• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That sure didn't take very long. Now we'll see if he can get the rest of his minions to follow along with his proposed tax increases. Norquist must be crapping himself right about now. How many will choose to set aside his no taxes pledge? My guess is it'll be more than you might think. They seem horrified of the whole sequestration that's coming. Personally, I hope it hits. It'll serve them all right.

Fiscal cliff talks: Speaker John Boehner pitches millionaire tax hike - John Bresnahan and Jake Sherman and Carrie Budoff Brown - POLITICO.com

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've said before... they'll cave on everything. They always do. All of the debate, all of the big talk... it's just more dog and pony show, more smoke and mirrors.

In the end, taxes will go up a little bit, spending will be cut a little bit, and instead of a $1.5 trillion dollar deficit we'll probably have a $1.3 trillion dollar deficit, and everyone will shake hands, smile for the cameras, and that will be that.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    They have to either raise taxes or spend less. Pretty simple formula...
    Well, as we've seen over the last 12 years, they're certainly not going to spend less. They're all beholden to too many people who have their hands out. And they have to give funding to those that the public insists be worshiped. I'm not looking for anything substantive from either wing of the Boot On Your Neck Party. They're all cowards when it comes to doing what's necessary.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Sad. The Dems want it all and the GOP is nuts to go along. I'm kinda in the Rand Paul camp, that is tell the Dems to screw off. The "fiscal cliff" is just a term invented by the Dems to scare the ignorant. Congress and POTUS can change this crap whenever they want. How dumb they must think we are.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    John Maynard Keynes Boehner, Champion of the TARP bailouts, was never going to protect us from desperately unbalanced budgets or tax increases. He didn't "cave in", he just stopped B.S.-ing about where he stands. Its time Republicans acknowledge that their leaders reject capitalism, despite a little token rhetoric to make the base feel good. A child could see through this charade.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    John Maynard Keynes Boehner, Champion of the TARP bailouts, was never going to protect us from desperately unbalanced budgets or tax increases. He didn't "cave in", he just stopped B.S.-ing about where he stands. Its time Republicans acknowledge that their leaders reject capitalism, despite a little token rhetoric to make the base feel good. A child could see through this charade.

That is because a child has that beautiful gift of being able to see a plain thing in a plain way. Unfortunately, by the time most people get out of [STRIKE]school[/STRIKE] indoctrination camp, they have lost the ability to distinguish such things and see the world in slightly varied shades of gray.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The republican party is dead. We need to get organized in the next two years so we have a replacement in 2016.

Oh wait, after Friday the 21st, it won't matter....Mayan end of the world and all.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I've said before... they'll cave on everything. They always do. All of the debate, all of the big talk... it's just more dog and pony show, more smoke and mirrors.

In the end, taxes will go up a little bit, spending will be cut a little bit, and instead of a $1.5 trillion dollar deficit we'll probably have a $1.3 trillion dollar deficit, and everyone will shake hands, smile for the cameras, and that will be that.

Exactly.

A fiscal "cliff" of 4% TOTAL spending and taxes and people are pissing their pants about it.

Go ahead, forget about the 40% of the OUTLAYS that we're going to magic out of thin air. I'm sure the currency will be just fine. No need to worry. The dollar will always be here. :rolleyes:

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute

That is because a child has that beautiful gift of being able to see a plain thing in a plain way. Unfortunately, by the time most people get out of [STRIKE]school[/STRIKE] indoctrination camp, they have lost the ability to distinguish such things and see the world in slightly varied shades of gray.

Yep. There have been numerous times that I've talked about something in front of my 7 year old and she's said, "Why don't they just..." and I simply smile, knowing full well that she's correct.

Exactly.

A fiscal "cliff" of 4% TOTAL spending and taxes and people are pissing their pants about it.

Go ahead, forget about the 40% of the OUTLAYS that we're going to magic out of thin air. I'm sure the currency will be just fine. No need to worry. The dollar will always be here. :rolleyes:

This is the biggest issue. The people fail to see how this is a problem, yet nobody is willing to revolt. Keep them happy with bread and circuses so they don't see the big picture. Then there is that whole issue of anyone even thinking about planning a revolt is suddenly deemed a domestic terrorist and now they're monitored and "stopped" if they become too big. This is the entire reason for the 2nd amendment. But the gov has kept people fat, dumb and happy for too long, so they just go with the flow and trust the gov to have their best interests at heart. Frankly, I fear the people couldn't even put forth a succesful revolution anymore. Too many things have been put in place to stop it and we've all just let it happen. Throw a frog in a pot of boiling water and he'll jump right out. But put him in cool water and gradually turn up the heat, he'll stay there till he dies. Just like our nation has been doing to us over the years.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/pelosi-backed-boehners-tax-cut-proposal

305449_414543198614165_1932783338_n.png

Top Bottom