• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Stopped on my way back from MI. I didn't have a lot of time, what I saw impressed me. Full racks of long guns, cases stocked with handguns and ammo, even reloading supplies. Didn't think to look close for primers.
    Prices:
    S&W MP .45ACP $459
    Glock 22 .40 S&W GRN $459
    Ruger 22/45 flat side $259

Forgive me if I'm off, this was from memory

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    IMHO the one in Marion is even better. Which is great because I live in Marion.:D The one in Marion even has .50 cal ammo cans for $6.99. Wabash store didn't last time I was there. I only stopped buying them because I can't figure out what else to put in them. Though I still buy a few every now an then, just in case.

I am pretty sure that they only stock shotshell primers, as I have not seen any other types. I have been happy with Big R's powder supply as well. And they occasionally have sales on ammo.

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    Thank god for Big-R in Marion, Finally a place where I can go and hang out.:rockwoot:

Isn't that the truth. If I don't have to work on the weekends I take my daughter who is almost 3 and push her around in a cart until she just can't stand it any more. It gives her mama some rest, and I still get to go to Big-R.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Almost back to how the Big R"s used to be years ago! Anybody rememb er when there was Coast to Coast Hardwares and all the guns they sold?

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    They're in the process of remodeling the Big-R in Warsaw. I spoke with one of the guys in the sporting goods dept. He said they would be selling guns soon. I stopped at the one in Wabash a month or so ago and I was not too impressed with the prices on the firearms. Hope they have good sales on handguns.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Thank god for Big-R in Marion, Finally a place where I can go and hang out.:rockwoot:

It is a nice place to hang out and shoot the stuff with people.

Big R in marion has good shotgun shell prices. Cabelas and Gander have Black Cloud 3 1/2 inch #2's and #4'sfor 27.99. Big R....21.99 regular price. Usually every other week there 9 and 40 ammo are on sale to.

millfire517

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Grant County, IN
    It is a nice place to hang out and shoot the stuff with people.

Big R in marion has good shotgun shell prices. Cabelas and Gander have Black Cloud 3 1/2 inch #2's and #4'sfor 27.99. Big R....21.99 regular price. Usually every other week there 9 and 40 ammo are on sale to.

Yeah I can spend hours just looking through each department. Every now and then I find some awesome deals on ammo or gun cleaners. I missed out on buying one of the fatboy jr safes when they had them on sale.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I get the pleasure of being able to go to both stores since they are the same distance from my house. IMHO, Big R in Marion is better organized and cleaner. There are some really good people that work at the Wabash store though. I had one of the managers at Wabash offer to help me unload a safe I purchased if I couldnt find enough help. The guys at the Wabash store also let me peek at the monthly sales a little early to see if I want anything that might be on sale next month!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The Big R in Wabash has had .50 cal cans for months an months...they did sell out fast when they had them for 5.00 a can an they were like new! A couple months later they got more in, around 6.99 an a rougher. They have gottin into the reloading part an I'm sure they have more than shotgun primers..saw large rifle primers...case is full of ammo. An they have a lot of sales on guns, my buddy picked up a GSG5 pistol for around 350.00 bucket sale last year....now bucket sales doesn't include amm or guns...rats....last week they even had more archery equipment in. Great place to stop in.

ryanbr...I remember Coast to Coast...when I was a senior in high school back in 1979-80, I bought an Remington bolt action with scope in 22/250 for 142.00, 100 rds. of CCI .22LR were about 1.00...ah...the days !!!!

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Yeah I can spend hours just looking through each department. Every now and then I find some awesome deals on ammo or gun cleaners. I missed out on buying one of the fatboy jr safes when they had them on sale.

Don't give up hope. They seem to go on sale every few months.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Almost back to how the Big R"s used to be years ago! Anybody rememb er when there was Coast to Coast Hardwares and all the guns they sold?

I still have a Marlin 70HC that was bought from the Coast to Coast in Hobart back in 1990. Worked at the Big R in Portage in the lumber dept. and would joke with a manager how they got lumber from the same crooked trees. Standing joke was that we sold railroad lumber-you could build a round house with it. Hated customer apprecation days, where they had the peanuts in the shells all over the store and people dropped the shells all over the floor. PITA to clean up.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    The Big R in Wabash has had .50 cal cans for months an months...they did sell out fast when they had them for 5.00 a can an they were like new! A couple months later they got more in, around 6.99 an a rougher. They have gottin into the reloading part an I'm sure they have more than shotgun primers..saw large rifle primers...case is full of ammo. An they have a lot of sales on guns, my buddy picked up a GSG5 pistol for around 350.00 bucket sale last year....now bucket sales doesn't include amm or guns...rats....last week they even had more archery equipment in. Great place to stop in.

ryanbr...I remember Coast to Coast...when I was a senior in high school back in 1979-80, I bought an Remington bolt action with scope in 22/250 for 142.00, 100 rds. of CCI .22LR were about 1.00...ah...the days !!!!

Remington 788 perhaps? Sorry to OP for unintentional partial thread jack!

Top Bottom