Biden Campaign Defames Kyle Rittenhouse, Lawsuit Coming Soon...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don't think that is how America works anymore.
    Due process isn’t a thing anymore?

Is it against the law to use a minor in an ad without parental consent? Honest question.

What about to publicly tie him to hate groups or call him guilty of murder before a court has ruled on it? (Not that Biden did the ladder, but lots of media have)

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Due process isn’t a thing anymore?

Is it against the law to use a minor in an ad without parental consent? Honest question.

What about to publicly tie him to hate groups or call him guilty of murder before a court has ruled on it? (Not that Biden did the ladder, but lots of media have)

Due process has never been a thing in the "court of public opinion."

I doubt it's against any law to use a photo in an ad like that. The person who takes the photo, not the subject of the photo, owns the copyright. IANAL

As far as what each particular media company could be guilty of, I can't even speculate.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Lin Wood representing Kyle Rittenhouse isn't exactly new or a State-secret. Considering Lin Wood's clients include Nick Sandmann and Richard Jewel, shouldn't that be a big clue to avoid defaming this individual?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    After last night’s debate, the Biden camp put together a video that they then tweeted out indicating President Trump and Kyle Rittenhouse are white nationalists. This is not true and now a defamation claim is being prepared against Joe Biden.

Same attorney the Kentucky kid has, extracting money from the lefty news companies I believe...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...accuses-kid-white-supremacist-post-debate-ad/

That’s not going anywhere. Political campaigns just have a lot of wiggle room there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ah, I see. Anyone who interferes with a rioter who intends to burn, loot, and murder is a white supremacist.
    Let's not forget that antifa types who intend to burn, loot and murder are just ideas according to Biden.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Joe Biden’s twitter posts makes no mention of militia groups...

...Curious, based on your knowledge of law, if it changes the chances of a defamation suit since militia wasn’t mentioned?

Did you watch the video?

tweet-1.png

tweet-2.png

tweet-3.png

tweet-4.png

tweet-5.png

tweet-6.png

So I say again...where did the Biden campaign call Rittenhouse a white supremacist?

This is fundamentally unlike the Sandmann situation where they were undoubtedly making specific statements about him.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Due process has never been a thing in the "court of public opinion."

I doubt it's against any law to use a photo in an ad like that. The person who takes the photo, not the subject of the photo, owns the copyright. IANAL

As far as what each particular media company could be guilty of, I can't even speculate.

I'm not quite so sure. The wife and I sometimes sell vacation photos on a stock photo site. If there is a recognizable individual in any photo, we have to have a signed release from that person or persons that their image can be used for said purpose or the photo will not be accepted because an end user could not use it in advertising without such a release

That stricture leads me to believe that an individual does retain at least some control over the use of their image

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm not quite so sure. The wife and I sometimes sell vacation photos on a stock photo site. If there is a recognizable individual in any photo, we have to have a signed release from that person or persons that their image can be used for said purpose or the photo will not be accepted because an end user could not use it in advertising without such a release

That stricture leads me to believe that an individual does retain at least some control over the use of their image

This is correct. But it can be used in news without such release but not so for commercial use. What the use by a campaign requires I do not know...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I dunno. One reason to be an undecided voter might be for those who really don't want Trump and really don't want Biden. I mean, if you're the type of person who just really does not like Trump, but you think Biden is really bad too, you might feel like there is no one you can vote for. Like the difference between a douche and a turd. You really don't want either. I wouldn't say they're ****ing idiots. Maybe they have some priorities that are far different from mine.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So I say again...where did the Biden campaign call Rittenhouse a white supremacist?

This is fundamentally unlike the Sandmann situation where they were undoubtedly making specific statements about him.
    Kyle-Biden-saying-hes-white-supremicist.png

I don’t care what the video says. He didn’t make the video. He did make the tweet, and the tweet only references white supremacists.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Kyle-Biden-saying-hes-white-supremicist.png

I don’t care what the video says. He didn’t make the video. He did make the tweet, and the tweet only references white supremacists.

[STRIKE]Closer...[/STRIKE]

[ETA]

Nope, not closer. Biden linked the video, not a still of Rittenhouse. I checked the tweet.

tweet-7.png

What you posted is a screenshot of the tweet when it showed one specific frame in the video.

I reject the false narrative that the President has never disavowed white supremacists, but, in my opinion, one frame cannot be divorced from the context of the video to make a defamation lawsuit.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    [STRIKE]Closer...[/STRIKE]

[ETA]

Nope, not closer. Biden linked the video, not a still of Rittenhouse. I checked the tweet.

tweet-7.png

What you posted is a screenshot of the tweet when it showed one specific frame in the video.

I reject the false narrative that the President has never disavowed white supremacists, but, in my opinion, one frame cannot be divorced from the context of the video to make a defamation lawsuit.

Thanks. Was wondering what someone with knowledge of law thought of this. In my mind, linking a video with an individual and saying white supremacists was connecting the 2, but even if he was making the connection I guess since there are multiple different angles in the video it would be difficult to prove that was his intention.

I still think he should’ve worded it differently, but legally is probably acceptable.

Darn. :):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I dunno. One reason to be an undecided voter might be for those who really don't want Trump and really don't want Biden. I mean, if you're the type of person who just really does not like Trump, but you think Biden is really bad too, you might feel like there is no one you can vote for. Like the difference between a douche and a turd. You really don't want either. I wouldn't say they're ****ing idiots. Maybe they have some priorities that are far different from mine.

I don't care for Trump or Biden, but I damn sure know which direction the country will likely take with one versus the other. It's not about who someone "likes" personally. Nobody's having these clowns over for dinner. It's about choosing a trajectory for the nation. Pretty stark contrast in the candidates this time around. Somebody looking at the issues, looking at the candidates and then saying to themselves, "Gee, I just don't know yet" is a ****ing idiot. Full stop. Or has no core beliefs, which is worse than being a ****ing idiot. So in that sense, you may be right that they are not just ****ing idiots.

Top Bottom