• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It isn't how palatable our guy is to us. It is how the rest of the people voting see him.
    This is completely wrong. The late great Rush Limbaugh taught that the guy you are describing is a loser. He said, ”Real conservatism wins every time it's tried" One can put the names of Dole, McCain, and Romney with that definition. Conservatives NEVER win trying to appease the non-conservative voters, they win by espousing conservative principles and creating enthusiasm in their own ranks. That is the blueprint for Regan and Trump.

And don’t tell me that there are not enough conservatives, 35% did not in the last presidential election as contentious as it was.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is completely wrong. The late great Rush Limbaugh taught that the guy you are describing is a loser. He said, ”Real conservatism wins every time it's tried" One can put the names of Dole, McCain, and Romney with that definition. Conservatives NEVER win trying to appease the non-conservative voters, they win by espousing conservative principles and creating enthusiasm in their own ranks. That is the blueprint for Regan and Trump.

And don’t tell me that there are not enough conservatives, 35% did not in the last presidential election as contentious as it was.
    Trump is not a conservative by any definition I have ever seen.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump is not a conservative by any definition I have ever seen.
    Have you seen this one?
    con·serv·a·tive
    noun
    1.a person who is averse to change and holds traditional values.
    2.a person favoring free enterprise, private ownership, and socially traditional ideas.

Please explain why neither of those definitions fits Trump in your estimation

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Have you seen this one?
    con·serv·a·tive
    noun
    1.a person who is averse to change and holds traditional values.
    2.a person favoring free enterprise, private ownership, and socially traditional ideas.

Please explain why neither of those definitions fits Trump in your estimation
    Adultery, divorce, definition of male chauvinist pig. Any of that sound like traditional values? Maybe you have different traditional values than what I learned.

We both know that is not what was being referred to though, don't we? A group that harps so much on how Libertarians have their purity test has a bunch of their own.

Is he socially conservative? Nope.
    Is he fiscally conservative? Nope.

So please explain how you see him as being conservative.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Adulatory, divorce, definition of male chauvinist pig. Any of that sound like traditional values? Maybe you have different traditional values than what I learned.

We both know that is not what was being referred to though, don't we? A group that harps so much on how Libertarians have their purity test has a bunch of their own.

Is he socially conservative? Nope.
    Is he fiscally conservative? Nope.

So please explain how you see him as being conservative.
    Are there not conservatives with bad behavior?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    No one is perfect, just perfect for a given situation / job
    Booming economy, low gas prices, low unemployment etc. I think we know who is the perfect man for the job

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, it sounds like by your standards, Pence is a better conservative than Trump. To me, he's only more conservative in his personal behavior. When it comes to issues I care about more he is a country club republican and a war-mongering neocon

Another fact that gets short shrift is in stormy's own account, she didn't want to sleep with Trump but somehow 'ended up in his room anyway'. It's kind of hard to believe that a very sexually experienced 'performer' couldn't control herself or the situation. I think it more likely she was hired to bang Trump if she could, did her job, took the payoff and only thought better of the deal when she saw she could make additional bank as a Trump candidacy assassin

That doesn't excuse Trump taking the bait, but she's not some innocent party who Trump forced himself on. She is a blackmailer and a gold digger

I'll take a demonstrably America First flawed man over a spineless, go-along-to-get- along, no amount of American involvement is too much for Ukraine person who happens to have his personal life in less disarray

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So, it sounds like by your standards, Pence is a better conservative than Trump. To me, he's only more conservative in his personal behavior. When it comes to issues I care about more he is a country club republican and a war-mongering neocon
    He would probably be more socially conservative in general than Trump.
    Another fact that gets short shrift is in stormy's own account, she didn't want to sleep with Trump but somehow 'ended up in his room anyway'. It's kind of hard to believe that a very sexually experienced 'performer' couldn't control herself or the situation. I think it more likely she was hired to bang Trump if she could, did her job, took the payoff and only thought better of the deal when she saw she could make additional bank as a Trump candidacy assassin

That doesn't excuse Trump taking the bait, but she's not some innocent party who Trump forced himself on. She is a blackmailer and a gold digger
    I doubt Trump is gullible enough to be fooled like that. In the end you are correct, cheating is cheating.
    I'll take a demonstrably America First flawed man over a spineless, go-along-to-get- along, no amount of American involvement is too much for Ukraine person who happens to have his personal life in less disarray
    America First is not necessarily conservative, now is it? There may be some intersections, but they are not the same. I don't understand why you guys try to make him out to be one. Unless it is because you see yourselves as conservatives, therefor someone you support must be as well.

Stick with the America First moniker. It fits better than conservative, and better represents those that support him. I bet there are a lot of supporters that would not consider themselves to be conservatives.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    not a direct quote, but what did Pence say, "troubles in America didn't concern him, he was more worried about Ukraine"
    That tells me more than enough about who Pence puts first

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    not a direct quote, but what did Pence say, "troubles in America didn't concern him, he was more worried about Ukraine"
    That tells me more than enough about who Pence puts first
    That was a bit out of context. The quote wasn't a great one though either way

Top Bottom