KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    con·serv·a·tive
    noun
    1.a person who is averse to change and holds traditional values.
    2.a person favoring free enterprise, private ownership, and socially traditional ideas.

I don't believe one has to favor a comprehensive list including a summation of anybody and everybody's socially traditional ideas

I find him being against CRT, progressivism and the gennder identity and intersectionality of oppression stuff to be qualifying

If you want 'fiscal conservative', there is a reason that is a separate and specific term - it is a proper subset of 'conservative'
    LOL. Keep twisting. You really have to be Trump blind to make him out to be a social conservative.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No. If he was, he would have done better. He had potential, but never lived up to it.
    That your employer should judge you by those same standards. Like most Americans you would mess your pants if threatened with an IRS audit, or some such. Constantly investigated, surveilled, impeached but he could have done more.

Maybe if people like you had done more to support him he could have done more for you. Like in the movies, on the count of three we all will attack the alien and can overwhelm him with all of us, on the three, a couple move in to the target but the rest just take the opportunity to run away. They all together could have stopped the left, but they cannot stick together.

If all of Trump voters stood behind him he would have “done better” and today we would be better off for it…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That your employer should judge you by those same standards. Like most Americans you would mess your pants if threatened with an IRS audit, or some such. Constantly investigated, surveilled, impeached but he could have done more.

Maybe if people like you had done more to support him he could have done more for you. Like in the movies, on the count of three we all will attack the alien and can overwhelm him with all of us, on the three, a couple move in to the target but the rest just take the opportunity to run away. They all together could have stopped the left, but they cannot stick together.

If all of Trump voters stood behind him he would have “done better” and today we would be better off for it…
    Wrong again. The IRS could audit us all they want. Since the last tax reform we just take the standard deduction anyway.

I am so tired of you blaming everyone else for Trump's failings. I was behind him while he was President. Ended up defending him a lot more than I would have liked. Having said that, there is absolutely nothing any of us could have done to help him. You guys are just so blind to any failings he has, you can't imagine how else he could have failed.

When he chose to work with the Rs in Congress, we got tax reform and we got decent justices appointed to Federal courts. When he chose not to, it was always the other guy's fault.

"If everyone had just bowed down to Trump and followed his orders, none of the would have happened!" Give me a break. He couldn't get out of his own way. It wouldn't have taken a lot for him to get a lot more done, but he couldn't do it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    LOL. Keep twisting. You really have to be Trump blind to make him out to be a social conservative.
    Sure seems like you are the one twisting things.

I don’t think “conservative” means a lot anymore.

Conservative means what it always meant and is a broad term. There sub terms, evangelical, fiscal, social, that usually mean different things to different people but we are lucky to have experts in semantics to tell everyone they are wrong…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wrong again. The IRS could audit us all they want. Since the last tax reform we just take the standard deduction anyway.
    Apparently you did not get the point, most people are scared of simple IRS letters, Much less the entire federal government including the uni-party coming after Trump and he is still standing taking the shots…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Apparently you did not get the point, most people are scared of simple IRS letters, Much less the entire federal government including the uni-party coming after Trump and he is still standing taking the shots…
    You're the one that made it about me. I think most Americans wouldn't give a :poop: anymore about an audit. Most have nothing to audit.

He has a lot of money and a lot of lawyers. Of course he is still standing after being audited. He would need much better lawyers if he wasn't.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You're the one that made it about me. I think most Americans wouldn't give a :poop: anymore about an audit. Most have nothing to audit.

He has a lot of money and a lot of lawyers. Of course he is still standing after being audited. He would need much better lawyers if he wasn't.
    1691261967439.jpeg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don’t think “conservative” means a lot anymore.
    I always thought its most simple formulation was wanting to conserve what was good about the past and what worked, while being skeptical of change to what's left, especially change for the sake of change. Probably should be conversant with the law of unintended consequences, too

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I always thought its most simple formulation was wanting to conserve what was good about the past and what worked, while being skeptical of change to what's left, especially change for the sake of change. Probably should be conversant with the law of unintended consequences, too
    I agree. That’s a good definition. People don’t agree on what should be conserved though. Or when skepticism should give way to acceptance. It’s not the definition’s fault. But it does tend to make it more subjective than I’d like.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I thought some Yale-educated, country club Nancy-boy told us what we should like as conservatives back in the 50s when he started Nat'l Review

To paraphrase Charles Wilson, 'What's good for the country-club set IS good for America' or something

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Islam doesn't allow usury, he'll have to skim his 10% somehow on the way over

Maybe transship via Ukraine or the Bahamas? Lots of opium in Afghanistan, Hunter can be the point man on this

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You are living in the United States of Chicago. I have never seen the left so flush with cash at any point in my lifetime.

Always follow the money

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

"Robertson posted online Monday that he had heard Biden was coming to Utah and he was planning to dig out a camouflage suit and “clean the dust off the m24 sniper rifle,” according to court documents."

Top Bottom