• Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    If Money was no issue----

What is the best pocket pistol ever made? So many plastic jobs on the market today, I am sure they are fine, but I regret not getting an original HK4, but then I heard they have problems. Older Walther ? Hmm
    Guess I am rambling.

I have been a Big Gun man for years, my carry pistols were 1911's, 44 revolvers etc. Just in the last few years did I downsize to a Glock 23 and a Lite Weight 38 spl. As I get older though my desire to carry such a big piece is less and less. Just lazy I guess...

Anyway I have shot some small pistols over the years and seems many have problems with jamming. I want something that is super high quality, goes bang every time, and something you can actually hit were you aim. I don't mind paying for quality and don't mind buying something no longer in production on Gunbroker or something like that. I have heard Seecamps are good too. Was just wondering what the consensus was on the premium pocket pistols.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I am a big fan of large guns like a 1911 so I would want to stick to that platform if money wasnt an issue. Thats why I would probably chose one of the new 380 sigs on a 1911 platform. I currently carry a TCP and like it but when I bought it money was more of a factor. I also carry a Para 1911 so the pocket pistol might not see much action anyways but its there.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I recently sold a Colt 80 series goverment model 380. they stopped making them in the late 80's. It a minature of the 1911 frame with out the grip safety, holds 7 rounds of 380 apc and is a very nice pocket pistol. I already wish I had held onto that one. If you can find one buy it.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I am a big fan of large guns like a 1911 so I would want to stick to that platform if money wasnt an issue. Thats why I would probably chose one of the new 380 sigs on a 1911 platform. I currently carry a TCP and like it but when I bought it money was more of a factor. I also carry a Para 1911 so the pocket pistol might not see much action anyways but its there.

You must have much bigger pockets than me. I am looking for a good pocket pistol too. I am leaning toward a Rohrbaugh too. I quit carrying my NAA guardian.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    The Rohrbaugh is a great gun though. I am just not into giving up half my stuff to get it, cause I have a feeling my wife would take the other half and walk.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I am more than a little bit in love with my Sig Sauer P238.
    It is in essence a scaled down 1911, so if you are already well versed in the function of a SA 1911 it would be worth looking into for you.
    I carry it on duty as a backup gun on my ankle or in a uniform shirt pocket. Off duty it virtually disappears in a pocket.
    It is, hands down, the most accurate pocket pistol I have ever seen.
    We have to qualify with anything we carry, and on a 48 round ILEA police qualifying course, I shot a perfect 240 out of 240 with it. (Sadly, I shot a 238 out of 240 with my duty Glock...lol)
    I have over 1,500 rounds through mine with absolutely no jams/ no FTF's.
    The .380 defense market has exploded in the last few years, and as a result there are a number of quite decent options for carry ammo with impressive performance results for a small caliber cartridge.
    It's no .45, but until Kimber makes something I can put in my pocket, I'll keep carrying my Sig P238. :twocents:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Kahr PM9 Black Diamond, there is just no good reason to spend more money, even if ya got it.
    Always in my pocket or IWB
    :popcorn:

PM9.jpg

jffyg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Hamilton
    My vote goes to the SIGARMS 232 stainless steel .380. Its way overpriced in my opinion, but its the right combination of size, weight, and design (rounded edges, wide trigger, DA/SA) for exceptional shooting. Only down size is .380, and 7+1 round capacity. Still will likely be able to hand down to your grandkids.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Picked up a S&W 442 (38 Spec) for my wife at the 1500 Show. It comes in handy when we are going to church. It fits in my pocket nicely. I have good sized hands. Anything smaller and I'm not comfortable shooting it.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    My vote would go to the M&P 340. It's pricey, but extremely lite, accurate, completely reliable, features a factory nightsite and u-notch rear sight and is chambered for 357. Put it in a $20 Nemesis holster and you're good to go. S&W is now making them without the internal lock as well:rockwoot:

It takes a bit of practice to become proficient with one- as is the case for most small handguns. Also takes a bit of handling to learn a good grip when shooting 357, but it can be achieved.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I like Ruger's new LCR in .357mag...a little bigger than most of those mentioned above, but none of those mentioned above carries the punch this one has!

In the winter, it fits easily into a coat pocket. In the summer, it fits in a front pocket, or the side pocket on cargo shorts and no one is the wiser. DeSantis makes a really nice 3-slot hoster for it...so with a shirt over the top, it carries very nice in the 4 o'clock or 10 o'clock position.

I'd MUCH rather have 5 rounds of .357mag than 6-7 rounds of 9mm or .380acp! :twocents:

Top Bottom