• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Absolutely correct, and if you go even further back in history before slavery here you will find that the blacks were slaves and sold into slavery in Africa by their other blacks. Slavery was more prevalent in Africa to other blacks and not just to the white.
    Yes, Blacks enslaved other Blacks. Whenever people say this, it sounds as if they think that idea forcing another person to work for you for free was invented by Africans. Africans slavery did not have a racial superiority component more than it had a tactical reason. The Romans and Eqyptians knew this. African societies (and Roman/Egyptian) had the possibility of a slave becoming an equal with their former slaverholders . That was never, and could never be the case in North America.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Can you talk a little more about this? I'm not following you at all.
    There are plenty of examples of slaves reaching the upper echelon of the societies that enslaved them. That never could have occurred in America. The reason is that American slavery, was based entirely on race. There weren't enough free blacks who had never been slaves, so stigma of Black=Slave endured. This of course made the company of such undesirable. A Black person could own 100,000 slaves, but socially and legally, he was not the equal of the gravedigger.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yes, Blacks enslaved other Blacks. Whenever people say this, it sounds as if they think that idea forcing another person to work for you for free was invented by Africans. Africans slavery did not have a racial superiority component more than it had a tactical reason. The Romans and Eqyptians knew this. African societies (and Roman/Egyptian) had the possibility of a slave becoming an equal with their former slaverholders . That was never, and could never be the case in North America.
    No actual it's pointing out that if black people want money maybe they should go after the root cause. Those that actually sold their ancestors into slavery. Which would be other Africans.

Chinese still have slave work camps/factories yet most people still buy their Chinese slave made goods.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    There are plenty of examples of slaves reaching the upper echelon of the societies that enslaved them. That never could have occurred in America. The reason is that American slavery, was based entirely on race. There weren't enough free blacks who had never been slaves, so stigma of Black=Slave endured. This of course made the company of such undesirable. A Black person could own 100,000 slaves, but socially and legally, he was not the equal of the gravedigger.
    You stopped before saying how the black slaves were freed. History doesn't stop just where you want it to.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No actual it's pointing out that if black people want money maybe they should go after the root cause. Those that actually sold their ancestors into slavery. Which would be other Africans.

Chinese still have slave work camps/factories yet most people still buy their Chinese slave made goods.
    Ok, let's play this game. You believe the African were on the beaches jumping up and down and waving their hand to get the attention of some unsuspecting European trading ship, and then tricked them into buying a few hundred people? Geez, no wonder they try that Nigerian Prince scam, they think if we were that dumb then, we must still be dumb.

Your point is asinine. "Black People" don't want your money for reparations, at least not the majority of us. The flaw of people say stuff like this, is indicative of much thought they haven't put into the idea, to come up with an intelligent response. Because some people are lazy, they haven't figured out the way to either end this discussion completely, or expose the people as hypocrites who support the idea of reparations. Some my advice. "Be smarter."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You stopped before saying how the black slaves were freed. History doesn't stop just where you want it to.
    I stopped, where I stopped, because the conversation was antebellum. If you have something you wish to ask "post" concerning, ask. I'm not going to ramble off American history until you find a place that is acceptable to you.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ok, let's play this game. You believe the African were on the beaches jumping up and down and waving their hand to get the attention of some unsuspecting European trading ship, and then tricked them into buying a few hundred people? Geez, no wonder they try that Nigerian Prince scam, they think if we were that dumb then, we must still be dumb.

Your point is asinine. "Black People" don't want your money for reparations, at least not the majority of us. The flaw of people say stuff like this, is indicative of much thought they haven't put into the idea, to come up with an intelligent response. Because some people are lazy, they haven't figured out the way to either end this discussion completely, or expose the people as hypocrites who support the idea of reparations. Some my advice. "Be smarter."
    Wow you lack history and understanding. Black African slavers rounded up and sold other Black Africans to white slave traders.

Boy that was hard to understand.

Records from the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, directed by historian David Eltis at Emory University, show that the majority of captives brought to the U.S. came from Senegal, Gambia, Congo and eastern Nigeria. Europeans oversaw this brutal traffic in human cargo, but they had many local collaborators. “The organization of the slave trade was structured to have the Europeans stay along the coast lines, relying on African middlemen and merchants to bring the slaves to them,” said Toyin Falola, a Nigerian professor of African studies at the University of Texas at Austin. “The Europeans couldn’t have gone into the interior to get the slaves themselves.”

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I stopped, where I stopped, because the conversation was antebellum. If you have something you wish to ask "post" concerning, ask. I'm not going to ramble off American history until you find a place that is acceptable to you.
    "That was never, and could never be the case in North America." Is FALSE. Just calling you out on a false statement. A black man has been president. Not only is that equal to my social status it may be a little above me. :cool:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Fredrick Douglas?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And I believe that among Africans, slaves were predominantly the spoils of war or captured enemies. Though they had a limited economic value to their captors, it wasn't until outsiders evinced a willingness to pay high prices for such that the economic motivation for enslavement was supercharged and slavery became an economic endeavor in its own right rather than a side effect of war

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "That was never, and could never be the case in North America." Is FALSE. Just calling you out on a false statement. A black man has been president. Not only is that equal to my social status it may be a little above me. :cool:
    Geesh. Does Kut really have to say "That was never, and could never be the case in North America, until slavery was totally abolished"?

Didn't Hough say it before - reparations are dumb but not because some blacks were involved in the slave trade.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210428-155015_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210428-155015_Chrome.jpg
      309.7 KB · Views: 11
    Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Geesh. Does Kut really have to say "That was never, and could never be the case in North America, until slavery was totally abolished"?

Didn't Hough say it before - reparations are dumb but not because some blacks were involved in the slave trade.
    Fredrick Douglas?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

"The Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria has written to tribal chiefs saying: "We cannot continue to blame the white men, as Africans, particularly the traditional rulers, are not blameless."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Fredrick Douglas?
    Wasn't slavery abolished in the North at that time?

Now and try point to a counterpart that was in the company of Jefferson Davis.

Now back to reparations. If I honestly thought that throwing money at select individuals based on race could solve even a fraction of the problems, I'd write a check for $10k right now.

But it won't, so I won't; nor will I support the US govt. doing it.

All this talk about slave owning blacks, and blacks enslaving blacks, is a distraction and appears petty and tone deaf.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom