• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Was this the 'question'? Which one?

who is more law abiding? A guy that drives 5 mph over the limit or the serial killer?
    Arguably the serial killer, if you want to talk 'more law abiding'; because the speeder likely breaks the law constantly where the serial killer may only break the law a few times per year

How often do you speed?
    To channel Bill Clinton, depends on your definition of speed. 5 over or more, not very often since I retired as I don't have to be anywhere by any set time and my suburb is 25 mph on all streets except a few collector streets that are 35 and no higher speed limits exist for any streets in the part of town where I spend all my time. If you wish to tighten the definition to 26 in a 25 or more, then all the time - usually set the cruise for 27 or 28

Maybe roll a stop sign?
    Again, almost never - it is a habit I got into while working. I often flew first flight out so was headed to the airport at 0330 or 0400. At those times, much of the freeway patrol was looking for drunk (and stoned) drivers and would pull you over for any perceived violation just to see what you were all about. I was once stopped because one of the lights illuminating my rear license plate (I have two) was burned out. I have not had a traffic ticket in over 10 years

Turn signals at least every 200 ft before a lane change or turn?

ORC 4511.39, so 200 feet, not so much

And since you didn't ask, I have never had an OMVI/DUI and, except for a brief flirtation with weed as a freshman undergrad (during which I judged it made people lazy and stupid) I have had no use for MJ. For the last 2/3 of my career I did not drink with dinner because an OMVI would adversely affect my career as well as the company's cost to bond and insure me and my clearance. Even retired I do not drink with dinner because I am always carrying and our regulations only allow that in an establishment that serves alcohol if I do not drink. What drinking I do is largely done at home. I do not take any medications nor abuse prescription drugs

Now perhaps you would be good enough to answer my question. Because all of the laws you were wondering if I broke would not affect my ability to drive or my judgement behind the wheel, unlike the 'minor' laws broken that you claim 'do not harm others'

So, how often are you less than 100% behind the wheel?
    Okay it's 200 ft in IN. Forgot you were a buckeye.
    IC 9-21-8-25Turn signals
    Note: This version of section effective until 1-1-2023. See also following repeal of this section, effective 1-1-2023.
    Sec. 25. A signal of intention to turn right or left shall be given continuously during not less than the last two hundred (200) feet traveled by a vehicle before turning or changing lanes. A vehicle traveling in a speed zone of at least fifty (50) miles per hour shall give a signal continuously for not less than the last three hundred (300) feet traveled by the vehicle before turning or changing lanes.

So you admit to speeding slightly all the time, I'm sure most serial killers aren't killing all the time. So you think you are worse than a serial killer?

How does someone smoking a substance at home harm others?

How often am I less than 100% behind the wheel? I'd say fairly frequently, but not from intoxication or substance use. Tired, distracted, etc all reduce me from 100%.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I don't do drugs or drink. I view texting and driving up there with driving under the influence; it scares me. What people do in their home is up to them. I dislike many laws and government intervention; that said, I dislike breaking laws because one disagrees with them. There is a proper channel to make such changes.

That said, it is not ok to lie on the 4473. Some call it a little lie, not a big deal. Some try to sidestep the issue in discussions like this but in doing so, actually makes matters worse, IMO.

There are many anti-gun people in this world and to the surprise of many, yes they frequent forums like these. They like to see how the other side may think, sometimes they troll and sometimes they gather information to use against us. I can just see them now, thinking about the hypocrisy. You know, the "law abiding, patriotic" person. Oh, if they think it's ok, then they cannot go after Hunter, or anyone else. We are not sitting around the dinner table talking about politics with our friends. We're on the internet and people are gathering info and if they see the "law abiding patriotic" individual suggesting it is ok to lie on the 4473 because MJ is ok, then you are part of the problem rather than the solution.

grayishman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2022
    Too close to Gary
    Purple is sarcasm and intended to be funny, not personal.
    Thanks partner. Lots of site culture to acclimate to. I sort of figured that was the case so I was being a bit facetious.
    I like it here though; you all seem like good people.

EDIT:
    There are many anti-gun people in this world and to the surprise of many, yes they frequent forums like these. They like to see how the other side may think, sometimes they troll and sometimes they gather information to use against us. I can just see them now, thinking about the hypocrisy. You know, the "law abiding, patriotic" person. Oh, if they think it's ok, then they cannot go after Hunter, or anyone else. We are not sitting around the dinner table talking about politics with our friends. We're on the internet and people are gathering info and if they see the "law abiding patriotic" individual suggesting it is ok to lie on the 4473 because MJ is ok, then you are part of the problem rather than the solution.
    Fantastic, fantastic advice. We are all representatives of the firearms enthusiast community and the way we present ourselves affects the way others view us even if it is in what we might consider to be a "safe space." I don't necessarily agree with having to see the world this way but that's the hand we've been dealt and we have to roll with it.

Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    This is another bait and switch akin to the student loan forgiveness.

But at minimum he should be required to sign a pardon for each individual that this would affect. If the number is 6500, then he needs to sign 6500 separate pardons. This way each individual has been scrutinized and validated

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I am extremely aware of that and the negative impact of the 68 GCA (it's a long story). I'm also aware that there have been changes to the 4473 over the years.
    Which brings a great question, is it Congress that periodically changes a few questions on the 4473 or another Government Entity?
    :dunno: lol

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't do drugs or drink. I view texting and driving up there with driving under the influence; it scares me. What people do in their home is up to them. I dislike many laws and government intervention; that said, I dislike breaking laws because one disagrees with them. There is a proper channel to make such changes.

That said, it is not ok to lie on the 4473. Some call it a little lie, not a big deal. Some try to sidestep the issue in discussions like this but in doing so, actually makes matters worse, IMO.

Ever drive tired? Studies have shown that it can be as bad or worse than driving under the influence. I asked above, I'll ask again. Ever speed or break any other laws?

It doesn’t have a mental capacity exception either, but we have red flag laws…
    And do you agree with them?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Yep, pretty much. I'll admit I do willfully break the law on occasion, I'll also state that I have never lied on a 4473(and yes I've filled out multiple). For Hunter the lying on the 4473 doesn't really bother me, except for the laws for thee but not for me aspect. Other things do.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If you wish to tighten the definition to 26 in a 25 or more, then all the time - usually set the cruise for 27 or 28
    I have a question. Do you actually set the cruise when you're in a 25mph zone? The reason I ask is because around me all the 25 mph zones are frequent stops or short sections between different speeds. I'd be able to turn the cruise on for 5-10 seconds at the most. There is one that is maybe a 1/4 mile long between stops.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Me neither. But I'm getting the idea you support the 4473, is that correct or not?
    I was just pointing out that we have many violations of the constitution, but only a couple are ever in the lime light. I prefer we as a country support and demand compliance with the true and complete understanding of the definition of “shall not be infringed “. If this puts guns in the hands of the mentally unhealthy, that is an issue to be fixed by a change in the constitution.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom