• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Springfield Armory is having a big giveaway each day this month. The prizes are 1911s, XD(somethings), M1A rifles and misc accessories. You have to register up front (which may turn some off). To enter, you vote on which of two firearms you prefer and can do so hourly. The grand prize is a trip to their factory, where you can custom design your own "dream" 1911, lifetime NRA membership, and training with Rob Leatham. Pretty cool. If you should win anything, be sure to note it below.

Prizes

Vote/Enter

Last edited:

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Glad I saw this thread, I have been voting pretty regularly, and as I assume others are I was very skeptical over the odds of winning anything as I cant recall ever winning anything in a "contest" or "entry based" setting before. But......I just received an email at 0100 hours this morning letting me know I had won 1 of 15 XDs 3.3" 9mm's with the cleaning kit! They are supposed to call and/or email me to discuss how I will be able to claim my handgun I won! How exciting! They do state in the rules that no matter what prize you win, if its over a $600 msrp I believe, that they will also be sending you a 1099 for taxes. Ill try to keep everyone posted on how long it takes for them to contact me, what entails me receiving my prize, etc. You can vote every hour, every vote is an entry limited to an undisclosed amount of entries each day.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Aargh. That was supposed to be mine! :xmad:

Congrats!

Oops...sorry! Im still glad I won it instead ;) Thanks for letting me win it! Still up in the air on how long this will take, such a large giveaway as this I can only assume they will wait until the end...I hope not...its only been 9 hours and Im constantly checking my emails!!

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Its always worth a shot, and in a positive note, its not some google search found fly by night website "gun giveaway". Its actually Springfield. Im on a computer a lot at work nowadays anyways, why not waste my downtime clicking a button labeled vote!

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Just as an update, about 45 minutes ago I received an email from a Springfield rep, they now have all my contact info, my local ffl dealers info (Black Bullet Firearms- THANKS JORDAN!), and are ALSO sending me a gift card to pay for the FFL FEE!!! According to the rep everything should start shipping today!

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    They had a few winners from Indiana on a couple of the other prizes as well, I think its pretty cool that its not being predominately picked from a certain area of the US like a lot of contests are.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Very cool to hear someone from INGO has won something. I've been voting off and on since this began. Had hoped for a Range Officer in 9mm :)

I was really wanting that one too. They'll have another one on the 27th.

kramer- Sounds like they are really taking good care of you. :yesway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Something must be odd with the cookies they place, as I just tried to vote again and it said I couldn't (only once per hour), even though the last time I voted was a couple hours ago...

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Just had another reply from Springfield, they will be shipping the XDs tomorrow and it should be here Tuesday, also won a gun cleaning kit and a $35 gift card to pay for the FFL and those are mailed out today. They are surprisingly fast considering the amount of winners!

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    Way to go @kramer5702, I actually had just checked the winner list a few minutes ago and saw the Indiana name. I had actually been voting last week, and just forgot about it this week until I saw this thread.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Thanks for the heads up! I want a socom 16 sooo bad. Any m1a is great, though. I've also been wanting a springer 1911 a lot too.

Top Bottom