• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    My wife's cat wants attention for about 5 or 10 minutes, then it starts biting. My wife allowed this to happen before we got married. I do not allow it to happen to anyone, including my wife. If I see the cat even try to bite her, I smack him. I wouldn't lose any sleep if that cat ran away. I've told my wife I will not allow anymore cats in the house, even if this one dies. Made that perfectly clear before we got married. I'm a softie on a lot of things and have no problem letting my wife have her way on several issues. Cats are not one of them.

That biting behavior, while being one of the twisted ways a cat is affectionate, is also dominance behavior. A cat will bite like that with it's equals and it's lower pride-mates, but NEVER with the alpha. It says that the cat is secure and comfortable with you, but also indicates a lack of respect, like kids hitting and fighting between themselves.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

• [*][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]1 cat cut in serving-sized pieces dusted in flour with salt and pepper
      [/FONT]​
    • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]6 artichokes
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]2 1/4" thick slices of slab bacon, diced
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]1 small sweet onion, diced
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]4 cloves garlic, minced
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]1 carrot, diced
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]1 lemon
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]3 small tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]1/2 c. dry white wine
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]2-4 c. homemade chicken broth
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]garni of 4 flat parsley stems, 6 leafy thyme branches, 1 bay leaf tied up with kitchen twine Salt and pepper
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]1/4 c chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)[/FONT]

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    This sent my neighbor to the hospital and then physical therapy for a few months. The cat later passed away.

attachment.php

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Also, ask some animal control people about cats. They have seen it all and the damage a cat can do. Trying to fight a cat is like trying to wrestle razor wire. The pic I posted above was a neighbor, she thinks she got most of her bad cuts from trying to throw the cat off of her and by banging it against the door. Fractured her hand on the door.

When I walked into her house to let animal control in there was enough blood there that it looked like someone had been murdered. Not to mention the trail she left all the way across the street.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I want to go shoot another cat now! My daughters cat decided to use my clean clothes still in the laundry basket as a litter box... She bit and scratched the holy hell out of me before I could throw her out the door... To make it worse my wife's 20 pound cat decides to come defend his girlfriend... I really dislike cats!

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    A nice big, thick bath towel usually works to corral a pi$$ed off cat. And if it's been used once, that same cat will run away the next time it sees a similar bath towel coming towards it. For some odd reason, the cat seems to associate the bath towel with that utterly helpless feeling it has after being wrapped up in it. Works like a charm.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    1) Capture cat in large towel.
    2) Beat towel against floor for several minutes, or until no more cat sounds are heard.
    3) Place towel containing cat remains in trash bin.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The man and the dog should be publically shamed. "A big, mean cat has my family trapped!!"

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    As a teen our family had a cat like that...totally psycho and weighed in at about 25 pounds. It attacked my younger sister one night for no apparent reason and really bloodied her arms. Dad grabbed the cat by the back of it's neck and it went out the front door flying all the way to the street (a good forty feet). It came back two days later and was acting like nothing ever happened wanting attention and loving. So, dad decided that we'd take the cat rabbit hunting...damn tragic accident ensued.

Darn rabbits not paying attention to the 4 safety rules will destroy a cat by accident pronto!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011

• 1 cat cut in serving-sized pieces dusted in flour with salt and pepper
    • 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
    • 6 artichokes
    • 2 1/4" thick slices of slab bacon, diced
    • 1 small sweet onion, diced
    • 4 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 carrot, diced
    • 1 lemon
    • 3 small tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
    • 1/2 c. dry white wine
    • 2-4 c. homemade chicken broth
    • garni of 4 flat parsley stems, 6 leafy thyme branches, 1 bay leaf tied up with kitchen twine Salt and pepper
    • 1/4 c chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)

I have said this at least once before but it bears repeating; The phrase that you have been hearing that seems to reference consuming a cat......... It doesn't REALLY mean what you think it does!

Top Bottom