• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I witnessed one of these military training exercises in metro areas last night.

Thought Provoking.

Walking to hotel from museum, two helicopters go overhead but so low you hear them and trees are swaying. Very hard to see and disappearing quickly.

scared the wife and I.

Police stop us at street corner. They are turning other people back that we talk to coming our way who tell us its a military exercise.

When we say going to our hotel they let us through.

At the 4th floor level of an 8 floor hotel 4 helicopters fly by.

There are 8 total in the air.

They flew in at eye level. rappeled down .

Wife and I heard gun fire, saw laser pointers dancing around.

Then they loaded into an SUV caravan and left.

Not a single camera crew from local news.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    neuralizer-men-in-black.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Twin Cities: Black copters? Those are special ops training missions - TwinCities.com
    f you hear or see low-flying black helicopters in St. Paul or Minneapolis, police are telling the public not to be alarmed -- they're part of training missions.
    "It's going to be an unusual occurrence, and we don't want people to overwhelm our 911 center with concerned callers," said Sgt. William Palmer, Minneapolis police spokesman.
    U.S. Special Operations Command has been in the two cities for "routine urban-environment training," both police departments said in news releases. Portions of the training include St. Paul police.
    Most of the training, which has been coordinated with property owners where it's happening, will be out of public view. The training began Sunday, Aug. 19, and continues through Sept. 1. Starting this Sunday, it may become more visible when "helicopters begin supporting the training," the releases said.

Black helicopters surprise, entertain Minnesotans (with images, tweets) · PioneerPress · Storify

yes yes...they are for our "entertainment".

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I saw about 8 of military helicopters flying high in a arrowhead formation over the Georgetown, IN area about 3 days ago flying North to South. I wonder if it was this same group.

Last edited:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Friend of mine near Sulphur Springs says he saw several Apache helicopters flying over the other day. He's ex-army and not given to exaggeration. We wondered where they were going and why.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    They had been flying around since we got here in 2 groups of 4 (Monday)

We asked then and were told it was part of security for the State Fair.

Then last night full blown action.

Of course an Indiana LTCH is no good here so if it was real (which when they started firing around the arena sounded real) I would have only brain, knife, and brawn to protect myself.

Two out of three ain't the worst I guess.

Some would argue it was one out of the three though.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Last week I saw five Apaches on Monday, five Black Hawks on Thursday, and at least three Chinooks on Friday. The Apaches were on final approach to Indianapolis International, but all the other aircraft were heading West - and none of the Black Hawks or Chinooks were the SOCOM versions. My guess is that they were units from back East flying out to the National Training Center in California for an exercise, or possibly they were aircraft being ferried back to their home stations after being unshipped from their transport back from Iraq or Afghanistan.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Last week I saw five Apaches on Monday, five Black Hawks on Thursday, and at least three Chinooks on Friday. The Apaches were on final approach to Indianapolis International, but all the other aircraft were heading West - and none of the Black Hawks or Chinooks were the SOCOM versions. My guess is that they were units from back East flying out to the National Training Center in California for an exercise, or possibly they were aircraft being ferried back to their home stations after being unshipped from their transport back from Iraq or Afghanistan.
    Oh, thanks for the official non tin foil hat, government line, Mr. Blackhawk:D

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    OMFG I'm sitting at the Terre Haute airport right now and a V22 Osprey just landed! I think it might be part of some secret government swat team task force collecting and executing US citizens!!!1!

...or maybe its just stopping for gas...

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012

They are shuffling some things around also to get them out of the storm path also.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    There are 8 total in the air.

They flew in at eye level. rappeled down .

Wife and I heard gun fire, saw laser pointers dancing around.

Then they loaded into an SUV caravan and left.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do in downtown St. Paul. Nothing to see here.

Top Bottom