• ...and so much more!
  • mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Hey Ya'll.....
    I'm new here, and would to ask the best and fastest way to get my carry permit. I've read it could take up to 3 months, I'll be doing all this in Brownsburg.
    Thanks for all the help in advance!
    (Don't go off and bash me if I used the wrong terms in my question)

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    OK....I won't bash you...lol
    Ask about the L1 method. It can take as little as one to two weeks. Don't go the traditional method as it will take somewhere around 3-4 months.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Ok, on the L1 is that something I can do on the online app, Or once I go to the police station for the finger prints?

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Fill out your application online. Once you complete it you will be given the option to do L1 and be given instructions on how to go about it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ok, on the L1 is that something I can do on the online app, Or once I go to the police station for the finger prints?

L1 is not ran through your local police. When you fill out the app online it will give you the option of doing L1. You will have to make an appointment and go in and do it. After that is when you go to your local law enforcement for the rest.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I think it is just $10 extra, and totally worth it. It cuts the wait time from months to days. I got mine in 5 business days, and that is pretty common. 2 weeks is a long wait time for L1.
    You fill out the online, take the option of L1 and then it takes you to the L1 website and lets you search for the nearest L1 fingerprint office. you go into the L1 office you select and they finger print you there, takes all of maybe 10 minutes, then you go to your local PD and pay the local fee. It is really easy. You pay for the state fee and L1 fee with a credit card online, then pay your local fee. Call your local PD to figure out what payment form is acceptable, some will only take money orders, some money orders or cash.

Marco Polo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Go online, fill out the app, pay the fee, and they will tell you where to go to get fingerprinted...Had my license in 14 days....

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Just made my appointment for my L1 finger printing. I had to pay 85 bucks now, so I will have to take the rest to the local Police Dept?? Do I do the finger print or the police station vist first??
    Sorry for all the odd questions, just don't want to F this up.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Just made my appointment for my L1 finger printing. I had to pay 85 bucks now, so I will have to take the rest to the local Police Dept?? Do I do the finger print or the police station vist first??
    Sorry for all the odd questions, just don't want to F this up.

Your $85 that you paid is the state and L1 fee. Next you goto L1 and get your prints done. (they do it with a scanner). Then you goto your local Sheriff(usually) and pay your local fee and deal with their procedure and you are done. 10days or less and you should have your pink LTCH.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    They move from location to location since there isn't enough business to have a full time office in many areas. Most locations are open only once a week. Here in Madison county many wife and I did the L1 on Monday and were pink slipped on Friday.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Well just dropped off my 50 dollar bill at Hendricks county. We shall see how long it takes to get, I did do the inkless aswell.
    Not to mention the lovely lady on the other side of the bullet proof glass was lovely*** dont ask to many questions, if you catch my drift.

Top Bottom