• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I have not read through this entire thread, and don't intend to, so perhaps the info I received has already been posted. If so it's now posted again.

Had breakfast with the guy who maintains IMPD's robots. What he got was that the Dallas robot was not intended to detonate the bad guy's bomb. The intent was to simply breach the door in order to gain access to the area he was in. Of course, it makes sense to be sure to use "enough" as opposed to "not enough" explosive to do the job. They had been in communication with the cop killer but when he broke off the comms, they decided to make a move. The breaching charge was clearly enough and, fortunately or unfortunately depending upon your point of view, it detonated the bad guy's bomb. And, by the way, the IMPD guy has met the robot operator in question at some EOD seminars. He's ATF.

If the situation was as you explain it here, it puts a completely different spin on the topic. I can understand using explosives to breach a door.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Holy dog nuts, that wasn't a claymore then.

Dunno if its been reported or not yet, but FNC was just interviewing a (maybe former?) Dallas bomb squad officer with some specifics.

Bomb detonated 2 feet from the terrorist. Cannot do toxicology as there is not enough remains to do it on.

"Think you used enough dynamite, Butch?"
    ;)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    And after detonation, the bomb tech was seen doing this...

[video=youtube_share;uIVGXktag-I]http://youtu.be/uIVGXktag-I[/video]

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The Dallas PD's use of explosives in this manner does not bother me at all in this particular set of circumstances. It is 100% obvious that the terrorist intended to die that night so why in the hell should the SWAT team and other LEO's risk their lives at that point trying to storm the building anyways especially considering he did not have any hostages so only the shooter would be killed in the blast.

Honestly I applaud the DPD's ingenuity in this circumstance and their refusal to put more officers lives on the line to kill that guy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm all good with DPD's way of terminating the scumbag killer. And I hope the POS didn't die instantly, although he probably did. Now he can rot in hell. Forever.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Please peruse the photos in this link: GRAPHIC New Photos Of Dead Dallas Shooter And His Gun Surface | The Federalist Papers

If they are genuine, they clearly show the guy was not killed by an explosive. He was killed by whatever was between him and the explosive.

Thank you for one bit of info. I hadn't been relentlessly trying, but I had not seen any mention of the weapon used by the shooter

Just yesterday I bet my wife that his weapon didn't fit the current narrative, and if it had been an AR pattern rifle we would have been hearing about it nonstop. Believe I win that bet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Please peruse the photos in this link: GRAPHIC New Photos Of Dead Dallas Shooter And His Gun Surface | The Federalist Papers

If they are genuine, they clearly show the guy was not killed by an explosive. He was killed by whatever was between him and the explosive.

AH ha..... He does look good considering the Chief announced him as "blown up". My whole question was predicated on the Chief stating that he had been targeted with a bomb. "Fatally injured by a breaching action" would have been the words to use if you weren't announcing to the world that the police will now bomb you. I would have said and thought nothing if it had not been reported as an intentional bomb killing. I apparently am still uncomfortable with intentionally bombing people despite some very compelling arguments by Blue eyes and Plydog among others

Frank, If you had led with this you would have won the day better than the slightly amusing "Boo ****ing Hoo" This picture is indeed helpful. The guy in the picture obviously has not been "blown up". Dead yes, but not intentionally blown up. In my feeble mind there is a moral difference despite identical outcomes.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    It seems that Dallas Police "neutralized" Their shooter suspect by blowing him up..... Yes, with a bomb. Not a flash-bang, not a concussion grenade. Not even the kind with the little rubber balls. It was reported as being a genuine bomb.

Am I the only one here who is uncomfortable with this? Considering the current political climate police have created by seemingly at least the flagrant and unpredictable use of handguns, are we really OK with their adding bombs to their box of tricks?

Let's take the latest shooting in Minnesota as an example. We have no idea as of yet why the Officer shot Mr. Castile. what we do know for certain is that the officer fired four times into a car with a non-combatant woman in the seat beside Mr. Castile and a young girl in the seat behind him. I am just glad that the Officer didn't have hand-grenades.

Yes I recognize How silly that sounds. Forty years ago it would have sounded silly that a local Police dept. would have tanks and machine guns. Today those things are common. Now, July 2016 the Dallas police apprehended a suspect with a bomb. Of course there's no potential for abuse there.

Yes, a threat to the public and all. But bombs? Is that the answer?

Not to mention that was a clear violation of Asimov's Three Rules of Robotics.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Next time a PD has to do a job like this I think they should sell advertising. Put a vest with the paid logos on it, film and broadcast live.
    We could even send in ideas of how to dispose of the criminal/nutjob/pukes.
    I'd personally like to see Johnny 5 beat a perp to death with a chinese WalMart 4 slice toaster. I'd pay to watch that ****.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Next time a PD has to do a job like this I think they should sell advertising. Put a vest with the paid logos on it, film and broadcast live.
    I'd personally like to see Johnny 5 beat a perp to death with a chinese WalMart 4 slice toaster. I'd pay to watch that ****.

Pay-per-view..... Genius

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I was kind of liking the idea of police RPGs

Top Bottom