• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    So who has the best prices on Mosin Nagants in NE Indiana?
    If you name a place then post a price, otherwise I call BS :D

I am looking for one after reading so much about them lately.

So I will start, I see K&T in New Haven has them for $126.99.

Can anyone find me a better deal?

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    t413,

Which Mosin Nagant are you looking for?

An M91, an M91/30, an M38, an M44, an M39, an M27, an M28, an M91/59, etc etc etc...??? :D

Presuming you are simply looking for an M91/30 K&T's price is reasonable.

I was just at SniperCo yesterday and didn't see any there. I haven't been to Ranger Supply lately but you could call them and ask.

If Keith is close to you I would just go with him. He is a good guy. If you have your C&R you can get less expensive online, but to be honest with S&H charges it will only save a little, and with an FFL transfer fee without the C&R it isn't worth it.

An average M91/30 will cost about $110 - $130, depending on certain variables. For example, you can get one at AIMSurplus for $90. Then throw in $25 for S&H and you're up to $115. If you do not have your C&R you have at least $10 for an FFL transfer fee, so at $125.

Keith is a good guy and very easy to work with. I haven't bought anything from him but have spent a couple hours in his store goofing off and chatting. You might find some at Gander Mountain but I wouldn't give them my money as I have seen stupid prices on olde Lee-Enfields. They are taking advantage of ignorant buyers out there.

Good luck in your purchase wherever you go. It is a shame there is no vaccine for Mosinitis!

Regards,

Doug

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Gander Mountain has the for $129 in Indianapolis (Castleton) and presumably the same price elsewhere.:dunno:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I don't know anything about the the Mosin although I do want to get one someday, but I think Dunham's has them on sale occasionally for less than $100. The guys on here who know can tell you if Dunham's mosins are any good, though.:dunno:

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    I was thinking $126 was reasonable but I always hear about people getting them for around $90, but I never knew where they got them.
    Just wanted to do some homework on pricing before I get one as I finally decided its worth while.

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    I bought my M91/30 Mosin on sale for 79.99 at Dunhams in Kokomo about 6 months ago. If you watch there sale add you will catch them for that price or 89.99 about every other month. the Ad is in the Sunday paper locally. If I catch a sale I will post on this thread. I got a 1934 hex receiver in beautiful shape, all numbers matched & it came with the ammo pouch, sling, small pouch with a few tools, bayonet and a little oil can.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Dunham's usually has the 91/30 on sale every few weeks for $89.
    That is where I got mine awhile back for that price. Under $100 out the door.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Got mine at Dunhams in Auburn for $89 on sale. They were asking more for ones with laminated stocks, but I didnt care about those. Had several to choose from, most looked pretty good. Ended up walking out with a nice 1933 hex receiver myself

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    So who has the best prices on Mosin Nagants in NE Indiana?
    If you name a place then post a price, otherwise I call BS :D

I am looking for one after reading so much about them lately.

So I will start, I see K&T in New Haven has them for $126.99.

Can anyone find me a better deal?

Locally i dont have a clue, but online at budsgunshop.com they have them for like 109 shipped

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Most gun shows, you can find them as is (usually just wiped off) for around $120 and sometimes you can find a guy that actually cleans them and has them 100% ready for $175 range. Depends.

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    Most gun shows, you can find them as is (usually just wiped off) for around $120 and sometimes you can find a guy that actually cleans them and has them 100% ready for $175 range. Depends.

Why would you buy a pre cleaned Mosin.
    Cleaning all the cosmoline off is like a right of passage to the Mosin club.:laugh:

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    So I finally got a chance to look up Dunhams and I can see the Auburn Store's weekly ad online.
    I never knew this store existed.
    Kind of a big box store like Gander and Dicks Sporting Goods.
    When someone first posted about Dunhams, I thought it was some small local gun shop.

Thanks for the heads up guys!
    Now if only they have their Mosins on sale.
    Thanks INGO :yesway::yesway:

Top Bottom