• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Still trying to figure out my cell phone thing and right now it looks like I can't easily upgrade with a 2 year contract extension and my best bet it to just buy a phone outright.

Where is the best place to buy a phone? Of course there is ebay, swappa, craigslist, etc, any other options our things I should look at?

Right now I'm wanting a Samsung galaxy note 4 that will work on AT&T.

Thanks!
    Clay

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    bump, anyone else?? OnePlus One looks interesting for sure, but of course they are supposed to introduce the OnePlus Two here in a few weeks so I might have to wait and see what that brings ;)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Still trying to figure out my cell phone thing and right now it looks like I can't easily upgrade with a 2 year contract extension and my best bet it to just buy a phone outright.

Where is the best place to buy a phone? Of course there is ebay, swappa, craigslist, etc, any other options our things I should look at?

Right now I'm wanting a Samsung galaxy note 4 that will work on AT&T.

Thanks!
    Clay
    We are in the exact same boat, Clay. I want a Note 4 to use as an ATT GoPhone to replace my very low use home/biz phone line.

I've been monitoring Swappa. I missed one sold in Terre Haute a few weeks back. I'd love to catch one a drivable distance away. I bought my Verizon Galaxy S4 off of Swappa and picked it up in Columbus a couple years back.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good deal! So Swappa is legit! that is one thing I was worried about.

Welllllllllll....
    ...I'm a bit cautious too. Swappa came recommended by BossHoss and I trust his word. That said, ike CL, eBay, etc. you are still at the mercy of a seller that might not be up and up. I've seen more than one listing that I wouldn't touch.

One fellow specifically didn't express that his Nexus 6 was self-rebooting at random a couple times a day, until answering a question in the comments section. :xmad: I'm confident that would have gotten sorted out by Swappa in the long run, but would have been disappointing up front. I believe it would pay to deal with trusted sellers with a verifiable history.

I made my Swappa deal through communication in their listing comments/question section. The deal actually happened outside of Swappa. I believe they have taken measures to make sure this does not happen any further. They want you paying through them to assure they get their %. I paid the seller cash at a Starbucks. Don't know if he paid them for their services or not.

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    there is a Note 4 in veedersburg, not to far away from me, but probably 3 hours for you. Guys a bit over priced for a used one IMO.

There is IBS out of New York selling a bunch of them for $430. They also have an ebay presence but are a bit higher there.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have read something about verifying that the phone is for ATT in the US. Some phone's for ATT overseas may not have all working features for here?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    there is a Note 4 in veedersburg, not to far away from me, but probably 3 hours for you. Guys a bit over priced for a used one IMO.

There is IBS out of New York selling a bunch of them for $430. They also have an ebay presence but are a bit higher there.

I just caught one for sale in Indy today. Just got back with it. Got a warranty replacement that wasn't put into service. NIB w/stickers still on it.
    Now to find the simplest/quickest way to get my home number ported over to a "Go Phone" type cheap plan...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I bought a Net-10 LG android phone for the Boss of Me for $9 at Family Dollar Store a couple of weeks ago. Plan is $40 per month, coverage is good for where she lives, etc. Works great and she loves it!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... Now to find the simplest/quickest way to get my home number ported over to a "Go Phone" type cheap plan...

Ended up going to the AT&T store the next day. Pretty easy setup to the $30 month GoPhone plan. I was happily shocked to find no BS hidden charges. 30 bucks IS the monthly bill. Researching how to best pay online, I actually found an online reseller (Calling Cards | Prepaid Wireless Minutes | Phone Cards | Prepaid Airtime Wireless Refill from CallingMart) that offers discounts for paying AT&T through them.
    $27.00 for my second month's bill that shows a $30 credit on AT&T's account site. :rockwoot:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Im going to sell and galaxy note 3 with otter box real soon. I switched to sprint, and could not take my phone. It is set up for Verizon, so I have no clue if it would work on ATT. If interested let me know and Im sure we can work something out.

Top Bottom