• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    I go for the Classico Tomato and Basil sauce. Straight from the can, it's really not too bad, and with a little doctoring, it turns into an even better sauce.

Either that, or we use our own sauce that we canned last summer with veggies from our garden. We'll be doing that some more this year as it turned out fabulous.

It just comes down to who I feel worthy of having our good sauce because most of our friends have no sense of taste.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Newman's Own Sockarooni Sauce

"Peppers, Spices, and the Whole Shebang!"
    It has actual chunks of peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Yum! Walmart's everyday price is $1.88. That is better than the sale price at other stores.

Paul Newman is a HUGE supporter of gun control and is on the board of Cease Fire as well as Handgun Control Inc. He also funds and owns several Liberal news outlets including "The nation"

Be careful who your supporting.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    If you haven't tried it, consider canning your own sauce.

This past fall when my tomato's were ripe my wife and I spent the better part of the day making and canning my mother-in-laws spaghetti sauce, our vegetable soup and salsa.

I think the house smelled like garlic for about 3 days.:)

By canning you don't need to use any appliance or use electricity to store it.

It really gives you a sense of satisfaction knowing you are creating home cooked foods without chemicals and preservatives.

Tomato's rule ;)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    A couple months ago I picked up a jar of Kroger's Private Selection Puttanesca sauce. This was a very good red sauce. I have never found it there again.

I'm not a fan of spaghetti but I make an alternative. I like to brown Bob Evans Italian sausage, and then add in a red sauce, sliced black olives, a little sage, oregano & basil. I like to serve it over Dreamfields Rotini. It's pretty good.

williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Paul Newman is a HUGE supporter of gun control and is on the board of Cease Fire as well as Handgun Control Inc. He also funds and owns several Liberal news outlets including "The nation"

Be careful who your supporting.

Then it's a good thing he's dead. :D

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Our family really got sick of using spaghetti sauce so we turned to Marinara sauces. Newman's and Lagasse are some of the best.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    generally i'll spice up and brown some burger and onion, separately spice up a can or jar of plain old tomato sauce, then mix them together. Works for me because I can put as much or as little of what I want in it.

Top Bottom