• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Bloomberg is part of the story, but the REAL story is Indiana mayors who belong to the Constitution-shredders AKA "Mayors Against Illegal Guns".

Indiana has six members. After the next election there need to be zero.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns - Coalition Members

These folks need to be defeated in the next election. Not to change their behavior, just to be rid of them.

dantrom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Steuben Co.
    No one asked me what I thought!

But honestly many of the people I associate with (in Ohio where I work) agree with total background checks and some even registering. But all of them who feel this way also believe that it's foolish to think our government could become tyrannic...

In these conversations I make it a point to refer to history and that it always seems to repeat itself.

I like to think that a constant reminder may plant a seed that may spark an interest to pay attention to the current issues. Hopefully draw conclusions based from past mistakes people who didn't want to pay attention and shared their views made.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I hope he dumps alot of money into conforming Indiana to his way of thinking like he did in Chicago. Let him waste his money here where he stands no chance. Its that much less he money he has for states that can be tricked:yesway:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It would be interesting to know exactly what was asked to arrive at this 89% stat. Sadly, I believe there is a large number of people that are so used to the idea of having a authority license/approve/inspect almost every aspect of life, they see no problem extending such a common sense measure to ensure safety. Since Christmas, I have seen numerous reports on TV, on the net, etc. where UBC's poll quite well. IIRC, there have been a few say they support them here, on INGO.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It's amusing to see an organization bought and paid for by Bloomers objecting to the NRA pressing pols.

This is easily the most astonishing example of hypocrisy I have ever seen.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    "Pollster Doug Schoen conducted the poll of 785 voters Jan. 26-28. The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points. The cost was not released. "
    So 89% of 785 people selected by a biased group and questioned during a 2 day period with an unrevealed question, etc speak for all of us when it comes to our Constitutional rights?

Licensed gun dealers must conduct background checks on potential buyers, but about 40 percent of gun transfers are conducted by unlicensed private sellers who are not required to conduct a federal check, according to the news release.

Makes you wonder where they come up with figures (40%) for the number of transactions that are not recorded?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    So 89% of 785 people selected by a biased group and questioned during a 2 day period with an unrevealed question, etc speak for all of us when it comes to our Constitutional rights?

Makes you wonder where they come up with figures (40%) for the number of transactions that are not recorded?

Poll was conducted in which of the 60 states and congressional districts?

The 40% figure has been addressed here elsewhere. Another dubious figure at best.

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    When bogus stats. like 89% and 40% are used,people that are "on the fence" about gun control suck them up without question,and then they vote.:xmad:
    In a case like this it all depends on who is paying for the poll.:xmad:
    I don't need a biased poll to make up my mind.

Shall not be infringed should cover it.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    *UCK Him!!!!!! Stay the hell out of my wonderful gun loving god fearing midwest hospitable state you *ouchebag!!!!!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Usually when the source of the stat isn't given, throw it out the window. If Bloomnuts is attached to it, throw it out the window. If it's from NY, throw it out the window. Read the friggin' comments STAR - Every single one of them calling the article trash - there's your poll.

Brian 45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    You can bet they chose where they were asking to insure the right outcome! Kinda like those counties that voted 100% for Obama or was that rigged too!

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Bloomberg can't think in three dimensions. His mind is like a badly drawn cartoon. How did he get to where he is today? He didn't build that. He couldn't have. He can't be a self-made man. He's not even a self-thinking man.

It's like talking to a gold fish in kindergarten. Before he is allowed to speak he needs to be introduced to the concepts of logic and reason. Then he needs to practice holding more than one thought in his head until he can do it.

JT Meeks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    You gotta love how a poll taken of less than 800 people all of the sudden becomes the majority in their left wing way of thinking. The majority of hoosiers disagree with 100% of every word that comes out of Bloombergs mouth.

Top Bottom