• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am a big fan of large guns like a 1911 so I would want to stick to that platform if money wasnt an issue. Thats why I would probably chose one of the new 380 sigs on a 1911 platform.

I've got two of the Sig Sauer P238s. Products & Services

I prefer the black Nitron finish and I found a great pocket holster for it at D.M. Bullard Leather. It carrys well in a front or hip pocket, doesn't print and has the 1911 type action.

I carry a Kershaw Rainbow Leek folder and walked into the gun shop one day. They had a Sig P238 in the Rainbow Titanium finish and I bought the Sig to match my knife. That's the only time I ever accessorized in my life. I heard the womenfolk discussing it and figured it would be a good excuse for buying another Sig.

Fireman85

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    i shot the Kel Tec 9mm yesterday for the first time and though I don't know much about handguns it did shot well and did not feel that bad in the pocket, but I still like the ease of carrying my 38 special.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Pocket Carry Pistol

I am just about willing to bet that throughout the years the S&W J-Frames in 38 special have this in the bag. Just about everyone owns a J-Frame or a J-Frame copy.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I recently sold a Colt 80 series goverment model 380. they stopped making them in the late 80's. It a minature of the 1911 frame with out the grip safety, holds 7 rounds of 380 apc and is a very nice pocket pistol. I already wish I had held onto that one. If you can find one buy it.

this, and I really want one!

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Beg to differ. I have had 2 COLT Mustang Pocketlites. Both have been plenty accurate out to 25 yards. I do most of my practice 15 yards and in, they are close-in guns by design and caliber, and holding rounds in a 3-4" circle shooting one handed is pretty simple.

Everyone who shoots my Mustang has wanted to buy it.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Kel-tec p3at 380(1st gen). It's lite and it shoots where you point it everytime you pull the trigger. thair are a few others out there like ruger,s&w and taurus. I'm sure thay are all good,but i've only shot the kel-tec alot. And there is the glock 26 9mm and the 27 40cal that i'm vary use to. Thay are a bit bigger but not that much. good luck hope you find what you are looking for

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I love my P32, but would really like to try a Kahr P380. I have a PM40 that I really like, but it's on the upper limit of pocketgun. I wouldn't mind trying an R9 either, truth be told.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Those COLT 380 were not accurate:(

Beg to differ. I have had 2 COLT Mustang Pocketlites. Both have been plenty accurate out to 25 yards. I do most of my practice 15 yards and in, they are close-in guns by design and caliber, and holding rounds in a 3-4" circle shooting one handed is pretty simple.

Everyone who shoots my Mustang has wanted to buy it.

I agree my Colt Mustang is more accurate then my LCP or buddys Keltec.
    Im still looking for Colt to start making these again to pick up another one.

I love my P32, but would really like to try a Kahr P380. I have a PM40 that I really like, but it's on the upper limit of pocketgun. I wouldn't mind trying an R9 either, truth be told.

As for a ploy pocket pistol you cant go wrong with Kahrs P380. Decent trigger and sights. just my :twocents:

Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    This is turning into a pretty good thread. Thanks for all the comments, it has been interesting and the links to various web sites has been very helpful. I am a little surprised the See Camp have not been brought up yet. No one has hollered Beretta yet either. Very interesting. As I thought about this it reminded me of the newer "tactical pants' on the market available today and I also wonder how many guys actually 'dress' for the pistol, or how many buy a pistol to go with how they dress. Some places I have been a London Fog coat with a M4 carbine stuffed under it seemed like a good option, lol, but that might be a little conspicuous and stuffy on the beach this summer. How about it guys, do you dress for the weapon, or do you choose a weapon based on how you like to dress?
    Right now I am pretty basic with a G23 for most days, and the light 38 when down to shorts and a T. I don't wear dress slacks often, but when I do, I typically go with a jacket and put the G23 in a belt slide. But I was kinda thinking a small 380 might be real handy. I do think the Sig with the rainbow titanium slide looks really cool, and no doubt the Sig is a good weapon. Anyway thanks for all the great comments so far and keep them coming !

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Something to keep in mind:

If you are truly looking for something to go in your pocket, I would pay close attention to the weight. Sure, all stainless pocket pistols look awesome, but they aren't going to carry well in a pocket unless you don't mind that weight bouncing around while you walk.

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    i carry a german ww11 deutshe werks ortgies 25 cal.nickle with ivory
    [well fake ivory] grips perfect for a pocket gun jmo

:patriot:

semper fi

Top Bottom