• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Somewhere on the south side of Indy, a man in a tin foil hat is saying "look honey, I told you the black helicopters were coming". lol.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    What was with the blackhawk buzzing around south county line road.It was cool but why?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You do realize that the Shelbyville Indiana National Guard has a BlackHawk air group based there and makes routine flights in and around the Indianapolis area.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Co. Line Road isn't all that far from Atterbury either. Not sure if anything was going on there this weekend since it is Easter, but might explain it too.

We see quite a few of them down here in Jackson Co. going to and from Atterbury and the Muscatatuk Urban training facility over in Jennings Co. Sometimes the use Freeman Field here in Seymour as a facility to practice insertion.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Um, what do you want them to do?? Just sit there and do nothing with them??? Or would you rather them train, fly, & play with them so they are intimately familiar with their tools so if/when the time comes WE need them they're prepared and ready to go???

Just sayin.....

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    I live directly to the rear of the helicopter base here in shelby county. I can tell you that they are busy training night and day. If I was a member of the tinfoil hat crew, I would be pretty nervous!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    They did a fly over for the festivities at White River State Park yesterday. I imagine they were staging for that. He came from the south heading north over the park.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Um, what do you want them to do?? Just sit there and do nothing with them??? Or would you rather them train, fly, & play with them so they are intimately familiar with their tools so if/when the time comes WE need them they're prepared and ready to go???

Just sayin.....

I would rather have my tax $ spent on Military training than some of the other "goofy" ways it's spent.:+1: Rep'd

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    What was with the blackhawk buzzing around south county line road.It was cool but why?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You do realize that the Shelbyville Indiana National Guard has a BlackHawk air group based there and makes routine flights in and around the Indianapolis area.

The Blackhawks flying over are a near every day thing because of the above.

Last edited:

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    They did a fly over for the festivities at White River State Park yesterday. I imagine they were staging for that. He came from the south heading north over the park.

Yup, that was it. I do have to say that we were disappointed in the flyover, that was the only reason we went downtown on Saturday.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    "See, mother? I told you those tinfoil hat liners would save us!!" You guys are killin' me. It is some pretty expensive training. On the other hand an acquaintance just came back from the sandbox, and related how his pilot had bugged out of a rapidly approaching dust storm, and they spent the night at another base. The companion pilot's helo wasn't so fast, and went down. 1 guy not going home vertical. Spend the money boys. And come home safe.

Top Bottom