• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    WTF? My point from the beginning has been that it's ignorant [too binary] to say the only reason someone might display the confederate flag is racism. It seemed to me you were saying that, regardless of you insisting you were only talking about how it's perceived.
    Just tryin' to help

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To be fair, it's not a long road to manipulate perception that a symbol is racist when that symbol was literally a battle flag for traitors who started a war with their fellow citizens in support of the instutition of slavery. It's not like the swastika, a pre-existing symbol which was hijacked by Nazis. The origin of the flag is clear and undeniable. "Heritage" is a recent excuse to fly the loser banner by morons who are inordinately proud of 2nd place.
    When your heritage is kicking Yankee ass, you're probably going to revere the battle flag of your forbears who did it

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Will always be bigoted against ignorant fools who think that it's cool to use a treason banner rooted in slavery as some sort of impotent runner-up middle finger to "the establishment." But I do appreciate their propensity for garish adornment of themselves, their vehicles and their homes with their stickers, clothing, banners and such. Makes avoidance quick and easy.

:)
    Their contemporaries neither prosecuted them for 'treason' nor convicted them

Certainly a lot of faux righteousness going on north of the Mason-Dixon Line too

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    He said, from Columbus, Ohio.

:lmfao:

Exhibit A, your honor.

:):
    So, since the beginning of time your family has lived in the indy area? Never migrated from anywhere else.
    Just because he's from Ohio means his family has always been there. They couldn't have possibly migrated north after the carpet baggers moved in.
    Alost every argument you've put forward about this has pretty much been horse ****.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The origin of the battle flag is the St. Andrews Cross flag.
    This is why the battle flag is also referred to as the southern cross. The battle flag was born out of necessity to distinguish it from the union flag at that time because the original confederate flag’s similarity to the union flag quickly confused soldiers, who often couldn’t tell the difference between the two on smoke-filled battlefields.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    This is why the battle flag is also referred to as the southern cross. The battle flag was born out of necessity to distinguish it from the union flag at that time because the original confederate flag’s similarity to the union flag quickly confused soldiers, who often couldn’t tell the difference between the two on smoke-filled battlefields.

Yep...fully aware. Just trying to inform the "expert".

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So, since the beginning of time your family has lived in the indy area? Never migrated from anywhere else.
    Just because he's from Ohio means his family has always been there. They couldn't have possibly migrated north after the carpet baggers moved in.
    Alost every argument you've put forward about this has pretty much been horse ****.
    I'm not the one thumping my chest, deep in Yankee land, over what some relative or ancestor did somewhere else. I guess I can mark you down as in support of reparations, since you seem to share the belief that actions pass down from generation to generation.

Reminds me of those idiots who take a DNA test, find out that they are .01% Cherokee, and go about posting Facebook selfies wearing war bonnets.

:):

Top Bottom