• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My normal carry gun is a compact 1911 and my pocket gun is a Sig P238. Love them both and the Sig is like a small 1911 in function. It's been a great little gun and goes with me just about anywhere I go.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Cost no Object eh?

Off the shelf I would go with the Sig 238 if you are comfortable with cocked and locked carry. Far better sights than Mustang came with.

Rohrbaugh or Seecamp if you want DAO.

Custom J-frame if you are a wheelgunner.

Personally carry a Colt Mustang as BUG, and will add my voice to those who say it IS accurate for its size. Given time and money, start with a mustang and send it to Novaks or another top end smith for sights, dehorn, action work, alloy trigger, guide rod, checkering....be pricey, but you would have a beautiful little BUG. Will get mine there someday!

Not mine, wish it was, custom by Carniak
    colt_380_004_big.jpg

BTW has anyone tried the SIG laser on the mustang for fitment....was thinking about toying with this idea?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Since my pocket pistol is 80-90% of my carry, money isn't an issue here and I carry the hammerless sp101 in .357 magnum. Only mod I need to make to is crimson trace grips.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Those recommending the Sig P232 and the Walther PPK must have some huge pockets.

IF you are looking at those, go with the Sig. I really dislike the PPK. My brother has one, all of the edges are sharp. The web of my hand was bleeding within 50 rounds and I sliced my thumb open on the grooves on the slide while racking it.

To make it worse, it couldn't get through a single mag without a failure to feed.

The Sig is essentially the same but better and sexier. All of the edges are nice and smooth except where you need some grip (but those places aren't so sharp to draw blood) and I have never personally witnessed a Sig fail in any way. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it is currently the only manufacturer that I have not personally witnessed fail (of those I have seen). The only thing I dislike about the P232 is the Euro style mag release.

You could also go with a Bersa 380. It is the same size, a fraction of the price, and better than the PPK IMHO. Still not as sexy as the P232 though.

I don't consider any of those pocket pistols. The only reason I haven't bought a P232 for myself is because the size and the caliber. For that size, you can get something 9mm or larger. My wife really likes them too... which makes it even harder to resist.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I have a ppk/s in 380 it's a little more weight than my kel-tec in 380 thats why i dont carry it anymore. I don't ever recall it ever jamming. There is also makarovs 7.62x18 and ammo is out there.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    My favorite "pocket pistol" is my NAA Guardian. I put a laser (pocket slipper) on it, it makes it "print" as a wallet, it also keeps the gun from turning over in my pocket. I have never had a problem either firing or feed problems, it will use any ammo I feed it.

picture.php

maniox74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Franklin, In.
    i like the beretta 25 and 32 tip up barrells. very dependable and can carry easily unnoticed in any kind of pants or shorts pocket even gym shorts.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Ruger LCP is my current pocket or BUG...

I am partial to Ruger thought, I have handeled and shot a few others but like the small size, light weight and concealability of my LCP.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    You can check any of the other threads I have recently posted in in this section of the forum to attest to that! I can't shut up about it!!!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I like the Walther PPK, old German guns not the US made PPK/S, with flat bottom mags. It fits perfectly in my back pocket and is very comfortable. The Sig P230/232 would be my 2nd choice.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    For currently produced pocket pistols I really like my Sig P238.

Now if we are talking best pocket pistol ever, well then I am quite smitten with the old Remington 51 designed by Pedersen. That pistol just looks great, is all metal, thin, uses the unique momentum block system and is by far the best feeling gun in the hand I have ever held.

Mark in GA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    I'm would go with the Kahr PM9 or S&W 640. The S&W 642 is great to carry, but not so much to shoot.

Mark in GA

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I have never even saw a Rorbaugh.
    I always read good things about them.

Here is another vote for the PM9.
    Mine is great. I traded for a used one so I didn't have to shell out the full retail price all at once
    Now they make a cheaper CM9 version of it that's about $200 cheaper.

If money was no object I would love to try a Kimber Solo.

Top Bottom