• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    INGO Day when they re-open.

I pledge to come down and buy a gun.

I'm down. Can i slowly feed you ammo as you give legal advice?

Gun wise I'm considering the PPQ M2 or the HK VP9. I will buy one.

Law wise, my Dad has cancer, and we are concerned about him loosing his assets and he needs a will.:hijack: my bad.

If they don't have the pistol I want, I need another 10-22.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I would definitely donate time to help clean up as well. BGF is a first class place. So sad to see this happen

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    INGO Day when they re-open.

I pledge to come down and buy a gun.

I really like this idea Kirk! I'm hoping to either volunteer if needed to help with any work, or come down and buy a gun when they re-open, whichever is possible for me.

OMG terrible. This is my favorite indoor range! Uggh.

Completely agree! I'm there almost every Saturday and this is horrible news :(

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I've had my eye on a Sig P320. Guess I know where I'm buying it now.

Curious though - why did IFD respond and not BGFD ? Is the store actually an Indianapolis address ?

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    My son was there a few lanes down and notice more smoke than usal in the ceiling and then proceeded to inform RSO (employee). RSO did did not seem or act to be interested what was going on so he continue for a little longer then notice more smoke and again told the guy then he moved around more. My son picked up his rifles and pistols when all hell broke lose, got all his items out and stayed around a little while mainly because he could not get out.

Hate this for Gary and the crew, didos on coming up and helping out hopefully they will figure this out soon and get back on there feet.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Our thoughts are with them. We had a couple of instances where people fired tracer rounds and caught our backstop on fire as well. We were able to put it out thankfully. This is an instance where places like Tim's get bashed for checking ammo. There is a reason for it. We don't do it, as we generally want to trust people. We hate to see what happened here and know that they have the support. Very unfortunate and hopefully in the future this does not happen. I can not imagine what they are going though at his moment. Thoughts with them. I am sure they will get thorough it.

As annoying as it can be at times, I understand the reason why and agree. I'm honestly surprised more ranges don't check because the risks can be so huge.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Someone commented earlier that an AP round could have caused a fire. How would an AP round start a fire? I thought they were just a hard steel core under the copper jacket.

Very sorry this this happened to the good people of BGF.
    Matt

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    If it is caused by a tracer what a idiot or someone that thinks they can get away with it, we will see when the final details come out. RSO can check my ammo all day, I have no problem because safety has to be the top priority when dealing with rubber traps and keep range damage down to a minimum, range repairs are not cheap. Soooooooo many new shooters are coming into the gun community that have no clue on firearms or ammunition, it is actually scary when you are beside these people. I am in the process of building a range here in southern Indiana, it is not cheap to say the least and I will let you know that you may fire any type of ammo except Tracer and incentiary and your ammo will be checked when you walk by the RSO booth. Some people will not care and others will raise hell but you havent invested up to 5 million dollars for a greeat facility as I have.
    I pray the damage is very low but I am hearing thru some gossip or hear say that it is around 2 million that is heart breaking for a great business that Gary put together and I will help all that I can

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    If theres an INGO buy day, and Im not working, I will drive up there. Great people, great range. I hope you guys bounce back quick from this, and if some idiot is to blame, he is held accountable. I remember the first time I went there when the range opened. I paid for the range, then wanted to buy the targets, and the guy behind the counter basically gave me a target IOU. Told me to pay for the targets next time I come back, when I pay for the range time. So I did... Ive never been treated like that by complete strangers before. Im sure its because I didn't have cash on me, and the targets wouldn't meet the minimum, but still. I felt trusted, and valued, and I will never forget that...

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Just talked to Greg. Not 1 tracer, but an entire 30 round mag of tracers were fired. That's a special kind of stupid.

The entire range building has to be demolished and rebuilt from the ground up. This won't be a fast process.

Lot of smoke and water damage to long gun inventory, handguns escaped some damage due to glass cases.

Sad day for BGF....

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Just talked to Greg. Not 1 tracer, but an entire 30 round mag of tracers were fired. That's a special kind of stupid.

The entire range building has to be demolished and rebuilt from the ground up. This won't be a fast process.

Lot of smoke and water damage to long gun inventory, handguns escaped some damage due to glass cases.

Sad day for BGF....

I hate stupid people. Hope they get through this.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    So beyond the obvious question of what kind of idiot shoots tracers at an indoor range, I ask wheres the fun in shooting tracers indoors on a lit range anyway? Im struggling to see why anyone would waste the money on that... What is wrong with ppl?

juans

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2013
    indianapolis
    I am so sorry. I had been there many times and they had been awesome to me. I am so surprised about tracers as the rules were very clear about the ammo that you could use.
    Juan

Top Bottom