dsc4793l.jpg
    OMG, the rotors have stopped, it's going to fall :runaway:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This past April, I saw C-130s, F-15s, F-16s, an F-22, an F-18, and numerous "training aircraft" flying directly the hell over my frikken house! They were in town for Thunder over Louisville!:): (my nephew was flying one of the F-16s):patriot:

That crap in the twin cities is kinda weird, though!

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Don't remember if it was mentioned upthread, but many Blackhawk sightings at low altitude can be attributed to the National Guard is flying UH60s with ISP officers onboard searching for marijuana.

They have been stopping at JVY (Sellersburg) for fuel, and saw one today at HUF (Terre Haute) getting fuel as well.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    OMFG I'm sitting at the Terre Haute airport right now and a V22 Osprey just landed! I think it might be part of some secret government swat team task force collecting and executing US citizens!!!1!

...or maybe its just stopping for gas...

The Osprey comes around often. There is a National Guard base there....ya think maybe just the Officers' might have a meeting of some sorts? :D

How do I know you ask....because I work for the F.A.A. ;)

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I have been told that the color of Blue Spruce tress show up very similar to the color of the dreaded "Mary Jane wacky weed plant" on the equipment used for spotting it from the air. :dunno:
    No wonder i am getting so many fly bys this year. I planted 9 blue spruces this year. At less than $5 each from Rural King i could not resist.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The Osprey comes around often. There is a National Guard base there....ya think maybe just the Officers' might have a meeting of some sorts? :D

How do I know you ask....because I work for the F.A.A. ;)

The surprise is quite reasonable. Although there is indeed a National Guard base there, they haven't had aircraft on inventory for several years, just simulators (which leads me to wonder if that translates into a facility for controlling drones).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I wonder how many millions of dollars we spend each year stopping people from growing their own painkillers,and Jim Beam replacement.

Wikipedia says approximately $44B per year:
    War on Drugs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drug war clock (presented by the primary source quoted in Wikipedia):
    War on Drugs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New York Times says $20-25B per year over the last decade:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/04/b...gs-start-with-the-numbers.html?pagewanted=all

Whichever numbers you go with, it is a lot of jack for accomplishing a whole lot of nothing other than making money in asset forfeiture and inventing new ways to circumvent the Constitution in the name of necessity. We may wish to recall that William Pitt once observed that necessity is the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves.

Top Bottom