• ...and so much more!
  • LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Holosun on sale is usually the best quality bang for your buck. I've tried some cheap stuff with mixed results. Some were crap others did pretty well. I've got a Cyelee Wolf0 on a TX22 that's got 3k or so rounds through it and its held zero and works great.
    I also put a $25 chinese no name red dot from amazon on my Tavor TS12 which has held up through 400 rounds. It also survived being dropped on the concrete of my garage from shoulder height. Thankfully it broke the fall of the gun and didn't break or lose zero (it's a shotgun so it's kinda hard to tell lol). Would I recommend it for serious use? No, probably not. Do I regret buying it? For $25 no, not at all lol.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    the new vortex/sig dots seem comparable.
    I would never trust a vortex red dot.
    Had one that failed after one shot, replaced under warranty with no hassle. Replacement failed after three rounds.
    Bought a Holosun and many rounds later still going good although the lens coating shows scratches but doesn’t affect function.
    Shotgun application which is supposedly the gentler application.
    I run stuff hard ‘ish’ but certainly not abuse nor beyond what it is rated for.
    I have many vortex scopes that rock but would not recommend their red dots.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I would never trust a vortex red dot.
    Had one that failed after one shot, replaced under warranty with no hassle. Replacement failed after three rounds.
    Bought a Holosun and many rounds later still going good although the lens coating shows scratches but doesn’t affect function.
    Shotgun application which is supposedly the gentler application.
    I run stuff hard ‘ish’ but certainly not abuse nor beyond what it is rated for.
    I have many vortex scopes that rock but would not recommend their red dots.
    Which Vortex dots have you had issues with?

I have several Defenders. Most are on fun-guns, but one is on a Shield Plus that gets carried regularly. I have run it pretty hard, including some pretty aggressive one-handed slide manipulations. Other than finish wear, it has held up fine and seems suitable for defensive use.

I know the Defenders are relatively new, but they are supposedly built for carry use.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Which Vortex dots have you had issues with?

I have several Defenders. Most are on fun-guns, but one is on a Shield Plus that gets carried regularly. I have run it pretty hard, including some pretty aggressive one-handed slide manipulations. Other than finish wear, it has held up fine and seems suitable for defensive use.

I know the Defenders are relatively new, but they are supposedly built for carry use.
    I know nothing about the defenders, nor do I have personal experience with issues with vortex red dots, but I’ve seen a multitude of issues, even with the old razor red dots, second hand. I’ve seen them enough not to trust a vortex red dot, ever. Personally, I would not hesitate to use their razor optic line, and I love them. One of the best bang for the buck available. I keep a Gen 2 4.5-27 on standby at all times. But I’ve seen too many red dots fail to ever want to use them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom