally.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    IF this ******* goes after your family let's see how civil you will be about it.
    I don't like any of it. It's awful it has to come to this.
    Still, this guy was deserving of anything he received.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    And there's quite a large difference between the utilization of explosive material to breach and/or neutralize other bombs and utilization of explosive material to kill people. Again, police should not be authorized to utilize tactics such as these. You are not the military.
    This may come as a total shock to some of you but police departments have had access to explosives for decades. They typically serve two purposes, explosive breaching (like in Orlando) and bomb detonation. In spite of the fact this crap has been around for decades the police have somehow managed to not start building bombs and blowing **** up on a regular basis. Seems to have been reserved for special occasions, like 5 cops getting murdered at one "peaceful" protest.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    That's great. You going to keep track of that? Make sure it doesn't happen again? Using something like this "rarely" or "every now and then" doesn't make it less of a concern...

I'm glad they stopped the guy without any more officers being hurt. That's excellent, that's the number one priority.

Blowing him up, though, is a new territory that maybe needs some level-headed discussion. I can already see one side of this isn't going to be able to discuss it neutrally.

So you are advocating doing as the liberals want to do, and disarm them in the first place so they can't abuse it? Sounds like the same idea as gun control, to me, if I understand you correctly.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeahn it is odd that I am being called divisive and have yet to see that label put on anyone else.

Welcome to INGO. We have a whole other thread on the shooting itself, full of dividing. We've blamed entire groups, races, and classes of people on the shooting in Dallas. Lot of dividing going on.

However, you're speaking to us ("them") non-LEOs as though we're idiots, condescendingly.

I've gathered you're LEO (context clues, others calling you one)... and I understand your drive to side with the LEOs and their choices. Us normal plebs, though... have reasonable concerns about the use of robots to explode people, however.

If you can take the badge off for a minute and discuss with us, rather than condescend to us... maybe we'll all understand a bit better.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And there's quite a large difference between the utilization of explosive material to breach and/or neutralize other bombs and utilization of explosive material to kill people. Again, police should not be authorized to utilize tactics such as these. You are not the military.

What are your training qualifications for police and how long have you been instructing/training them on threat mitigation and how to handle situations like these?

If you have no experience in this realm and no qualifications, I recommend you let those who do actually inform you of how things work.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So you are advocating doing as the liberals want to do, and disarm them in the first place so they can't abuse it? Sounds like the same idea as gun control, to me, if I understand you correctly.

You'll have to point out any part of what I said where I implied something so nonsensical.

Blowing people up as a police officer is something new. It should be discussed.

"Who cares if the police officer used a guided missile to stop the suspect, at least the suspect died!"

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I think we all agree that he deserved what he got. What I don't agree with is police acting like they're the military and blowing people up.
    IF this ******* goes after your family let's see how civil you will be about it. I don't like any of it. It's awful it has to come to this. Still, this guy was deserving of anything he received.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Sad state of affairs when normally reasonable people react like we are seeing here.

The explosive use is cause for concern, but I see no issue with it in this specific situation.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Oh, my bad.....I'll just refer to the cops and let them tell me how it should be.
    What are your training qualifications for police and how long have you been instructing/training them on threat mitigation and how to handle situations like these? If you have no experience in this realm and no qualifications, I recommend you let those who do actually inform you of how things work.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    No concern for killing, just what is used to do the killing. "Would it make you feel any better little girl if they was pushed outta windows?"

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I think we all agree that he deserved what he got. What I don't agree with is police acting like they're the military and blowing people up.

I don't like it either. How long had they tried to get to him? This shooter wasn't going to stop until taken out. Wouldn't it have been nice to just put a single bullet to his noggin to be proper.
    Talk about distinction without difference.
    Just my viewpoint and not trying to be argumentative.

Top Bottom