• Poll closed .

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I said no for a few reasons.

The money, bidet has collected a lot if it and it is bound by federal election commission laws and rules as to its uses. It cannot just be handed out. Estimated at near $100,000,000

The legal, states have laws as to exactly how candidates get on the general ballot, and calling up the county election offices and saying switch name ain’t one of them. If the switch occurs there will be lawsuits in dozens of states over who and how the ballots are made.

The disaster, would any of you want your first big chance to win the Indy 500 in a wrecked car two laps down if you were really a serious talent with a chance to win? Running for president takes a multi years effort to build a team, donors, name recognition, and support. We political junkies may know the players but the normies/sheeple don’t.
    I thought I heard the mechanisms to transfer it to Harris is easier than others. Even if so, I am sure those wanting him to step down will have the legal issues already thought out well enough to avoid a court fight, but maybe not.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I didn’t watch but if it is the usual it is unnamed sources.
    It's an interesting discussion and who knows? ...but when Pres. Obama came out and said he should consider stepping aside- that's significant.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

The money, bidet has collected a lot if it and it is bound by federal election commission laws and rules as to its uses. It cannot just be handed out. Estimated at near $100,000,000

The legal, states have laws as to exactly how candidates get on the general ballot, and calling up the county election offices and saying switch name ain’t one of them. If the switch occurs there will be lawsuits in dozens of states over who and how the ballots are made.

The disaster, would any of you want your first big chance to win the Indy 500 in a wrecked car two laps down if you were really a serious talent with a chance to win? Running for president takes a multi years effort to build a team, donors, name recognition, and support. We political junkies may know the players but the normies/sheeple don’t.
    They're in a real bind with the timing, and with Kamala holding the keys to the war chest. They might push Biden out but they can't get rid of her and loot the money. There's only a little under four months left to salvage the campaign, if this gets dragged out much longer it'll blow up too close to the election for anyone new to make a case for themselves beyond "not Trump", and who knows if the Dem base will kick off and burn Chicago in a rage when the oligarchs cancel their primary votes and handpick Governor Bateman or whoever. They have to be terrified another Summer of Love will dump gasoline on the Trump fire.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They would try some obscure tactics and mental gymnastics to get that money, bet on it.
    Then sweep the fallout under the rug next year, it will all be forgotten after the election anyway. America has a short, short, short attention span.
    My point was the combination of all three makes it very hard to overcome. Knee pads is the main one I see really wanting to run or possibly newsome. I cannot see the top dem potential candidates like nitwitmer and shaprio wanting to run a disadvantaged campaign, with the old bidet team, as it is too late to build their own team, and their meeting with the public defined without the script they prefer against a formidable opponent with momentum.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I thought I heard the mechanisms to transfer it to Harris is easier than others. Even if so, I am sure those wanting him to step down will have the legal issues already thought out well enough to avoid a court fight, but maybe not.

No fallout either way, it’s easy to get things like that done when you never feel the consequences. Sure there will be some “congressional committees” which will involve a bunch of pontificating but no results, like usual.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You give the dems too much credit, they are ruthless but lose in court a lot…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Actually if we want to venture into conspiracy land, how about this?

Bidets last chance was to eliminate the competition, that failed. So the next step for the powers eliminate bidet, through negotiation now, other means later.

An assignation would shift sympathy to the dems…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If Biden steps aside Harris will have to be the one to go with unless the Democrats want to get into another dustup by trying to bypass her.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I hope Biden stays in because at this point I believe Trump will run away with the election. Pretty much anyone else has a better shot at beating Trump than ole pudding brains.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Watching him live, I don’t see how he could make it four more months let alone four more years. But it’s the devil you know vs don’t, and I also don’t like what the replacements will be (unless it’s Giant Meteor)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Most definitely the Bidens aren't going to give it up for nothing. Everything they have done has been to enrich themselves. I think that's why they haven't given it up yet. They want to use it as a leverage to get a kings ransom because the longer he stays in the more desperate the Democrat party will become to pay it.

Last edited:

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I think it would take a **** ton of money to bribe that family into not running and even then, ol Joe may not want to go down in the history books as a one term president

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

I think we forget who we're dealing with. Yes there are rules and laws and such, but again, did we forget who we're dealing with? I also think they have been planning this for a long long time. They have a plan that they have been working on, not just one at a moments turn.

I don't know what will happen. I am optimistic Trump will win regardless.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    He's had a number for a while now, probably right after the debate. It's really high and his legal team has been negotiating with the DNC's legal team over this. Time is running out so he's in the stronger position. Worst case for him is having to run a cheap non visible campaign from his basement that he loses badly maybe taking a lot of down ballot dems down with him. After the loss he'll have X dollars of campaign money, while he can't pay his bills with it, he can move it around to various legal places, such as non profits and foundations, that can then kick back something to him. It sounds cold, and it is, but as John Kennedy said " This is dc, where people disconnect your life support to recharge their cell phones."

Top Bottom