• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    What about varying bullet types? (not composition or weight) like FMJ or HP?

Not all Hollow Points have the same profile as the same weight FMJ.
    This can change the bearing surface of the bullet, (the length of the straight part). More surface area = more resistance = higher pressure with the same powder charge. Usually the difference is so small it doesn't make a difference.
    But...some manufacturers list different charges for some of their Hollow Points. Speer Gold Dots in .45 ACP as an example.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    I have many reloading manuals but my favorite fairly new one is the 8th Edition of the Hornady Manual. I like it that it give the Cartridge Overall Length (COL) for each individual round as bullets are shaped differently even if they are the same weight. The spes are for only Hornady bullets of course. and it gives the Max case length, and case trim length, type of primer...

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I get all my info off of the internet. You can find everything you need to know from videos to pages post with the very same info you have in the books you buy and the best part it is FREE!!! I only bought one manual before and now I wish I didn't and saved the 28 bucks.

Top Bottom