Better look at UC Davis pepper spray incident.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    ok this one has to be legit

pepper_spraying_30.jpg

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    A post from Denny I can get behind ;)

Sounds to me like there are some people out here who seem to believe that the police are responsible for other people's actions, that people are not responsible for their own actions, and that campus police are nothing more than glorified mall cops. Any one of these students could have de-escalated this situation at any time. Instead of getting up when asked they asked for masks to protect themselves from pepper spray. That is not the act of a child. As to the campus police, in IL where I went to college, campus police were essentially state troopers. They had the same powers and range.

Listen, if you want to effect change, do it within the bounds of the law. Its why this forum does not allow for "calls to war" etc. It is outside the law. If you feel that things need to be reformed outside of the law then you are making a decision that will get you pepper-sprayed IF YOU'RE LUCKY!! That is a decision OWS is making, I have sympathy.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    This could have all been avoided had ONE of the protesters had the insight to purchase 5 dozen Krispy Kreems.
    Youth these days.
    Who is gonna do their thinking for them?

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    A post from Denny I can get behind ;)

Sounds to me like there are some people out here who seem to believe that the police are responsible for other people's actions, that people are not responsible for their own actions, and that campus police are nothing more than glorified mall cops.

My problem is with people believing that the police aren't responsible for their own actions as well; as if that individual did not choose his profession and has no free will to make decisions during the course of his duties. There is always a choice. "I was just doing my job" or "I was just following orders" doesn't hold up to legal scrutiny as proper justification. This case is currently under review, so we'll see which way the law leans on this one.

I think every side made some terrible choices on this one. I just hope both sides take a breather and reset instead of letting this become a self-fulfilling prophecy where other law enforcement and orotesters in similar situations now assume that the other side will assume that they are going to use similar tactics; and have to escalate above this, etc etc.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I'm one of the first to call out police brutality when I see it. In this case though, I'm really not so sure I think this event passes muster. The police were, IMHO, very professional, and practiced as much restraint as possible. There were numerous warnings issued, and never once did I see the police become overtly aggressive towards the crowd. Whether that is a matter of selective editing, I admit I cannot be sure. I saw what appeared to be possibly 3 dozen officers there. Three dozen officers surrounded by hundreds, perhaps even a thousand protesters. This situation could have turned ugly very, very quickly. Frankly, I'm glad it was resolved with as little use of force as there was.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm one of the first to call out police brutality when I see it. In this case though, I'm really not so sure I think this event passes muster. The police were, IMHO, very professional, and practiced as much restraint as possible. There were numerous warnings issued, and never once did I see the police become overtly aggressive towards the crowd. Whether that is a matter of selective editing, I admit I cannot be sure. I saw what appeared to be possibly 3 dozen officers there. Three dozen officers surrounded by hundreds, perhaps even a thousand protesters. This situation could have turned ugly very, very quickly. Frankly, I'm glad it was resolved with as little use of force as there was.

See, Its Settled -
    And NYFelon would know about brutality, cause he's from New York.
    Some people visit NY just to get mugged! :bat:
    Stupid Tourists.....:faint:

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I find it funny that someone who has been sprayed can't see the other side of not using spray on someone. I've had direct contact twice and caught some over-spray on a third occasion. What kind of permanent injuries do I have? None. Now, if the heavily armed, angry, ignorant, big men come up and start cranking on limbs to handcuff people, what are the potential injuries? Broken bones and dislocated joints happen quite often when we are forced to go hands on.

These protestors were given the clear choice to clear the sidewalk. Losing a PR battle is not good, especially when the liberal (now I'm not sure I'm using that work correctly, Thanks UM:D) media makes sure the police will lose it. However, being blocked in by students as they make demands to let you leave can not be allowed to fly. I'm not advocating an overreaction but the potential consequences were explained many times, according to this video. If the police now "find another way around," the students see this and they become more daring the next time. If the explanation offered multiple times to the students by the one officer (who deserves props from both sides of this argument) does not persuade them to move, nothing will. I'm not walking around a place that I have a right to be, especially when faced with threats of "Let them go and we'll let you leave."

On a more humorous side note, I found the students that followed the leaders like sheep get a quick wake-up call with the pepper spray in their faces as well. I guess there's a pretty decent price to pay when you let others think for you.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Actually, in those circumstances, the 'Conservatives' were the loyal followers of the English Crown. Our founding fathers were, by definition, liberals.

;)

You could not be more wrong.

The term of the day was "classical liberalism", which was a 19th century idea of limited government, rule of law, and constitutionalism. Liberals today have usurped the term and replaced it's meaning with left wing progressivism.

Pick up a history book once in a while. You won't find many pictures but you may learn something.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Not a single protester in this video acted in a violent or aggressive manner - the police initiated the violence, and that was the ONLY violence... the violence was in response to a peaceful protest. The legality of their response is at best questionable, and very likely illegal.

If being blocked in was the issue, and they were just attempting to retreat - why would they spray the people in the middle sitting on the ground, not blocking them in? It is actually very simple - because that is what they came to do, and it had nothing to do with being blocked in. Their plan was to remove protesters, first through use of intimidation, and if that did not prove successful - the application of force. They stuck to their plan well... We all know this... it is not a point that should even have to be made.

Their actions were justified how?

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You could not be more wrong.

The term of the day was "classical liberalism", which was a 19th century idea of limited government, rule of law, and constitutionalism. Liberals today have usurped the term and replaced it's meaning with left wing progressivism.

Pick up a history book once in a while. You won't find many pictures but you may learn something.

Do you think insulting me makes you right?

This post only shows how much of an idiot YOU really are...you just flamed me for making THE SAME POINT AS YOU!!!.

It's funny you tell me to read...TRY READING THE PREVIOUS POSTS, MORON!

To put too fine a point on it...in 'the day' it was just called liberalism, classic liberalism is a modern designation of an old ideology. If you bothered to READ, you'd see that I was attempting to relate my PERSONAL ideology to that of 'Classic Liberalism' vs. 'Modern Liberals (The current popular archetype). I was NOT attempting to say that Nancy Pelosi is a classic liberal, or that Thomas jefferson is a modern 'progresive'.

Open your eyes...and stop being a dick.

Top Bottom