• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    pic of one i cought and released a couple yrs, ago here in southern indiana.
    bobcat005.jpg

dhayse32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Tons of them around Martin and Greene county. I have personally saw 5 while hunting over the past 2 years. Very very cool. One was pretty good size, bigger than I thought they were thats for sure. Awesome animal, hopefully one day they will let us take them out!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Tons of them around Martin and Greene county. I have personally saw 5 while hunting over the past 2 years. Very very cool. One was pretty good size, bigger than I thought they were thats for sure. Awesome animal, hopefully one day they will let us take them out!

do you live in Greene county?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I saw one while mountain biking in the woods (along a field) in Vermilion county, right on the Indiana and Ill. state line. It did eventually turn and run the other way, which is a good thing because if it had ran toward me it would have had a tough time dealing with the smell of feces and urine I would have produced in an instant. It totally caught me off guard. In an instant your brain subconsciously tries to identify what you are looking at and first suggests "kitty cat", then you logically compare that with what you are actually seeing and it looks huge by comparison.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    It is amazing the wildlife I have seen lately, and I live in the Northwest part of the state...in a city. I do have a wooded ditch that runs behind my home. Beside the basic raccoons and rodents, I have seen deer, coyote, fox, and what appeared to be a bobcat. I have also notice a recent decline in stray or outside cats in the area...hmmm

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Cougars

:dunno: My brother in law claims to have sighted Cougars on his land in Owen Co. No Photos though. DNR officially says there are none left in Indiana. Except in the Cat Rescue place. But I swear I saw a road Kill Cat that looked too big, and the wrong colors to be a bobcat near Bloomington on 37. Which suprised me as fleet afoot as cats are. Gotta remeber Cats are about the best predator around. About the only way you get one out west were it's leagal is with dogs. If you want a bear, try KY or Tenn. KY just made it leagal to shoot a bear if its on your property and you feel threatened.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    While hunting in Jefferson Co, right near Switz Co. I saw a bobcat. Stayed in sight for 5 minutes then dissappeared then came in view for another 10 then ran the circular edge of food plot before cutting straight across it with something in its mouth. Too far to tell what, but it was very cool to have the fiance in the stand with me for the first time ever and let her see that. Then she was my charm and a button buck became dinner this winter with her by my side.

GunnSlinger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    had one "attack" one of the wifes horses 2 yrs ago. I never would have guessed what the claw marks were, but the vet was from out west and swore they were bobcat claw marks. I had heard reports of people seeing them in Parke county before, but never saw any evidence till then.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have not seen a live wild one. I have seen two that tried to take down a Buick or something else a bit big for them. Seen both the same year and in the same area. Have seen them at Wolf Lake! :D
    Do not know, :dunno: but think I heard one in the wild. Was never able to spot what was making the sounds. Using a flashlight in the woods, the way it sounded, not sure I wanted to find it. Have heard them at Wolf Lake, so I am sure it was one that I heard but did not see it.

Top Bottom