• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    ESCALATION OF LETHALITY!!!!!

Brought on by the alleged Murderer, not the police. Murderer placed himself in he world by which he died.

He shot people. He threatened to use explosives. He was a danger to the community. Send in Robbie the Robot wrapped in detcord.

Incorrect times to use robobomb:

►Billy Bob driving HTV. Police use robobomb to stop him.

►Seth and Jared smoking pot in their dorm room. Purdue cops send in robobomb.

►Brandean shoplifts from Kohl's. Lafayette cops use robobomb against her mini-van.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    apripoko1.jpg

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Count me in the "Boofrickin' hoo" camp.

. . .

I don't care if the cops have machine guns and bombs and even MRAPs; the answer is to require them to develop constitutionally and statutorily grounded protocols for their use, train them, give them oversight, and jail the ones that can't or won't obey (which will also help eliminate podunk PDs from amassing stuff they don't really know how to use or need) . That of course means expending some money to train them and probably hire a better caliber of cop, but when there's money to be spent on stadiums and "mass transit light rail" and so forth, hey! cut out that extra training and get out there to direct traffic.

The DPD did good.

I think this clearly identifies where the emphasis should lie; it is not the machinery or equipment that should be the focus. The emphasis should be on ensuring the police who use it utilize it properly, and in conformance with the rules that the Constitution and we, the citizens, enact as laws.

In a republican form of government, the police are members of the citizenry granted additional responsibility and authority. They are the keepers of order, operating on our behalf. It is when government loses sight of its mission and limits, problems arise.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    If local PDs were issuing/stocking anti-personnel explosives devices, it would give me concern. A PD using its EOD stocks to neutralize a guy who has already caused casualties doesn't bother me in the slightest. I am glad they thought of it, glad they did it, and would encourage them to do it again under the circumstances.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    I am in the no need to blow perps up camp. They said that he acted alone but we will never know now that we blew his ass up. How do we know that there were not people who got a way to say St. Louis or Georgia?

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    My only issue is we are not allowed to have them. I want what ever the government has. Short of Nukes and such. But everything else should be fair game for Americans according to the 2nd.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    My only issue is we are not allowed to have them. I want what ever the government has. Short of Nukes and such. But everything else should be fair game for Americans according to the 2nd.

You can get them. The means to get licensed for explosives has already been posted in this thread.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Boo ****ing hoo. I bet you don't have a problem with the cops being murdered with a rifle.

I'm sorry but this is simply stupid.

My concern is that we constantly spout about constitutional rights aND how we need to protect those. As much as I agree this guy desered to die, he also has rights, as much as we don't like it. The Police Chief made himself judge jury and excutioner by ordering that. Of course no one on the force is going to question him, they just suffered 11 casualties. He was barricaded, he was surrounded. I have waited longer on SWAT standbys for warrants. We can't accept that it is now okay for the police to blow people up cause they are emotional. Sure, they may never use this tactic again. But what if they do, and what if next time the person isn't alone, but has an unknown hostage.
    We already have no knock raids, and we have pretty kuch agreed that they are a huge mistake. How about a no knock raid with a robot carrying some "extra supplies" EOD has laying around....sounds gun.

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Have they said anything definitive about the two people stopped in the black Mercedes? It looks like the narrative is coalescing into one shooter, acting alone.

To be honest, without seeing where he as supposedly shooting from and where the victims were, I can believe that it might have been one shooter acting alone. In a built up area like that with all the echoes and presumably officers firing back, I can see how you could mistake the number of attackers. One shooter picking up 15-16 victims is believable considering he had an autoloading rifle.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Have they said anything definitive about the two people stopped in the black Mercedes? It looks like the narrative is coalescing into one shooter, acting alone.

To be honest, without seeing where he as supposedly shooting from and where the victims were, I can believe that it might have been one shooter acting alone. In a built up area like that with all the echoes and presumably officers firing back, I can see how you could mistake the number of attackers. One shooter picking up 15-16 victims is believable considering he had an autoloading rifle.

Blurb at 5 said they are still connected, they are just trying to see HOW connected. It was strongly implied they at LEAST had prior knowledge. How much assistance he was given is still being determined. From the sound of it the assistance was somewhere between not calling their equivalent to crimestoppers to dropping his a** off at the garage.

In regards to the tactic, personally, Under the circumstances I'm in this camp:
    Angry-Cat-Good-Meme-05.jpg

So long as they were disabling the IED he was thought to be wearing/holding with the charge, the collateral damage is acceptable.

But I do understand the fear of this tactic creeping into other situations.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Oh yeah, in regards to the tactic, **** that guy.

I still figure the cops using a bomb had something to do with danger of the shooter being rigged with explosives and defeating those explosives. Even if that had no part in the decision, once you have committed to kill the guy, better to stick a bomb on a robot than get another officer shot dicking around with him.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Reasonable force including deadly force...

Considering he shot 12 people, killing 5, claimed to want to kill more, also claiming to have bomb and refusing to surrender... don't risk more lives, do whatever is necessary... The idea of using a remote control bomb was ingenious and in reasonable proportion to the level of force the suspect was threatening to use.

Last edited:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    This happened in my city, I watched live streams from my friends downtown, I am completely fine with the police's use of Walle to smoke that motherf*cker.

Top Bottom